Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dickson back in contention for Addicks

edited October 2008 in General Charlton
http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/3806605.Dickson_back_in_contention_for_Addicks/

Comments

• “I’m not bothered whether they (the players) are happy or not."

“I could choose anyone of the 20 which I think is my first team squad."

2 fantastically awful quotes from the manager of a team languishing near the foot of the Championship.

No wonder we are where we are. I'm sorry, but my patience and faith in Alan Pardew is wearing very, very thin.
  • I thought it was a nice mention of the support last week, hopefully everyone can do the same this week!

He said: “The fans were brilliant last Saturday.

“We didn’t have many go to Ipswich, but those who did go we appreciated.

“The atmosphere they tried to create last Saturday, especially in the first half when we were dysfunctional, was outstanding. If they can do that again it can only help us.”
  • Regarding Andy Gray:-

“He has a personal issue on-going that might keep him out of the game on Saturday or I might include him. That will continue for another three or four weeks."

WTF! So either you'll include him on saturday or his issue will affect him for another 3-4 weeks. It can't be both surely?!
  • Add that to the list of AP quotes.......he is a bit of a laugh isnt he.....I used to take him seriously :-)
  • Dickson needs a run of starts if we're ever going to see if he's good enough at this level. The sooner the better. If he's good enough, he will be prolific.

Toddy and Dicko up front for me. As much as I like Varney, he's had too many chances and missed too many chances.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Regarding Andy Gray:-

“He has a personal issue on-going that might keep him out of the game on Saturday or I might include him. That will continue for another three or four weeks."

WTF! So either you'll include him on saturday or his issue will affect him for another 3-4 weeks. It can't be both surely?!

If the rumours of one of Andy's family being ill are true then it might be a delicate situation that could change quickly. AP obviously can't then say definitely either way.
  • We had this situation with Halford when he had one of his many awfuol games for us and it turned out one of his family were ill or died but wanted to play and he was awful, as usual, so IMO Andy Gray shouldn't play if his mind is not on the job.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite] IMO Andy Gray shouldn't play if his mind is not on the job.

Agreed Ledge.

And like every one of us, his family are 100 times more important than his work.
  • too right football will still be here in 4,5 ,6 weeks time however long he needs.
  • I'm not convinced about Pard's management at the moment BUT .......

When it comes to quotes from Pardew or anyone else, for that matter - it's got to be realised that it's invariably in response to journalists loaded questions - and specific to those, to us unknown questions that's being answered.

It's easy to take a quote in isolation and out of context - and then on a forum like this, trash him everytime he opens his mouth.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]I'm not convinced about Pard's management

the end is nigh....slightly NEGATIVE tone to oggy's commrnt ;-0