Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

One plus from tonight

edited October 2008 in General Charlton
I opened up the programme and saw my picture in it. Made me smile anyway.

Then the game started.

Comments

• Options
    I thought Cranie did well at centre half. That'stwo.......
  • Options
    another plus is that a £5 treble on watford, forest and swansea all ending in draws netted me £174.
  • Options
    Weaver's saves...
  • Options
    For 25 minutes we played some blinding football and although you knew they were going to score because we hadn't I was thoroughly entertained.
  • Options
    From watching the goals on SSN Cranie could have stopped both goals.

However I wasn't there so I don't know.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    what page off-it ?
  • Options
    I was home by 11
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]For 25 minutes we played some blinding football and although you knew they were going to score because we hadn't I was thoroughly entertained.
    It was great stuff, which shows that the thin line between success and failure can be all in the mind
  • Options
    The new pies are quite nice too.
  • Options
    I was home by 9.40
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I had a wimpey burger and a chinese curry
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: millaphile[/cite]The new pies are quite nice too.
    You think?

The steak one i ordered tasted suspiciously like chicken curry when i got to my seat.
  • Options
    Plus points...

The other seats in our entire row, which a few years ago seemed to be full of away fans, seem now to be exclusively for the use of me and my girlfriend.

The blokes behind me who always sound exactly like Stadtler and Waldorf off the Muppet Show have stopped turning up after 8 years.

North Stand were in fine voice.

Thougth my car had been stolen from Tallis Grove. Eventually found I'd actually parked in Highcombe. That was a definite plus.

Idiot Charlton fan who tried to offer a ruck to a bunch of BCFC at the top of FLoyd Road directly in front of the old Bill got properly put in his place.

Lloyd Sam didn't play the whole game.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JVL[/cite]Plus points...

The blokes behind me who always sound exactly like Stadtler and Waldorf off the Muppet Show have stopped turning up after 8 years.

That's really realy spooky - I think they are lower West C block now.

I shit you not - they have season tickets in front of me and every week they are there yelling crap like "Book him" for innocuous foulds etc.

So negative it's unreal and I was desperately trying to work out their names last night to tell others around me who they reminded me of!

I'll try to get a photo of them.....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    You think?

The steak one i ordered tasted suspiciously like chicken curry when i got to my seat.

Yeah, but the Chicken Curry pie is luv-er-leeeee.

Much better than the tat they've been flogging in there for years. Just need to sort out the 'beer' now...
  • Options
    I concur on the pies, had a chicken curry one and the pastry was so lovely I had to try a steak one to check the consistency.

Indoors by 10.30 which is a record for me midweek and I don't think I got flashed on the A13.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]I I don't think I got flashed on the A13.

No one dropped their trousers for you ..... ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    You think?

The one I had gave me the Sh*ts....wont eat there again, thats two out of two
  • Options
    Also i made it back to The Druids arms at 10:58 just in time for a beer!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite]what page off-it ?

Don't remember off the top of my head, but will have a look at the proggy when I get in tonight.

In the meantime, have a guess!