Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Funny unusual surnames, just found this in Burnley programme

edited October 2008 in Not Sports Related
Being the true anorak that i am i was looking at a Burnley match day programme that i bought from an away game febuary 1983.
The clarets review,BURNLEY F.C. MATCH MAGAZINE 35P.
Football league division two saturday 26th febuary 1983 kick off 3.0pm
Page 15 has an advertisment which reads as follows(you couldn't make it up)

TEAM UP WITH THE CLARETS
JOIN THE SUPPORTERS' CLUB
For Details please send a stamped addressed envelope to
TREVOR PICKUP.

Comments

• I'd have no truck with him......:o)
  • edited October 2008
    Two very unusual surnames that I've come accross are....Twelvetrees....and Gotobed.

I also used to deal with a thoroughly charming Japanese client in central London her name was Arzo (she managed a Japanese shop).......well it was pronounced like that though I'm not certain of the spelling...and she actually married an English guy with the surname name Staines...oh dear oh dear!
  • My mums optition is called Mr Eyelet!! lol
  • I used to deal with a yank called Randy Dick
  • I used to know a bloke Called Tony Polkinghorney....Somerset name apparently
  • i had to ring up a mr A Kunt once. thought it was a wind up but it was true, his name was Ali.
  • A woman in the US office of my old company was called Randi Bishop.

The husband of one of my junior school teachers was a bank manager – his name was Mr. Lenderyu

My old dentist was called Mr. Uren. I always thought he was taking the piss.
  • A Swiss client I used to deal with was Cindy Muff.
  • Have just seen "Jock Stirrup" on the news, the poor man!
  • there used to be a Dr Blood who had a practice in Eltham
  • Sponsored links:

• My dentist when I was a kid was Mr Payne, Worked with a German called Krapp
  • I've got a Scottish customer called Mr Goodwilley.

Unfortunately, his first name isn't Ivor ..........
  • Not surnames exactly, but at work, we have policyholders called Hanjob Ali, and Manboob Ali, as well as a Fook Yau.
  • Watching the Ice Hockey on the TV during the week and we laughed at the following
    players surnames

Satan
    Tootoo
    and lastly Bonk
  • we've a client called Roseanne Lipschitz - i promis it is true

one of our trainees briefs - a good looking sort as well has the surname BLOW -
  • This is a true story. A friend of mine invited his assistant and a major client to dinner one Saturday evening. The client's name was unfortunately Mike Hunt. All week, the assistant was worried that she would put her foot in it and would introduce Mike Hunt to her husband by saying "And this Mike Hunt". Come the day, she had steeled herself not to say "Mike Hunt" under any circumstances. Then, it was introductions time. She turned to her husband and carefully said "This is Michael C**t". This swiftly followed by a red face and a screech of "Oh my God!"
  • There's a lady at St Robert McAlphine called Nicky Christmas, sounds like a superhero's alterego.
  • [cite]Posted By: thai malaysia addick[/cite]This is a true story. A friend of mine invited his assistant and a major client to dinner one Saturday evening. The client's name was unfortunately Mike Hunt. All week, the assistant was worried that she would put her foot in it and would introduce Mike Hunt to her husband by saying "And this Mike Hunt". Come the day, she had steeled herself not to say "Mike Hunt" under any circumstances. Then, it was introductions time. She turned to her husband and carefully said "This is Michael C**t". This swiftly followed by a red face and a screech of "Oh my God!"

i''m not having that

lol
  • It's absolutely true. The lady decided that by referring to him as "Michael" she couldn't go wrong! A bad decision, methinks.
  • couple of names from our German office, Gudren Fucker and even better, Fanny Fiddler. I kid you not !!

Used to work for an American bank and one contact I had was Nelly Asseo. We called her Smelly ......
  • Sponsored links:

• There was a lady in an office in China who wanted to anglicise her name - I can't remember her real name, but she decided to go for "Fanny Kok".....I think someone told her as she soon changed to Tanya.
  • Famous line from Monty Python..... "due to confusion caused by the mis-use of his name, West-end actor, Arthur Micheal Penis, would, from now on, like to be referred to by his stage name: Art Penis"
  • edited November 2008
    I've had to deal with a client who said her name was Mrs Vagina except that she pronounced Mrs Va Jeena. Sri Lankan I think. How I kept a straight face as she spelt it out I'll never know...
  • I used to go to school with a Darren Gaywood.

Weirdly, he was one of those kids that never got picked on.
  • [cite]Posted By: thai malaysia addick[/cite]This is a true story. A friend of mine invited his assistant and a major client to dinner one Saturday evening. The client's name was unfortunately Mike Hunt. All week, the assistant was worried that she would put her foot in it and would introduce Mike Hunt to her husband by saying "And this Mike Hunt". Come the day, she had steeled herself not to say "Mike Hunt" under any circumstances. Then, it was introductions time. She turned to her husband and carefully said "This is Michael C**t". This swiftly followed by a red face and a screech of "Oh my God!"

I have friend called Mark Hunt, used to go to school with him. One day one of the female teachers was looking for him and came across to a group of us and said...

'Has anyone seen Mark Hunt'

There was loads of schoolboy giggling before she realised what she said and departed very quickly. This was the same teacher that said, when handed a screw that was found in the school corridor, 'Thank you, I've always wanted a screw'
  • I went to school with a Joe Goodwille.
  • once knew a habib annous.. and a virgina vinter facker when i was in the post room at merryl lynch. these names caused most hilarity.
  • Worked with a lad from Orpington called Wayne King....yes he used to get the urine extraction treatment :-)
  • I know an Elliot Gay and a Tom Goodwillie.
  • Iknow a Stephen Gay, worked with him for years...funny but I dont think of it being odd due to the fact Ive known him 25 years I guess :-)