Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is there a better example...

...of the current state of football than Redknapp?

How much more money does the bloke want or need? He sums up pretty much everything that’s bad about the game at the moment. He’s adored at Pompey even after the Southampton business. The media still love him despite his ‘dubious’ relationships with agents and rumours about him year after year. He’s been given more money than he’s ever had, built a good mid-table Premiership squad, taken them to a Cup Final, etc, etc yet has left them for a team in freefall 100 miles away from his lovely house and his family. Jeez, Harry what is it exactly you want out of life??? You certainly ain’t going to win anything more with Spurs than you already have done.

No loyalty to anything other than money…

Comments

• Options
    pompey could have said no couldn't they but £5m compensation obviously proved to hard to turn down which you fail to mention.

If pompey had said no redknapp would still be there none the wiser - works both ways.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]pompey could have said no couldn't they but £5m compensation obviously proved to hard to turn down which you fail to mention.

If pompey had said no redknapp would still be there none the wiser - works both ways.

True but equally a large % of any compensation paid will probably go on buying out the contract of the next manager they then poach from another club and so it goes. As things stand I doubt the Pompey board were rubbing their hands at the thought of a few quid in the bank. Don't think anyone in the game is as cute as him when it comes to engineering the very best result for......Harry Redknapp.
  • Options
    It's the lure of immortality. Imagine if he becomes the next Bill Nicholson? Whatever the "noises off", there is little doubt he is one of the best if not the best English manager around but he's never had the chance of a really big club (sorry West Ham). There is no doubt that if he did turn them around and match their spending power with league position, they could be a force again.
  • Options
    From what I have read Pompey need every bit of cash they can get so I wouldn't expect much if any of that to be spent on poaching a new manager. They'll be looking at one of the currently out-of-work crowd: Allardyce, Curbishley, Davies, Dowie (only joking!), I would have thought.

But I'll probably be completely wrong with these assumptions and they will poach Mr Pardew, paying a large sum in compensation to the incumbent employers.
  • Options
    Think the 5 mill we keep the wolves from the Pompey door from a while. It's a good point though Les Addicks, although sounds the only loyalty being shown in any of this, is by Tony Adams - and that too Arsenal!
  • Options
    Redknapp said "everyone comes out of this happy , spurs , myself and pompey cos they get £5m compo"

so the pompey fans are happy are they?

expect nothing more from the van who poached Defoe from us
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Les Addicks[/cite]...of the current state of football than Redknapp?

How much more money does the bloke want or need? He sums up pretty much everything that’s bad about the game at the moment. He’s adored at Pompey even after the Southampton business. The media still love him despite his ‘dubious’ relationships with agents and rumours about him year after year. He’s been given more money than he’s ever had, built a good mid-table Premiership squad, taken them to a Cup Final, etc, etc yet has left them for a team in freefall 100 miles away from his lovely house and his family. Jeez, Harry what is it exactly you want out of life??? You certainly ain’t going to win anything more with Spurs than you already have done.

No loyalty to anything other than money…

That aside have you seen his daughter in law .. I would!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bangkokaddick[/cite]From what I have read Pompey need every bit of cash they can get so I wouldn't expect much if any of that to be spent on poaching a new manager. They'll be looking at one of the currently out-of-work crowd: Allardyce, Curbishley, Davies, Dowie (only joking!), I would have thought.

Somebody cheap by the sound of it.
  • Options
    Foreign Johnny no doubt !