Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Burnley and beyond?

edited October 2008 in General Charlton
Perhaps we have been left with a decimated squad of average under performers? Or is it just selection? Perhaps Pards just can't motivate a team enough to turn around a slide of confidence, who knows. So what is the answer? Here's my humble opinion on matters as a 'fully qualified armchair manager'..

I think he has some problems, no decent established full backs for starters, then who to play where in the midfield, lots of players underperforming. Not forgetting we were outplayed where it mattered by a better more organised club who play as a team.

Defence: Drop Youga, for Basey or even Semedo, and play Moo2 on the right again which should balance the fullbacks out.

Midfield: The only player putting in a proper shift at the moment for me is Bailey so he's a must,

Ambrose despite some ambitious shots against City still flatters to deceive and I wouldn't play 451 one at home which is the only position he seems remotely comfortable in, although a might be worth a gamble playing him in then centre in a 442.

Sam is clueless a lot of the time.

Holland, I am split on perhaps he sits back too much for this level and plays within his age/ability who knows, but we do seem to be lacking pace and urgency going forward. If you have to play Ambrose drop Holland with Bailey deep. With Holland get Bailey to sit further up.

Bouazza seems to work hard for the first period then goes off the boil, he is also too selfish, play him but threaten him with half time replacement unless he gives some decent service

Attack: Varneys work rate is magnificent although end product is missing, however he is the best winger at the club by a long way. Gray has to be there to balance the attack and hold things up, he's the only player with the height to match any of the big centre halves in this division. Dickson deserves a start, his pace will be a real asset, I can't really see where Toddy would fit to be honest. McLeod perhaps on the bench, to take over when Dicko tires?

Shooting: The whole squad need to get into the box more before they shoot, much more likely to score. We had a good number of shots on target against Bristol but not many were seriously going to test the keeper, give em a few quid for every challenging shot on target shot and or connecting cross?

;)

After the match: In the post match tell us why you played who where and why you made your subs and how you thought it went but spare us the rest of the old bullshit.

Moo2 Hud Primus Basey/Semedo
Varney Bailey Holland/Ambrose Bouazza
Dickson Gray

:)

Comments

• Options
    Can't argue with that team at all.

I'm convinced that if Dickson had been on the pitch for the first 20mins last night, with the chances we were creating, he would have put a few away.

Also agree that Varney should be given a run on the wing, with license to roam inside.
  • Options
    Would agree with most of that team but would have Varney on the left and drop Bouazza. Sam/Ambrose on the right.
  • Options
    I noticed they started with the flankers on the opposite wings to their natural positions on Tuesday, for me I would always want a left and right footed player if possible. Another area we are lacking is corners, Shelvey seems to be the only player we have who can put a decent ball in, shame we can't convert him to be a wide player?
  • Options
    Maybe stick Holland on the right would give Moo2 the freedom to charge forward?

Moo2 Hud Primus Basey
    Holland Bailey Ambrose Varney
    Dickson Gray

With Bouazza on bech if we are allowed....
  • Options
    ye gods no, the slowest player in the squad out wide, please no..
  • Options
    Always a good idea to have a goalie too. Weaver's not done that much wrong, has he? ;-)
  • Options
    If Pardew keeps insisting on playign Cranie why not try Moots at right wing?

Would like to see a Semedo/Bailey partnership in the middle. Last night Bailey was sitting deep, which I don't think is where he can influence things. Semedo and Bailey will both work hard, both get their foot in and won't wimp out of 50/50 ball. When Racon is back a midfield 3 of Semedo/Racon/Bailey could be a good option to have.