Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Curbishley to return?

I'm amazed that in a dozen or so threads about Pardew's current position, no-one has - as far as I can see - mentioned the C-word. I only say this as a mate bet me twenty quid yesterday that Curbishley would be back as Charlton manager by New Year's Day. He made this bet when he was sober, and prior to last night's game. He's been right about things in the past, and is clearly ready to put his money where his mouth is, but I really can't see it myself. Can YOU see Curbs returning? Would you want him to?

(Personally, I'd favour Paolo Di Canio, but we'd need someone with their coaching badges to work alongside him, and I'm not sure how well a self-confessed fascist would get on with Arabic owners!)

Comments

• Options
    oh no - here we go again!
  • Options
    No chance. We don't want him and he doesn't want us. When will people understand it was never a love affair like Keegan/Newcastle or Big Lawrie at Soton etc.
    He did a professional job albeit for longer than most these days. He has no personal feelings for any club apart from WHU.
    It would be a backward step for the club and more importantly for him. He deserves a crack at a bigger club, he has earned that right.
  • Options
    Nope. Dont think he would want to come back anyway. Due to every fan getting on his back when he was here last according to his bro.
  • Options
    Agree Chirpy.

Anyway, Mr Curbishley wouldn't want to run the risk of fecking up his Charlton legendary status.
    He'd lose his chance of having a stand named after him.
  • Options
    It has been mentioned on other threads - If Murray is to remain chairman/on board and we are bought out - then I would have thought that Curbs pines for the control he had at Charlton and this time with more money he may do even better??? He needed a break when he left that much was obvious and he has had a crack at his 'dream' job. Realistically he is not going to get another go there, so we are down to #2's CAFC must be in that position shurely. He is not going to get a top premiership club where he has the control he craves.

Howard Kendall??
  • Options
    Never go back!!!!
  • Options
    aye but its a different ball game, westham with money was to keep them up by buying premiership big guys, instead the money will or should go on the cream of the champs something which curbs might relish, I'd be quite surprised if it happened though. Personally I wouldn't complain though, I think he's a considerably better manager than Pards, but that isn't necessarily saying much.
  • Options
    Alan Pardew is the manager and although I am starting to lose the faith ( just a bit mind) I will support AP till he is not there.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Alan Pardew is the manager and although I am starting to lose the faith ( just a bit mind) I will support AP till he is not there.

I agree. Despite my doubts I rather support him until the powers to be or he deems otherwise.

As for Curbs, well if there were to be a vacancy, I'd have him back like a shot, love affair or no love affair, but I don't think he'll want to come - not at this stage in his career unless of course the money available to build the team was huge and made the prospects for a quick return to the Prem irresitable to him.
  • Options
    I support Pardew but he will eventually go. I do not think he has got the answers. I would love to be proved wrong. We have gone backwards over the last year. Billy Davies or Big Sam is who I would go after.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Someone on here said recently, that a pro player told him Billy Davies had a poor reputation as a manager in Scotland.

Just repeating idle gossip, you understand.
  • Options
    No to Curbs, Davies, Di Canio, Allardyce, Keegan, Hoddle, Venables, Gullit, Kendall, Reid, Graham, Daglish,

I think its time to wipe the slate clean, fresh start, someone completely new
  • Options
    I said last night when the crowd were saying bring back curbs! If he comes back I wont go, he really wound me up on the TV when we were going down and then at Westham!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Someone on here said recently, that a pro player told him Billy Davies had a poor reputation as a manager in Scotland.

Just repeating idle gossip, you understand.

Come on mate, thats what we all thrive on....:o)
  • Options
    For me, it's not a question of bringing back Curbishley but bringing back some of his cautious approach to not losing.
  • Options
    Can't the South Stand be named the Curbishley Stand?......;-