Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Question for Richard Murray re Pardew

How much will it take to pay him off?

Can we have a whip round to help out?

:-(

Comments

• Options
    I should imagine its the last thing thats gonna happen now.

Although peoples thoughts on the manager vary, I think now is the time OUR club needs OUr support and i really hope people get behind them saturday.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I'm guessing about 700k - 1mil
  • Options
    If CharltonDan sells one of his watches, we'll sorted...;-)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]I should imagine its the last thing thats gonna happen now.

Although peoples thoughts on the manager vary, I think now is the time OUR club needs OUr support and i really hope people get behind them saturday.[/quote]

Agreed. Any chance of us getting rid of Pardew has now gone straight down the kemmit.

We're stuck with him so lets just hope that he can turn it around.
  • Options
    you never know he might resign if he keeps losing and the atmospehere gets nasty
  • Options
    still leaves the question

who will come in and do a better job?

with no money cant see it being anyone half decent
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]still leaves the question

who will come in and do a better job?

with no money cant see it being anyone half decent

I'd rather take a huge gamble on Kins or Browny or Paul Mortimer (doing alright with the ladies) than just continue in the blind hope that clueless Pardew will strike lucky. He's had more than enough chances.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]I'd rather take a huge gamble on Kins or Browny or Paul Mortimer (doing alright with the ladies) than just continue in the blind hope that clueless Pardew will strike lucky. He's had more than enough chances.

erm, Blind hope to blind hope then?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: reserves[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]I'd rather take a huge gamble on Kins or Browny or Paul Mortimer (doing alright with the ladies) than just continue in the blind hope that clueless Pardew will strike lucky. He's had more than enough chances.

erm, Blind hope to blind hope then?

Yes, but at least all three alternatives can actually talk sense, and always showed their passion for the Addicks shirt, so I would have a little more hope than I do with AP.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: reserves[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]I'd rather take a huge gamble on Kins or Browny or Paul Mortimer (doing alright with the ladies) than just continue in the blind hope that clueless Pardew will strike lucky. He's had more than enough chances.[/quote]

erm, Blind hope to blind hope then?[/quote]

Yes, but at least all three alternatives can actually talk sense, and always showed their passion for the Addicks shirt, so I would have a little more hope than I do with AP.[/quote]

Really 3 Guys with no experience, yep that should do it some people!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This will be the Kins who is currently presiding over our Reserves, who are bottom of the league, and have just lost to Aldershot and Gillingham, and Brownie, who was last coaching our U9s.

Popular players with good attitudes the fans admire don't always make good managers.

See Bryan Robson, Terry Butcher, Bobby Moore, Billy Bonds etc
  • Options
    But sometimes they do - see Alan Curbishley, Roy Keane, Paul Ince etc

'To keep doing the same things and to expect different results is the definition of madness'

to paraphrase a certain Albert Einstein.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]still leaves the question

I'd rather take a huge gamble on Kins or Browny or Paul Mortimer (doing alright with the ladies) than just continue in the blind hope that clueless Pardew will strike lucky. He's had more than enough chances.

Words fail me
  • Options
    or Paul Mortimer (doing alright with the ladies)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The dirty ba*ta*d!!!!!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]But sometimes they do - see Alan Curbishley, Roy Keane, Paul Ince etc

'To keep doing the same things and to expect different results is the definition of madness'

to paraphrase a certain Albert Einstein.[/quote]

Don't think even Einstein could decipher Pardews drivel
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Appointing Kins would be more likely to end up as another Les Reed scenario, than be postive for Kins or us.
    If we were doing well and Pards was poached then Parky would probably be a great appointment, but if the manager is sacked because we are doing badly then I believe you'd need to get someone in from outside who can be more formal with the players and bring along fresh ideas, fresh impetus and fresh milk.

Having said all that, at the moment I believe we should all show our support for the current manager (whether we like him or not) and his players.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]How much will it take to pay him off?

How much will it take to shut you up and get you behind the team you claim to support?
  • Options

wouldn't have thought that was uppermost in Mr Murray's mind at the moment would you Weegie. I mean, he's got to work on my statement first !!
  • Options
    So, how much is my 1 share worth now ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU16[/cite]

How much will it take to shut you up and get you behind the team you claim to support?

Here Here!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]I'm guessing about 700k - 1mil

I heard from someone very much in the know that he's on £1m a year

So he's going nowhere

And yes - the powers that be at Charlton are not too happy with his selection policy right now
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]And yes - the powers that be at Charlton are not too happy with his selection policy right now
    or rather lack thereof