Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

family friendly restuarants

edited October 2008 in Not Sports Related
May be out in central london with the wife and kids this afternoon at the aquarium in county hall. Anyone know of anywhere vaguely okay foodwise that is relatively family friendly for a meal early evening?

I was thinking of the gourmet pizza place past the national theatre, but any other suggestions are gratefully received.

Comments

• Options
    Was in town yesterday and ate in Spaghetti House, opposite the entrance to the National Portrait Gallery. Does all the kid friendly stuff like bolognese and carbonara and also a lot of sea food based dishes.
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited October 2008
    Garfunkels on Charing Cross Road, is reasonable and children friendly, or Ed's diner in Soho, very kid friendly and they will love the burgers & fries, short taxi ride from county hall.

Garfunkels
    0207 437 6090 - 43 Charing Cross Road, London WC2H 0AP

Eds Diner
  • Options
    lots of restaurants under hungerford bridge by the royal festival hall. strada, wagamama - massive recommendation for Giraffe!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]lots of restaurants under hungerford bridge by the royal festival hall. strada, wagamama - massive recommendation for Giraffe!!!!

giraffe looks like it could be a good bet.
  • Options
    Giraffe - V Kid friendly and not bad grub either
  • Options
    Rainforest Cafe always goes down well with kids

http://www.therainforestcafe.co.uk/
  • Options
    Yeah I'd say rainforest cafe as the kids will love it but its overpriced and frankly not all that the grub
  • Options
    we went to the rainforest cafe when at disney paris a few weeks back, the kids liked it but the food was pretty average.
  • Options
    Really? We thought the food was average when we last went to the Orlando one, but we thought it was a one-off as it had been great previously. Looks like it's a problem all over then...
  • Options
    Went to Euro Disney rainforest cafe in June and the food was awful, it strikes me you are paying for the scenery, oh and the service was crap
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Been to both the London one and the eurodisney one recently and both times the king size bacon double cheeseburgers with chips and extra mayo were poor . Filled a hole though
  • Options
    Places like GBK do good kids menus
  • Options
    Giraffe again - kids like it a lot, and the cocktails aren't bad either
  • Options
    GBK, Lordship lane, every friday at my work, mmmmmmmmmmmmm

thanks the food god for this place, awesome.
  • Options
    GBK food is HUGE dude!
  • Options
    Sounds like the giraffe is winning by a neck.
  • Options
    what Suzi said.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]Was in town yesterday and ate in Spaghetti House, opposite the entrance to the National Portrait Gallery. Does all the kid friendly stuff like bolognese and carbonara and also a lot of sea food based dishes.
    Love the 'Sghetii Aaaahse' as a woman I lunch with regularly there calls it (Strood girl!). If you want, you could also try Pizza Express or Prezzo (both located on the Haymarket). Wagamama is also pretty good (though hideously overpriced)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]Was in town yesterday and ate in Spaghetti House, opposite the entrance to the National Portrait Gallery. Does all the kid friendly stuff like bolognese and carbonara and also a lot of sea food based dishes.
    Love the 'Sghetii Aaaahse' as a woman I lunch with regularly there calls it (Strood girl!). If you want, you could also try Pizza Express or Prezzo (both located on the Haymarket). Wagamama is also pretty good (though hideously overpriced)
    unless there are vouchers on offer in the one you wish to visit!

my view is, never eat anywhere, where there isn't an offer on!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]

cheapskate!
  • Options
    is there some place where you can find out about offers for restaurants etc ?

i'm a bit in the dark on these things
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carlingaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]

cheapskate!

sensible I think.

got 10 plates of yo sushi and only paid for 5, 2 for 1 pizza express pizzas, 2 for 1 main meals in strada. there are always deals on, usually sunday to wednesday.
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited October 2008
    Overspill from students days Suz?
  • Options
    Never went to uni, only college and worked part time through that, so never had debt, always worked so always had money, and like to keep it for as long as possible!!
  • Options
    oh, tightwad then ;-)
  • Options
    Tightwad !?

Salad dodger more like , 10 plates of Sushi , then 2 pizzas , then 2 main meals in strada !

And I bet les says were n't there either
  • Options
    i was hungry that afternoon. got les to make me dinner for when i got in.
  • Options
    too right suzi if you can get discount go for it.

took my lad and 4 mates of his to pizza hut as part of birthday few weeks ago and with me and the wife and baby ledge the whole lot came to £28 with the 50'% off food voucher.

used it a pizza express

it's the credit crunch you know.