Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Correct me if I'm wrong

edited October 2008 in General Charlton
but is'nt the Valley and the training ground "Green Belt"so cannot be sold for housing etc.
If so I'm presuming any land value to Zabeel would be worthless(for housing etc).

Incidently I heard last night that the takeover is almost a certainty(from a decent source,no names just in case)unless something goes seriously tits up.

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2008
    Not sure about green belt, but i think i'm right that there are certain protections on the land at both, ie have to be used for sporting use etc.

However, like everything else nowadays, i'm sure with a council onside there are ways these covenants can be got around if it was to the benefit of all interested parties.
  • Options
    I did see 3 camels tied up in the west stand car park if that means owt.
  • Options
    Was there a star over the covered end too?
  • Options
    They wont be happy about the xmas tree in the club shop then
  • Options
    i did see a fat bloke in the east stand reading the daily star if that helps, oh and there were 11 donkeys on the pitch last nigt too.
  • Options
    As far as I know you could probably build housing at the valley, but definitely not at the training ground
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedRay[/cite]

Incidently I heard last night that the takeover is almost a certainty(from a decent source,no names just in case)unless something goes seriously tits up.

Like finding out that the Valley and training ground are greenbelt and cannot be built on?

Nice one Ray!
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: RedRay[/cite]

Like finding out that the Valley and training ground are greenbelt and cannot be built on?

Nice one Ray!
  • Options
    Carly burn,you should read my op again re green belt before trying to be sarcastic.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: randy andy[/cite]As far as I know you could probably build housing at the valley, but definitely not at the training ground
    I wouldn't be too sure about that....my understanding is that the covenants in the deeds for the Valley preclude the building of housing on the site - hence the problems with building the small block of flats in the South East corner as part of the South Stand redevelopment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would doubt its in the deeds, more likely the planning permission so up to the council
  • Options
    If it was acceptable to the council then I feel sure any types of restriction could be changed. Certainly could not see local Valley objecting to housing rather than a 40.000 stadium on their doorstep. Probably all a mute point.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedRay[/cite]Carly burn,you should read my op again re green belt before trying to be sarcastic.

It was a joke mate, pretty funny as well.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]I would doubt its in the deeds, more likely the planning permission so up to the council
    I can't quite remember where it was, but I'm sure I read it (the fact, not the deeds) in the last couple of weeks.

Agreed though, I'm sure it can be changed if the Council say so.
  • Options
    When were exiled to Shitfield, I'm sure the land was designated 'Recreational' by LB of Greenwich, which thwarted (great word that ...!) Sunleys from building houses on The Valley.

There's 'probably' (meaning I don't really know...!) a Covenant on the deeds of the ground expressly forbidding residential development also.

Covenants can be overturned but often results in a court hearing to do so - and can just as easily be refused.