Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Name of nightclub

Can some kind person put my missus and I out of our misery! We are racking our memories for the name of the nightclub in the 70's based in Swanley? Anyone remember ? Thanks.

Comments

• Hickories?
  • Dock..............oh sorry wrong thread ;-)
  • edited October 2008
    How about this one, from an earlier thread: Deja Vu.
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Hickories?

Correct. Hickories became Deja Vu
  • Ah Hickories, the memories, the fights....
  • Deja Vu, a big incarnation of what was the Avenue in Gillingham later to become Bar Rio.

Even Medders could pull in there
  • Ah Bar Rio, many memories from there, get back from the game, head up the Rugby club for a few cheap ones then cut through the field to Rio's, oh the joys of being 16
  • originally the Bull of Birchwood
  • Hickories ! thanks all.
  • [cite]Posted By: colthe3rd[/cite]Ah Bar Rio, many memories from there, get back from the game, head up the Rugby club for a few cheap ones then cut through the field to Rio's, oh the joys of being 16

I still get dewey eyed thinking about the times I had and venerial diseases I caught up there in my yoof. Wet t-shirt comps, them 2 fat blokes who used to come on the ledge/stage as the blues brothers.

I tell you what, if you didn't pull in there you were not interested in girls!

The route used to be big hand moes for a warm up then the Star then over the fence over the road and under the pass into the Ave