Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Just out of interest...

...has anyone out there a clue as to the last time we were in such a lowly position in the League? Been trying to think of a time within the last 15-20 years myself but think it might go back further than that.

Comments

• Options
    In 1979/80 season charlton finished bottom of the old division 2 with 22pts. Promoted back up again the following season. For the next four seasons we were no more than mid table. In 84/85 we finished 17th.
  • Options
    oct 20th 1990
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]oct 20th 1990

Actually that's cheered me up a bit. Maybe things could be worse...although not much.

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/division-two-old/1990-1991/table/1990-10-22
  • Options
    We had a stinking start to the 96-97 season under Curbs, roughly in the same position we are in today.
    Things did get better though ...... we finished 15th.

The next season, we bought Super Clive and indeed, things did get better, much better.
    So where there is Charlton ....... there is always hope!

;o)
  • Options
    Only difference is that we didn't have the infrastructure we have now.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: smokin ice[/cite]Only difference is that we didn't have the infrastructure we have now.

Or the expectation levels
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: smokin ice[/cite]In 1979/80 season charlton finished bottom of the old division 2 with 22pts. Promoted back up again the following season. For the next four seasons we were no more than mid table. In 84/85 we finished 17th.[/quote]

Remember that season well and and Ginge were 100% allowed to go week in week out alone.

We beat Cardiff 3-2 remember seeing my first fights at football and a garden fence falling down the house on teh corner of Flloyd Road and Harvey Gardens.

One difference from then to now

Passion, Effort, players tried 100% every game did not give up