Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Basey's booking

edited October 2008 in General Charlton
Did anyone else think that is was another player (Hudson) who tripped the Burnley player and should have gone in the book or has my mind finally gone?

Comments

• Options
    It was Hudson and I think Pards suggested this in his post game comments. Think he said Basey should accept it as "team spirit".
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]...... has my mind finally gone?

Would you like anyone on here to clarify the point, Henry .....?

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: HardyAddick[/cite]It was Hudson and I think Pards suggested this in his post game comments. Think he said Basey should accept it as "team spirit".

Who takes the hit on the fine though?
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    It was Basey on the halfway line who got badly caught in possession, and allowed Burnley to turn defence into attack.
    Credit it to Basey for chasing his man all the way back - but it was slack play on his part in the first place.

So I opt that Basey pays!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]...... has my mind finally gone?

Would you like anyone on here to clarify the point, Henry .....?

;o)

What point? Nurse, where's my medication? : - )

[cite]Posted By: HardyAddick[/cite]It was Hudson and I think Pards suggested this in his post game comments. Think he said Basey should accept it as "team spirit".

Missed that. Thanks.

As Oggy said it was Basey's rick in the first place so maybe he should.
  • Options
    Agreed.

did not realise they got fined for yellows - how much??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: HardyAddick[/cite]Agreed.

Not sure. Think all the club fines go to a charity.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Did anyone else think that is was another player (Hudson) who tripped the Burnley player and should have gone in the book or has my mind finally gone?

simple answer;
    YES & YES.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: HardyAddick[/cite]Agreed.

Not sure. Think all the club fines go to January window player purchase fund.

Couldn't we buy Ronnie Moore again .......?

;o)
  • Options
    I though so as well. A bit of a double take but by dint of my age, my eyes ain't what they used to be guvnor!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought Hudson made the tackle too but I'm a blind old git so just assumed I'd got it wrong!
  • Options
    It WAS Hudson. FACT.
  • Options
    It was Hudson but the ref was good for the majority of the game so that booking can slide ;o) p.s it's about £5000 for a yellow in premier league isnt it? or is that just a lie i was told?
  • Options
    I think they get fined £8 for a yellow card, same as a Saturday league player in an FA affiliated league. Whether the club fines them as well I dont know, but normally they fine them if booking is for dissent.
  • Options
    I thought it was Hudson as well.