Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

This is not our darkest hour

edited October 2008 in General Charlton
Its a shitbag and we will get the piss taken big time (no change really). Think on to the day we got that shit peice of paper-- the years at Shitouts park--- the gates at The valley being locked--- 3,000 at The valey etc etc etc this isnt like those times.

We have to believe their statement but , i cant help feeling if we had got something out of the last two games they would have had a punt on us.

PS for whats its worth Pardew should go, i dont think he will or we have the cash to.

Comments

• Options
    be gone in november.
  • Options
    spot on gh, problem is many fear the worst is yet to come and this was a opportunity to avoid that.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Nolly i originally said in July he will be gone by 18th November thing is it the money how do we pay him off ?
  • Options
    i think i was in that camp of november as well,heres hoping.
  • Options
    Did the economic forecast get that much worse in the past 2 weeks? We all knew there would be a recession FFS.

Someone said (MCFC possibly) 'Zabeel don't do losing'. After seeing that we have a gang of losers of the pitch led by a deluded loser....I think their dreams of premiership football in the near future evaporated pretty quickly and was too much of a challenge for them to back up their seemingly noble sentiments.

I agree that if we had not had such a disastrous run of games, things might have been different. But now we'll never know.

Anyway, they are clearly spineless, so we are better off without them.

But the question is, what do we do now?
  • Options
    If they based their decision on the last two games then we are better off without them
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]If they based their decision on the last two games then we are better off without them

That's actually a very good point...
  • Options
    Scape goating Pardew or the players will achieve nothing imo.

Clearly something had changed and Zabeel decided they didn't want to go through with the deal. What that was, we may never know but I'm pretty sure that they wouldn't have ditched a £40m deal because we lost to cardiff and bristol city!
  • Options
    Why does not normal employment law apply to Pardew? I understand why the players have restrictive contracts
  • Options
    spot on GH - it's far far far from being our darkest hour.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]spot on GH - it's far far far from being our darkest hour.

We've had some truely grim days in the past. Today hasn't been a good one but we are strong and it will make us stronger.
  • Options
    Pardew = toast ! Charlton will rise again.

Palace away was (and should be) a banker based on class and where we are as a club... playing 5-3-1 for most of the game with ZZ and Todorov on the bench! wtf!

Any crowd with serious money will never do losing - and I hope we don't settle for it...! Zabeel (or any other crowd) could always be looking for mid-table championship (with own ground) looking for kick start - they don't want a really long haul and, as per other threads, we need to sort it out as a club.

The irony was that Pardew at the start gave hope of energy and change but now it's all a bit tired because he hasn't tied key players into a set-up which you and I can identify with... doesn't matter if you are trading players up, down or sideways, he should be coming out of nearly 2 years with a plan!