Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What about Pompey ?

edited October 2008 in General Charlton
So harry boy says " its a huge club a real football club" -------- so what is Pompey then Harry. Seen all the medis bollox about HR going to the yids not a word about Pompey.

Comments

• Options
    Wish you wouldn't use that word, even if some Spurs fans themselves use it. A lot of people , both Jewish and non-Jewish , find it offensive.
  • Options
    Nigel that is rubbish all Spuds refer to themselves as Yids,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lets not get to senitive on here, it is starting to get rediculous
  • Options
    Sorry, but it's not "rubbish". I said a lot of people find it offensive. You can , if you wish, say it is over-sensitive/ridiculous/stupid for them to feel that way. But you can't denounce a fact as "rubbish" ...

On Goonerhater's broader point, I entirely agree. Ever since the story broke late last night, I've been wondering when someone was going to mention Portsmouth !
  • Options
    Nigel thanks for using one of ur 28 comments . The Spurs are the Yids go tell em to stop singing it
  • Options
    Yid Army! ;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]So harry boy says " its a huge club a real football club"
    so what is Pompey then Harry. Seen all the medis bollox about HR going to the yids not a word about Pompey.

He was actually very complimentary about Pompey in his interview on SSN last night about 2am...
  • Options
    Thats the second time Harry has gone. He is sure to be complimentary, but I dont see Pompey seeing it that way
  • Options
    Tony Adams now appointed as Pompey manager
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    !!!!!!!
  • Options
    Yids...Yanks...Aussies....Limeys...Pommies....Polaks....Pakis....what's in a name FFS!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WSSWSS
    edited October 2008
    The non-football Jewish Community may find it offensive but please let not let this get out of hand.

It is, in my opinion a well known "nickname" for Tottenham Hotspur Football Club - one that they embrace quite vociferoiusly in the stands every week as well.

Lets leave it at that.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Yids...Yanks...Aussies....Limeys...Pommies....Polaks....Pakis....what's in a name FFS!!

The last one, at least, is insulting and well you know it.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Ermmm Ben....have you ever listened to Australian cricket commentators....they use nicknames ALL the time and no one gives a hoot.
    Who says it's insulting....I haven't the faintest notion why it should be...whenever on very very rare ocassions I use it I'm not even remotely saying it to be insulting...why do you think it is?
  • Options
    I doubt many would maybe elders as younger ones use it as much as Blacks use teh N word to each other.

Must say when i started there i was taken back a bit but soon got used to it
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited October 2008
    Can we please stick to the thread about Portsmouth fans reactions to Harry's comments please?

Any personal opinions or debates on other 'sensitive' topics you want with other members please start a private discussion - this is not the place for it.

Thanks
  • Options
    OK mate.............. let's call a truce.
    I hope to hear from you on the Ipswich thread tonight....I unfortunately couldn't make it as my assistant had to have the day off.
    I wonder if there's commentary on the radio?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]vociferoiusly

Google definition = Definitions of vociferously on the Web:

In a vociferous manner.

Ok well that settle's that then! I now know what that word means....

sorry this post was a tad random wasn't it!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]OK mate.............. let's call a truce.
    I hope to hear from you on the Ipswich thread tonight....I unfortunately couldn't make it as my assistant had to have the day off.
    I wonder if there's commentary on the radio?

No problem. Can't bear listening to us on the radio. Will wait till 10.00 pm and look on SSN