Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Christmas Drinks

ScoSco
edited November 2006 in General Charlton
In the light of recent "how to recognise fellow lifers at Charton" posts, I was wondering whether anyone on here fancies have a few pints together after the Liverpool match (12:45pm ko)? I found myself at a loose end after the last early kick-off, so maybe it is a good time for everyone? I am probably the worst person to start this as I haven't a clue what any of you look like, except sausage if she happens to be carrying a can of soup!

Comments

• good idea, what date is liverpool ?
  • Saturday 16th December.
  • ive got some relations over for that game and will be having a few in the Joke afterwards.
  • Sounds like a plan.

Suze can bring the mice pies, I'll bring some sausages wrapped in bacon and 1905 can bring the mistletoe
  • 1905 can bring the mulled wine too.....
  • Do any of you guys/girls on here know 3 blokes, aka Jon. I sit with him and so could pop along to the Oak with him. Charlton life geeks we are.
  • i know Jon, say hello from me and telling him i want to see him on here !
  • OK will do!

Sorry AFKA whats your first name, or does he know you as AFKA Bartram!?
  • The mince pies were lovely Suze. Remember to bring them for the next home game, or better still Sheffield!!

Oak after Liverpool sounds like a plan..................
  • Any idea what I should bring along then..... ?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Any idea what I should bring along then..... ?

What about some icing powder for the mince pies?
  • You would have done that with me then aswell! You sing on the VFR record?
  • will stock up on extra mince pies this time if you're all going to be after 'em!
  • Does they mean we have to mince on mass or can we do it separately?
  • The oak will be even more packed!

Good idea, i will be there
  • [cite]Posted By: 04 MCS[/cite]The oak will be even more packed!

Good idea, i will be there

because everyone will be mincing?

thankfully on saturday i seem to remember it didn't get too packed after the game. probably as all the fellas were only allowed to go for the game then had to hop it to bluewater to take their ladies shopping. apart from 1905 and the hat, who strangely had a day pass, but had a curfew be home just after dark for I'm a celebrity.....
  • "hop it to bluewater to take their ladies shopping. apart from 1905 and the hat, who strangely had a day pass, but had a curfew be home just after dark for I'm a celebrity..... "

Suzie advertises a can of soup and then gets all gobby.

I was a bit of a mess when I got home and was then told we were going out to dinner. We had a few beers waiting for a table and then wine. I can just about remember singing a song about Apple Pie when the desert came up, and then had a large brandy and the the rest is a complete blur .
  • singing a song about Apple Pie .............

Go on, put it on Utube. I'd pay m oney to hear that.
  • i was rocking by 6 on saturday after topping up from friday night early doors in the oak. god knows how i managed to get to crayford dogs and come home quids up.

don't like these 12.45 saturday kos.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Les apologies about not coming down oak after game as promised brother of 04_MCS was out for his first game of season so we had to go back to Bugle. We'll both defo come down next game if you are around ?
  • no worries, fella, you wouldn't have got too much sense out of me for long anyway. plus i had everton mates to entertain.

catch up at the liverpool match.
  • i think you entertained everyone les. bet you had interesting conversations saturday night with your dad...!
  • Mangled was ya Les? Good on ya mate.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]i think you entertained everyone les. bet you had interesting conversations saturday night with your dad...!

not quite on a par with my grease lightning performance in the oak a couple of years back but only cos i got out of there by 6. don't think me dad was too impressed.....
  • did it take you 25 mins to put your coat on like it did that night in the oak we first met?
  • hehe, so romantic!
  • What a great idea - can't wait
  • Now I have a dilema. I said I'd see Chirpy Red for a drink at the L'pool game or I could risk the Oak. What to do?
  • sounds like a plan.
    i've only been in the oak twice on match days. both times took an eternity to get served, and we had to stand outside, (both of which i don't fancy).
    being a bugler, it will give me an opportunity to put other usernames to faces.
    if we win though i will have to use it every game. i love my beer and don't think my patience would last if the queueing hasn't changed.