Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who was Pardew talking about?

edited October 2008 in General Charlton
"In periods of games we've done very well, like we did at the start of the game tonight. Unfortunately that's not enough to win games and I'm beginning to wonder if a good consistency and level of performance is ever going to come from some of the members of the side.

"I think there is going to have to be one or two fresh faces on Saturday, whether that's from inside or outside the squad. I certainly need to get a result for the club.”

He continued: "I need a couple of faces. It could come from within the squad; we've got Izale McLeod coming back, while Josh Wright has done well on loan at Brentford and he's now back. So maybe it's time to throw a couple of fresh faces in and see if it gives us a lift.”

Ambrose, Bouazza, Youga?

Gray?

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2008
    Sorry if I don't believe this but it's the same old bollox he always comes out with.

I'm not expecting anything other than Hudson in for Moot2 on saturday.

Hopefully I'll be proved wrong.
  • Options
    which game were these quotes after ??
  • Options
    last night
  • Options
    Last night on the OS.

And I agree about the bit about Moots getting dropped. Don't want it to happen, but it will. Which hardly gives the bloke confidence when he does play.
  • Options
    He also suggested on the OS that he's going to talk to the board about getting in another loanee to cover for the loss of ZiZi's "quality". On the grounds, I presume, that when the board says 'no' that will give him someone else to blame ...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]He also suggested on the OS that he's going to talk to the board about getting in another loanee to cover for the loss of ZiZi's "quality". On the grounds, I presume, that when the board says 'no' that will give him someone else to blame ...

Might give him an excuse to throw toys out of pram and walk out? But maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part...
  • Options
    On last nights performance the only players who would be in the first team on last nights performance were, Weaver, Primus, Dickson when he came on and ...um ..err...., I know we aren't flushed with world class players at the moment but a little bit of passion, desire and pride in the shirt should be expected as standard ffs!
    Tom Watt however would put it another way "Things aren't going right down in SE7 just at the minute, but the fans- having spent the necessary conkers would feel it only right at the minute to be getting a bit of the passion from the team they are all calling yer good old Charlton Athletic but it all goes hand in hand with what is to be expected from that big old league they call The Championship (at the minute)" Men in white coats appear to take Pilchard away........
  • Options
    Racon and ZZ are two big misses, no doubt of that - if we can get in somebody to stop us relying on Matt Holland then maybe that could be the boost we so need.
  • Options
    Shouldn't be Ambrose, Pardew played him in his best position last night just off the striker and he did well.

Which makes his substitution even more baffling.
  • Options
    I thought Ambrose and Gray both did well, so surprised to see them taken off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought both Grey and Ambrose was superb in the first 20 minutes when the ball was being zipped around short to feet. As soon as the goal went in players looked at hitting the channels, asking Grey to chase diagonal balls is absolutely pointless and doesn't play to either Ambrose or Greys strengths...A 12 year old kid infront of me yelled "stop this long ball rubbish keep it short" if it's obvious to him why can't professionals see it?

Not sure i'd want JonJo or Wright tarnished by playing in such a side so woefully short of confidence, but do we have any other options?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T[/cite]I thought both Grey and Ambrose was superb in the first 20 minutes when the ball was being zipped around short to feet. As soon as the goal went in players looked at hitting the channels, asking Grey to chase diagonal balls isabsolutelypointless and doesn't play to either Ambrose or Greys strengths...

Surely, this is an important point ........ play the game in the way suited to the abilities and strength of individual players.
    It's not rocket science.