Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

the Audacity of Hope

edited October 2008 in General Charlton
That this might be the darkest hour before the dawn

That the takeover reignites the fans belief in the club

That Alan Pardew can still turn this round

That people come to the Valley expecting the best, not fearing the worst

That the first 25 minutes tonight can be replicated over 90 minutes

That an individual player isn't picked out for booing when they have a poor game

That the strikers fire, the midfield creates, and the defenders put their bodies on the line.

That everyone involved at Charlton pulls together, fans, players, directors, and staff to get us through this spiral.

That we leave the Valley smiling on Saturday at 4.50

Comments

• Options
    Here's hoping fella but cant see many of them coming true!
  • Options
    I'm hopeful all the above will happen and i expect so are many others as otherwise whats the point in going at all.
  • Options
    I agree Mart but it doesn't fill you with much optomism,does it?
  • Options
    You've got to have some hope haven't you?
  • Options
    well, if you can turn poet, anything can happen...
  • Options
    Its the hope that kills you
  • Options
    even rothko is waning now.We are in trouble
  • Options
    Oh, come on, Rothko. That really is expecting too much. It's been absolutely years since...

a sat 3pm kick off finished at 4.50. It's always much closer to 5pm ;-)

Otherwise agree with all you say...if only!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]even rothko is waning now.We are in trouble

You ruined my night!
  • Options
    Rothko, what are you on, and where can I get some?

Preferably in large enough quantities to dose up the people sitting around me too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tis better to be an audacious hoper than a no hoper in my mind.

Bring on saturday
  • Options
    Cause, to nick something else from the next President of the United States, I'll far rather be a 'Yes We Can' type person, to a 'No we can't grumble grumble' type.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Cause, to nick something else from the next President of the United States, I'll far rather be a 'Yes We Can' type person, to a 'No we can't grumble grumble' type.

Now that's optimism!
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    hehe, and it ain't John McCain
  • Options
    Yes we can. I'm with Rothko.
  • Options
    I wish it were true but sadly I think this is more likely:

That this might be the only part of the way down a slippery slope

That the takeover goes tits up

That Alan Pardew continues to talk loonycrap for several more seasons

That people come to the Valley to drink flat beer and swear at players

That the first 25 minutes tonight will never be repeated

That an individual player is roundly castigated the moment they lose the ball

That the strikers air kick, the midfield cacks itself, and the defenders run away screaming like girlies.

That everyone involved at Charlton gives up and goes home, fans, players, directors, and staff and all unite in a shared despondency in some backstreet drinking den.

That we leave the Valley swearing on Saturday at 4.37 to get home in time for strictly come dancing
  • Options
    dont worry, I will be back Saturday for only my third game of the season, the other two being Reading and Ipswich, I dont know why you are all moaning, from what I have seen we have played well and are certs for automatic promotion.

How have we been getting on in the other games anyway?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]dont worry, I will be back Saturday for only my third game of the season, the other two being Reading and Ipswich, I dont know why you are all moaning, from what I have seen we have played well and are certs for automatic promotion.

How have we been getting on in the other games anyway?[/quote]

Steve, sounds like you should go every week.