Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

we do have some bloody good players

edited October 2008 in General Charlton
if we could coach them a bit better we could be a force to be reckoned with

I'm sorry Pards but enough is enough - the performances need to be addressed immediately. I don't care if we don't win every game but I do pay to watch FOOTBALL.

Chris Powell for manager anyone?

Comments

• I'm sorry, but everyone's arguments for a new manager completely fall down when they choose the route of simply forwarding the name of a 'popular ex player', for no other reason that 'he had the right attitude as a player' or because 'he seems a decent bloke'.
  • If we sack Pardew the only man i would want in charge would be curbishley.
  • Don`t forget that Charlton are not restricted to recruiting managers that are current unemployed. If the post were to become vacant I feel sure that quite a few managers in post would fancy the job as well as those currently kicking their heels. Agree with AFKA not a good idea to appoint a " Charlton legend" just because he was a favourite player. Nonsense imho.
  • We've had all these bloody arguments on this board from all pro and against Pardew.

Not one anti Pardew poster has come up with one decent and realistic manager to replace Pardew.

Allardyce , billy davies - to name bu two - if these 2 so good how come they still out fo work some months after losing their last job.

Kinsella , brown, paul mortimer, now chris powell have been named - i was an advocate of kinsella but looking at how the reserrves are doing he's not ready, Brown talks a good game on the radio putting it into practise is another matter. Mortimer - I could train our woman doesn't make me next best bet for Charlton manager.

there's a lot of managers out of work people so name some and let's discuss the the pros and cons. rahter than just posting ani pardew bile - which people are entitled to be unhappy with him, back it up with some names and let's discuss 'em.
  • Mark Bowen.
    Gary Johnson.
    Roberto Martinez.
  • I'm not so sure any of the ex pros mentioned would be any worse than Pards so whats to lose?
  • bowen is a good shout excellent coach but I am sure I have read somewhere he doesn't want to be a number 1

johnson - again good shout he's a londoner - could we get him.

martinez - done an amazing job at Swansea but again could we entice managers like johnson and martinez
  • [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]I'm not so sure any of the ex pros mentioned would be any worse than Pards so whats to lose?

yeah granted - but we need someone with a bit of experience surely -
  • edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I'm sorry, but everyone's arguments for a new manager completely fall down when they choose the route of simply forwarding the name of a 'popular ex player', for no other reason that 'he had the right attitude as a player' or because 'he seems a decent bloke'.

Exactly...nice guys rarely if ever make good managers...you have to have a ruthless streak in you and be prepaired to be(or at least seen to be), quite unpleasant from time to time.
    Les Reed ...a classic example.
  • I'd have the bloke from Millwall (Jackett?), he seems to be doing a decent job there
  • Sponsored links:

• really good shout DFT, I have always thought he was a good manager
  • most managers out of work have been sacked at some stage or another but does that make them bad managers. If so then Phil Brown wouldn't have got another gig after ballsing it up at Derby. It's down to circumstances a lot of the time. An ex-CAFC face would be nice but you'd want them to have had experience so Bowen is a good shout. If not then it'll have to be an up and coming manager ala Fergie Jnr. I doubt we'd get either Martinez or Johnson. To be honest their isn't an outstanding candidate out there and I wouldn't want to appoint Brownie, Kins etc just because of who they are. Of course, Iain Dowie is available .......
  • [cite]Posted By: covered end junior[/cite]If we sack Pardew the only man i would want in charge would be curbishley.

spot on, how many on here wanted shot of him as we were a predictable mid table Premiership team? They were right to try and get rid of him as we are certainly not that now.
  • sack pards and make kinsella care taker, then you can bring someone in if it doesn't work out, which is what we should have done with uncle les.

:)