Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

You've got to hand it to the Matchday Programme.....

edited October 2008 in General Charlton
They run a competition you see. A predictions competition as it goes.

Basically, it has this idea where you predict the results from three games. You get 1 point for a correct result, and 3 points for an exact scoreline.

Absolute genius !

I've had a sneak preview of the Burnley prog, page 22 is ten things you never knew about Burnley, page 27 is sunday's headlines today, and page 32 has a big picture of Victoria Wood under the heading 'would ya?'

:-)

Ps. the fan featured from Sidcup in yesterday's scored an encouraging 3 points, which is better than he normally does on here... !

Comments

• Options
    I've not been looking at the programme this season. Bought them all, glanced at them at half time then left them alone. Only buying it out of habit, can't face reading them when I get home.
  • Options
    When we win, I read the programme cover to cover after the match, but when we lose, I can't face picking it up again. Sad, or what?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]They run a competition you see. A predictions competition as it goes.

Basically, it has this idea where you predict the results from three games. You get 1 point for a correct result, and 3 points for an exact scoreline.

Absolute genius !

I've had a sneak preview of the Burnley prog, page 22 is ten things you never knew about Burnley, page 27 is sunday's headlines today, and page 32 has a big picture of Victoria Wood under the heading 'would ya?'

:-)

Ps. the fan featured from Sidcup in yesterday's scored an encouraging 3 points, which is better than he normally does on here... !

That competition has been in there for at least three seasons keep up!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]When we win, I read the programme cover to cover after the match, but when we lose, I can't face picking it up again. Sad, or what?

You've not read a lot of programmes this year then Weedg.

I loved the Zabeel latest splash on the cover on Tuesday with absolutely nothing in it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]When we win, I read the programme cover to cover after the match, but when we lose, I can't face picking it up again. Sad, or what?

You've not read a lot of programmes this year then Weedg.

I loved the Zabeel latest splash on the cover on Tuesday with absolutely nothing in it.

No, I haven't, Morts. Not that many for the past couple of seasons, either. Let's hope I have areason to read Saturday's...

I imagine Tuesday's Zabeel one could become a collectors' item now...
  • Options
    Especially as Colin Cameron had "Dubai Investment" as the third most exciting thing to happen to Charlton ever!