Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Harry Redknapp getting freedom of Portsmouth today

you got to admire his front haven't you.

Can't believe he's going to turn up - bet the OLD BILL down there going to love that.

Comments

• Options
    the bloke won the FA cup for the club and has put them in Europe.

He deserves to get the freedom of the place. If Portsmouth didn't want him to go then they could of refused him permissiopn to talk to Tottenham.

This is the same board that let him talk to Newcastle in Jan
  • Options
    oh I agree mate totally I said as much yesterday. Their board put the £5m price tag in his contract and have taken the money.

but bearing in mind the stick he's been getting from Pompey fans - just saying you got to admire his front for turning up cos he is going to get dog's abuse.
  • Options
    it is really wierd. I went to uni down there, and have a few Pompey supporting mates and they are split regarding how they are going to react to him.

I think in the back of their minds is the fact that he already did a bunk when he went to scumhampton.

The old bill down there are awful they will probably be the ones giving him the abuse
  • Options
    I'd be spewing if I was a Pompey fan. Not only has he deserted for a "massive" but he's left Tony Adams in pole position. Watch Pompey plummet under Adams as the money's drying up and the player exodus begins (first picks to Spurs). Welcome to our world!
  • Options
    I've always had a soft spot for Pompey...a club which has followed a very similar journey to ourselves....I think we are closer to them in achievment and profile than any other club.
    I believe I'm right in saying we have played them more than any other side over the years....can anyone confirm that?
    I first went there (Fratton Park that is),around 1961/62 season.
  • Options
    I'd completely forgotten the fact he left Pompey for Southampton and then went back. How was he ever allowed back after doing that?!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]I'd completely forgotten the fact he left Pompey for Southampton and then went back. How was he ever allowed back after doing that?!!

They knew that they needed him so he was forgiven
  • Options
    the problem is not many managers leave clubs by the front door, only legends do really
    i wonder when and if pardew ever departs what door it'll be
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]I've always had a soft spot for Pompey...a club which has followed a very similar journey to ourselves....I think we are closer to them in achievment and profile than any other club.
    I believe I'm right in saying we have played them more than any other side over the years....can anyone confirm that?
    I first went there (Fratton Park that is),around 1961/62 season.

Believe it is by some distance. Middlesbrough next I think.
  • Options
    I've fond memories of going down there on the Lewis coach with 1905 and crew in the 80's. We won 1-0 with a late Flanagan goal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2008
    [quote][cite]Posted By: charlton_carl[/cite]the bloke won the FA cup for the club and has put them in Europe.

He deserves to get the freedom of the place. If Portsmouth didn't want him to go then they could of refused him permissiopn to talk to Tottenham.

This is the same board that let him talk to Newcastle in Jan[/quote]

Depends what contract said. Pompey made so little fuss it sounds like the clause stated that if any club offered £5M then the Board had to let him talk to them.
  • Options
    I think i've visited Fratton Park more than any other away ground.
    I was there the day Jimmy Dickinson played his 600th game for them...it was against us.
    Charlton captain Mike Bailey presented him with a silver salver from CAFC before the kick off.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    some good booooooooing going on there...
    did he have a spurs tie on , looked similar to the one he wore on sunday