Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ross and Brand Suspended

edited October 2008 in Not Sports Related
Quite right too - make it permanent IMO.

Comments

• Options
    Yes a right pair of arseholes
  • Options
    Because of the two complaints from people who actually heard the show?
  • Options
    Good, hate Brand, quite like Ross, but he's over stepped the mark with this, I would have punched both their lights out by now had it been my family.
  • Options
    4000 allegedly.

doesn't matter how many Rothko what they did was crass and totally out of effing order -
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Because of the two complaints from people who actually heard the show?

Would you ignore racist behaviour if the recipients themselves did not complain?
  • Options
    18,000 people are morally outraged by it by all accounts, suppose it keeps dodgy russians and politicans, plus a tanking economy off the front page.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Because of the two complaints from people who actually heard the show?[/quote]

Its amazing that as soon as the papers picked it up the complaints went up to 10,000.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Because of the two complaints from people who actually heard the show?
    It is totally irrelevent how many people who actually heard the show complained. If something so digusting is broadcast by the country's public service then heads should roll; regardless of how many heard it let alone complained.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I listened to the show not before all the fuss was made my the Daily Mail, When listening it was Jonathan Ross that would have caused more offense with his outbursts, which where unacceptable. It shocks me that it was allowed to broadcast as it was pre recorded days before it was aired.
  • Options
    Over 18,000 now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Agreed, Rothko. Yes, they overstepped the mark, but this has now become a witch hunt. Dangerous times.
  • Options

agree Rothko
  • Options
    Well about 5 million heard it, 2 complained, not about the call, but about Ross saying the f word.

The Mail picked up on it after they heard the podcast a few days later, and turned it into a world defining story, and loads of complaints followed.

Has Sachs complained? Has his Grandaughter complained to the BBC or Ofcom?

As for racism, interesting comparison, don't know how you manage to equate the two, but I'm all ears
  • Options
    I listened to it yesterday, i personally thought it was bloody hillarious!! it was the kind of convo you would have with a close friend after a few to many ales, there only mistake was that it was live on the radio, no one has been killed or seriously hurt, his grand daughter from looking at her websites will be over the moon with the PR and the truth is Russell probably has!!! The whole thing has been so stupidly blown out of proportion!! the fact the sun have deveoted 7 fromt pages to it and news on the Rhys Matthews murder trail and the brutal killing of meridith kercher the bloke being sentanced has been banished to the back pages!! in light of how Fecked the world is at the moment, i found ross and brand a nice bit of light relief, Sorry if that offends anyone but listen to the lost interview and judge for yourself, if he had turned up like he was booked to none of this would have happend!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=U7IHJ66wj9g
  • Options
    It didn't go out live and that for me is the big point, if there is a problem it's a editorial/compliance problem at the BBC.

Easier to blame the presenters then the producers/controllers.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Well about 5 million heard it, 2 complained, not about the call, but about Ross saying the f word.

The Mail picked up on it after they heard the podcast a few days later, and turned it into a world defining story, and loads of complaints followed.

As for racism, interesting comparison, don't know how you manage to equate the two, but I'm all ears

I have not heard the whole facts so if above is tru fair enough. His granddaughter has spoken out now but not sure if hse has complained.

They've apologised which I suppose should draw a line under it in all honesty.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite] Has Sachs complained? Has his Grandaughter complained to the BBC or Ofcom?

Where've you been? Too much time on the Fans Forum!

So the original complaints may have been about the f-word, so what? The whole thing has come to light now and it is something that should not be allowed.
  • Options
    I understand they have launched an enquiry into exactly that Rothko (producers/controllers)
  • Options
    Both Sachs AND his grandaughter have complained.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]

Where've you been? Too much time on the Fans Forum!

So the original complaints may have been about the f-word, so what? The whole thing has come to light now and it is something that should not be allowed.

The whole thing has become a media witch hunt, sure your enjoying it though
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Well about 5 million heard it, 2 complained, not about the call, but about Ross saying the f word.

The point being, you neither have to have heard it, seen it first hand, or be the recipient of it to be offended or outraged by it.

I'm glad it got a wider airing, no matter what media source did it, they are two people affectively paid a huge sum of money from licence payers fees and should have shown better judgement, purile, infantile rubbish by two grown men, and the person who allowed it to be broadcast should be suspended too.

If someone had left messages like that on your asnwerphone about a member of your family, how would you feel?
  • Options
    Agree editorial and production teams must be investigated too, but this must not take any blame off the two idiots concerned.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I'm with rothko on this. The radio presenter leaving message on celebrity's phone is not exactly a new approach. This time they stepped over the line with what they said. They have apologised really that should be it along with a rap on the knuckles for the producers for letting it go out on air.
  • Options
    Yet channel 4 broadcasts a weekly show promoting prank calls which i'm sure causes distress to the victims.

Maybe not as personal but still distressing i'm sure.
  • Options
    Sorry, this was far too personal, its not about the F word used.
  • Options
    Brand is a Wanka full stop.

Ross should have known better but the mans ego has rocketed along with his pay cheque serves them both right, however this will make no dent in their lives and should be best forgotten,

Manuels grand daughter must know a few fellas who could give brand the hiding that is due to him
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Has anybody here ever slept with a woman and then thought it would be a great laugh to let her grandfather know all about it......?

I wonder how the grandfather would feel about the phone call...would he be LFAO?
  • Options
    Que. Who would want to upset such a lovely nice man.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    By: Rothko[/cite]

The whole thing has become a media witch hunt, sure your enjoying it though

Don't really understand your point there. Why would I being enjoying it?

So what if it is a witch hunt? If these two get sacked it'll be worth it. Sadly they won't and how long before Ross makes a sly remark about it when hosting some crappy awards ceremony?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]It didn't go out live and that for me is the big point, if there is a problem it's a editorial/compliance problem at the BBC.

Easier to blame the presenters then the producers/controllers.

I totally agree. Whether you like or hate them. Personally I like JR and don't particularly like RB. The fact is this was not a live prank which went wrong. Somebody had production and editorial responsibility for what went out. That said, two complaints? Well yes until a bandwagon of complainers is created, whipped up by the Daily Mail, and presumably made up mainly from the Fawlty Towers Appreciation Society. I would claim to be an honorary member of that organisation.

Lets not forget though that FT would almost certainly not be allowed today given the anti-spanish stereotypical Manuel played by Sachs, the use of the N word to describe West Indians, and the anti German stuff.

It's sad that things have got to this stage but lets not get too holy about something that should never have been broadcast.