Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pards doesn't help himself

edited October 2008 in General Charlton
I want him to succeed but when he comes out with rubbish like we are missing ZZ, he's a big name player, no coincidence we have lost two since he's been injured etc etc. I mean we beat Reading and Swansea without him and he was here all last season and we did diddlysquat. Yes he's a good player but we can't lay all our problems at that particular door.

And now Pards is talking about maybe another couple of loanees before Saturday. Didn't he learn last season. The man is really getting to me now. You're to blame you numpty. And to say he's realising that some of them are lacking consistancy in their performances. Wow, well spotted mate but much of that is due to you anyway.

Comments

• Options
    Totally agree Large.

Now we know why NSS AND OooAah get so animated about him.

What was the other one he has spun out the last few games about there are players chanping at the bit to get in and if these players don't do it blah blah blah - don't say it do it - drop em FFS and give some youngster a chance. We'll never know if they are any good if we don't give them the chance.
  • Options
    I don't think there's anything wrong with trying to get a couple of loanees in. Loans can do a great job, its just that the last few we've had, people haven't been impressed with their impact. To me Basey has to play Saturday but i dont think others outside the squad have that much to moan about with the possible exceptions of Shelvey and lesser so Dickson.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]to me Basey has to play Saturday
    it's more that Youga mustn't!
  • Options
    the sooner he drops holland the better we will be.
  • Options
    I agree with that TK but you have to replace him with someone, Racon and Zheng should be there but unluckily for us they're out long term. Semedo could do it, but probably too defensive. Maybe we'll get someone on loan in a day or two?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite] Maybe we'll get someone on loan in a day or two?

Ben Watson would be nice.
  • Options
    Getting a good coach on loan would do the trick ;-)
  • Options
    I agree with LA. As soon as I read the OS, I just thought here we go again. ZZ, more loanees.

Just need a manager that knows what they are doing
  • Options
    some decent loans could work though. the guy who actually did his job - Leroy Lita is banging them in for Norwich. why didnt we look at bringing him back. Him and Dickson up front would look exciting. Mcload may as well go out on loan to get games under his belt. Stick Varney on the wing from the start. Toddy will only play here and there and i dont really know what to think of Andy Gray
  • Options
    Get Steve Brown in to work with the defence and get some more spirit in the camp, send Craine back to pompey, extend Linvoys loan to May, tell Bouazza to get his finger out of his jacksey and learn to cross, his corner last night were abysmol.. Maybe try for a hammer or 2 on loan, Gabidon or Collins defensively would be good, make bailey Captain and give him the midfield general role, ambrose alongside him as the attacking option, Varney on the right Bouaza on the left Dickson and Gray up front. SORTED.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    so limited is pards tactical nous that chasing the game he takes grey off, lo and behold every ball we lump up there comes straight back again cos we have no one in the air against a huge team like BC, just another example. Go now please.. Kins can be caretaker for a bit or even parky.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]I don't think there's anything wrong with trying to get a couple of loanees in. Loans can do a great job, its just that the last few we've had, people haven't been impressed with their impact. To me Basey has to play Saturday but i dont think others outside the squad have that much to moan about with the possible exceptions of Shelvey and lesser so Dickson.

one of Pards loans has been outstanding for us and that was Sodje. The rest two bob at best.

[cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]Maybe we'll get someone on loan in a day or two?

Be sensible
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Ledge : Be sensible

I had my tongue largely in cheek when i said this but if the move does go through, why cant we go for a player like him? We need decent CCC players and he definitely falls in that bracket. I know some will accuse me of being overly optimistic but i cant believe some of the unbelieveable pessimistic posts of late. Things aren't great of late and we're a couple of points off the drop zone but we're also only 6 points off of fourth place. Good times are around the bend i tell thee!
  • Options

Ledge : Be sensible

I had my tongue largely in cheek when i said this but if the move does go through, why cant we go for a player like him? We need decent CCC players and he definitely falls in that bracket. I know some will accuse me of being overly optimistic but i cant believe some of the unbelieveable pessimistic posts of late. Things aren't great of late and we're a couple of points off the drop zone but we're also only 6 points off of fourth place. Good times are around the bend i tell thee!

from recent displays methinks it's you who is round the bend !!
  • Options
    I am just a simple fan who hopes for the best. I really don`t know if its best to get rid of Pardew now or not. All I know is I fear relegation and this season all I am hoping for is that we can pull it round enough to stay up. Seems like we don`t have the money to sack Pardew and the suggestions of Big Sam or other tried managers would appear to be out for the same reason. We all need a lift so badly, lets hope the boys can get i result on saturday and that the takeover does happen.

Common you reds
  • Options
    We dont have the money to afford to be relegated either and last nights performance had relegation written all over it
  • Options
    If pardew was on a proper contract and was properly managed by the board he could be sacked after following the club's staff performance policy without him getting a penny. If they started the procedure off he would just walk.

when he arrived and he met the fans in maidstone with murray i was amazed at how unintelligent he was.. and feared from then that he would not have enough up top to sort us out.
  • Options
    I m not against loan players in emergencies, like primus,but surely if you are going to run a squad as big as ours,you should give some of the others a go before you decide they're not good enough and bring in outsiders. How about trying those players that are supposed to be desperate to play. We're losing games anyway,how can they do worse than that.
  • Options
    yeah,but at least it's exciting.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Loanees are the biggest flaw of the current set up. With the exception of Heaney and Costa I cannot think of there real purpose in charlton's history.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: KenTred[/cite]If pardew was on a proper contract and was properly managed by the board he could be sacked after following the club's staff performance policy without him getting a penny. If they started the procedure off he would just walk.

when he arrived and he met the fans in maidstone with murray i was amazed at how unintelligent he was.. and feared from then that he would not have enough up top to sort us out.[/quote]

When I was there I thought he came across pretty well, not super intelligent but not thick.

That said from the flannel he can come out with after some real crap I've seen served up makes me wonder!
  • Options
    The people who think consistency is just around the corner are dreaming. It is not just this season that has been bad, our form since Dec 07 has been diabolical. Bottom six form at best I would think.