Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Operation Blades

Common everyone here's your chance to witness a first away victory for more than a full season. this has got to be a winable game if ever we needed one. get yourself up to the lane on saturday in numbers and lets cheer the lads on to victory. there are loads of pubs and restuarants local if you want to eat after the game. not too sure about the pubs after the game if we win come to think of it, but there are loads of places to eat on London Road (100 yrds). come on it's only 1/2 mile from the train or coach station. cant be too much trouble. we'll be into December and may just get some early Christmas cheer.

Comments

• Options
    Not sure how we're doing selling tickets for Bramhall Lane, but if ever the club needed our support it's now. Personally I'll be drinking in West Street, the other end of The Moor shopping area. Plenty of bars there. London Road has a bit of a reputation. It may be OK before the game, but if we win it could be a different matter. But the main thing is to get a good vocal support. The players are fine, they just need motivating. Here's to three points!
  • Options
    I'm quite simply skint. No aways now till the new year for me.

I'm hoping a pub i know manages to get it on Al-Jazera or something.
  • Options
    Agree on the money thing, laid out over 60 shots for Sheff Utd and Spuds away.

Going more in hope than expectation. Sheff Utd is a game we would have won over the last few years but I just cant see it on Saturday. Expect us to get bullied off the park rather than played off the park in the last away game. Will be 10 times the atmosphere of the away end at Reading though even if we only take 6-700.

Will be at every away game till Arsenal and then that's it for me for the season.
  • Options
    First away game of the New Year we stayed in Derbyshire and watched us win at Hillsborough. Off up to Derbyshire on Friday and expect a similar result at Bramall Lane.

I expect to be very well lubricated come kick off and will be making plenty of noise. The lads REALLY need us on Saturday.
  • Options
    I hope to go with my better half.

But if anyone else calls it operation anything, I'm staying at home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    We're there too. may go up friday night now instead of sat morning too... make a reet weekend of it.

going to spurs away and then thats it for me until jan when i see who we have in the cup(s)!! boro away on the 23rd? could be a very small turnout!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]I'm quite simply skint. No aways now till the new year for me.

I'm hoping a pub i know manages to get it on Al-Jazera or something.

same here.

gutted to be missing it, as loved sheffield last january for the cup game, but i've pulled myself along to newcastle, fulham, reading, and i'm sure others that i've tried to erase from memory, oh geez, chesterfield, so i think i've helped them as much as i can for the time being. i'm now saving my money so i can afford to eat, and i'll be at arsenal! (and wycombe)
  • Options
    I shall be there with a mate of mine from Leeds who supports us when we play oop north. So if you hear a broad Yorkshire accent amongst the ranks please don't give him a hard time.
  • Options
    A great hotel just off The London Rd called the Nether Edge top bar!To be honest that's what i love about away games up North!The fact that you don't have to rush back to London for last orders.
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Would like to be there to see the pigs get thrashed but have commitments in Cambridge. I live about 20 minutes away on foot from t'Lane. If we do win, then one can always go here: http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk