Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Zabeel -bad news it seems

Daily Mail reports:
"Zabeel...are understood to have withdrawn thir £20m offer to buy...Charlton..."

Comments

• Options
    Ohh! that dosent sound good...
  • Options
    just wait folks we have been seeing shit like this for the past 2 weeks
  • Options
    think i'd rather have Mike Ashely...

;)
  • Options
    Can't see anything on their web page. How would they know anyway?
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    The author of this article is Charlie Sale. It's right at the bottom of his column and warrants about eight lines. It says they may turn their attention to Everton with West Ham and Fulham (That's a new one) a possibility.

c.sale@dailymail.co.uk
  • Options
    Ignore it...more BS from a lazy jurno.
  • Options
    Nothing on their website, how can we go from the KM story where Mr Hudd has obviously been given a morsel of info. Such as talks going well and soon to be completed etc to this over night. You can believe one or the other not both, unless Zabeel's representatives got food poisoning.
  • Options
    Sure it was £50m not £20??

Ignore all the paper talk please wait and see what the club says
  • Options
    Really, if they've withdrawn, where is the announcement to the Stock Exchange or the Takeovers Commission?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Really, if they've withdrawn, where is the announcement to the Stock Exchange or the Takeovers Commission?

Exactly, there would be an announcement this morning to the stock exchange. I think we have to wait a little longer (a few days hopefully) then all this utter crap will end and Mr Murray will have sold his shares, meaning the takeover is all but over
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    do they have to do that, no formal offer has been made so far.
  • Options
    Surely we would have to inform the stock exchange because it affects our share price.
  • Options
    i 've had enough
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Really, if they've withdrawn, where is the announcement to the Stock Exchange or the Takeovers Commission?

I don't doubt for one second that the outcome will be leaked out ahead of an official announcement, however i'm not sure how much weight i attach to this one.

Whether its natural Charlton pessimism or not, my gut instinct from about 3 days after the due dillegence announcement has been that this was going to fall through. Certain things simply don't stack up in my mind.
  • Options
    AARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing is final UNTIL and only UNTIL it's confirmed by Zabeel and/or Charlton to the Stock Exchange and the Takeovers Commision.

END OF. PLEASE!

*gets off soap box*
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]

I don't doubt for one second that the outcome will be leaked out ahead of an official announcement, however i'm not sure how much weight i attach to this one.

Whether its natural Charlton pessimism or not, my gut instinct from about 3 days after the due dillegence announcement has been that this was going to fall through. Certain things simply don't stack up in my mind.

Even if you are right then it will help us a bit as we will still get some renumeration for the process, which will help with the debt. I can understand your pessimism as things like this do not happen to clubs like us, yet I am a man of faith and believe that the wait will be worth it.
  • Options
    mirror are saying we are buying mullins with some of cash,it's all a load of crap.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PeanutsMolloy[/cite]Daily Mail reports:
    "Zabeel...are understood to have withdrawn thir £20m offer to buy...Charlton..."

At last.Some good news.

I know people with money and they're not happy.
  • Options
    I would be happy with that kind of money, well until it ran out then i would be miserable again
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Really, if they've withdrawn, where is the announcement to the Stock Exchange or the Takeovers Commission?[/quote]

Would they need to as it was never a formal offer?

On CAFCBabes a member who's apparently ITK and usually gets about 90% right is saying it's off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would seem that there are as many speculators in the media as there are in the financial sector !
  • Options
    it all seems too good to be tru so why some of you getting hysterical before it is acutally done and dusted is beyond me. We are charlton with arab investors or not - if they don't want us **** em we don't want them.

Get over it.
  • Options
    Maybe the truth lies in the figures - suddenly they have offered £20M instead of £30M (plus taking on c £20M debt) and we have told them where to go? I could imagine Murray finding something like that totally unacceptable.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]it all seems too good to be tru so why some of you getting hysterical before it is acutally done and dusted is beyond me. We are charlton with arab investors or not - if they don't want us **** em we don't want them.

Get over it.

because mate we are financially fecked
  • Options
    You know what all the speculation is starting to really REALLY piss me off!

Why would Zabeel invest in clubs that are going to cost them three or four times more? I know they are rich but buying a championship club and taking them up before selling on would be far more glamorous.
  • Options
    Guy at footy told me last night its happening. I said no mate not seen anything. He said nope they had the meeting yesterday and they had offered £40Million. If he is wrong he is paying for the match next week! Fingers crossed!
  • Options
    bloke down the pub's 10 year old nephew says its definitely happening, he knows a cleaner at the club
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: robroy[/cite]Guy at footy told me last night its happening. I said no mate not seen anything. He said nope they had the meeting yesterday and they had offered £40Million. If he is wrong he is paying for the match next week! Fingers crossed!

So again, according to that they have knocked £10M off the previously quoted figure (£50M). Feels to me like we are in a negotiating phase...so let's just hold tight for now.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Maybe the truth lies in the figures - suddenly they have offered £20M instead of £30M (plus taking on c £20M debt) and we have told them where to go? I could imagine Murray finding something like that totally unacceptable.

weegie...if these guys have the sort of financial clout we are talking about then I don't think the odd few mill is going to make that much difference...it's about the fee for a top Prem player in this day and age....not a deciding factor 'if' they really want to do business with us.
  • Options
    Several media outlets said that the meeting took place at solicitors offices yesterday (the same solicitors that sponsored the Bristol City game) and the deal will be confirmed today or Friday. That Jiminez bloke comes in as CEO, and - get ready to cry - Dennis Wise comes in as Director of Football.