Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pards out...

edited October 2008 in General Charlton
..before its too late.

I'm sure I'll be called all sorts of names but fook it....I'm not wearing rose-tinted glasses.

Comments

• Options
    What a predictable thread...lol

I very much think that a club should stick by their manager during hard times, but it is very hard I admit, when you're in the middle of such bad form, to stick to that belief.
    I'm going to my first games this Saturday and next Tuesday - this time next week I will be more qualified to judge.
  • Options
    fcuk that....Pardew out !!!!!
  • Options
    I hate all this calling for heads malarky but hes had a fair crack of the whip now, we are not going to progress under Pardew.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Frank Butcher[/cite]I hate all this calling for heads malarky

especially when its from people, like the two above, who haven't been to a single game this season.
  • Options
    Pardew is the right man

to take us to league 1. Time to go!
  • Options
    As Jim Reeves would sing.

I'll tell the man to turn the juke box way down low
    And you can tell your friend there with you he'll have to go
  • Options
    Enough is enough... Pardew out!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]

especially when its from people, like the two above, who haven't been to a single game this season.

Do you have to have been to a game this season to care or have an opinion? What if you'd spent thousands of pounds supporting them over the years but hadn't, for whatever reason, been able to go this year? Does that make you a disqualifed as a supporter? Or have we played so well that we've been incredibly unlucky to lose 8 from 13 and muster just 12 goals with our unique brand of attacking football?
  • Options
    I was of the opinion of givin him time.....

but he clearly is not the man to get us promoted,

he's run out of hot air and now he's nothing just a pile of excuses
  • Options
    His body language said it all tonight.......arms folded all night
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]

Do you have to have been to a game this season to care or have an opinion? What if you'd spent thousands of pounds supporting them over the years but hadn't, for whatever reason, been able to go this year? Does that make you a disqualifed as a supporter? Or have we played so well that we've been incredibly unlucky to lose 8 from 13 and muster just 12 goals with our unique brand of attacking football?

Quite right. No one can be at Park View Road and Floyd Road at the same time can they?
  • Options
    keegan might not be the greatest manager but at least he had the decency to walk out of the england job hold his hands up and say 'i'm not good enough'...... take note pardew you're running out of time
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]

Quite right. No one can be at Park View Road and Floyd Road at the same time can they?

Difficult to know who needs the support more. The Wings with their gate of 400 or CAFC and their 20,000 plus. I'll let you know on Saturday when I take the family to the Valley for what will be the little one's first ever game. I just hope there's no swearing and bad behaviour.
  • Options
    I'm not one of those people who want the manager out at the first sign of trouble,but after watching that tonight i'm afraid there can be no excuses.
    An absolute pitiful display with not one sign of encouragement anywhere.And for that i really think only one person can be to blame.
    Sorry Pards.I really thought you were better than that.
  • Options
    There was never 20k+ there tonight, whatever the offcial figure is.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]There was never 20k+ there tonight, whatever the offcial figure is.

lol - back in the 70's (alledgedly) there were only 5,000 there.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I know, I used to count the takings at Barclays Charlton, very naughty.
  • Options

Mate I don't need to go to a game...Dad's a season ticket holder and tells me we are shite....he was seriously debating not renewing and I talked him into it...how bad do I feel now. I also live 3,000 miles from the Valley. This is a forum and I am expressing my opinion....
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I'm sure AFKA welcomes your input on the board. Be fair to him, he is probably very pissed off again after tonight and even more so that you didn't have to suffer at first hand like he did.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ct_addick[/cite]

I also live 3,000 miles from the Valley.

How i wished i was you at half past nine this evening.

Room for a little'un?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Listen boys I am there with you all following the game on the internet at work. I come home and my wife wonders why I have the hump. I truly believe the board haven't sacked him because they don't won't to pay off his contract because we are skint. Hopefully when the new owners come in we can pay him off and bring in...........Curbs. Bring back the glory days !!!!!
  • Options
    I am a Pards man think he will turn it round BUT I can't defend him in anyway and certainly understand people wanting him out.

See on teletext he had a go at players saying some ar enot doing it and others in squad chomping at bit. You've said that every bloody week for the past 4 or 5 yet have made one change here or there. Stop f****** talking the talk and do something about it.
  • Options
    poor old nicky bailey our best player then makes a howler
  • Options
    Apologies, ct addick, fishnets, came home with a right strop on last night.

Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion, but calling for a manager to be sacked is just such a huge, future changing call, if it is going to be done or carry any weight then i kind of hoped it would of been started by those who are there week in week out and have seen first hand how the team / club are deteriorating.

Actually, i'm still as peed off as i was last night....
  • Options
    I like Pards but I am beggining to wonder whether if he had not been such a good player for us in the past whether I would have lost patience with him now. Some of his changes were inexplicable last night and I do wonder whether he will change the right players for Saturday.
  • Options
    Did we really play that badly last night?

The first 25 minutes we could have/ should have been 2 up.
  • Options
    PWA

it was not the performance from the begining as it was a bright and positive start,

it was the way we fell to pieces once they scored, it was the way that they were allowed to fall apart imediatly after the break,

it was taking Gray off for dicko when the choice should have been take Buzz off push Varney wide and play 2 up front from the start of the 2nd half.

It was the knowledge of what bollox Pards was going to come out with

It was what we have become

Sorry Alan P i dont want to say it but your time is up
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Thank heavens, well I hope, that other people at the club times are up as well. If the takeover doesnt happen we are in big big trouble. Im afraid and its not just down to Pards. At last Pards has torn into the players but Im losing faith in Alan I hope he turns it around I like the guy.
  • Options
    I think Bailey looked knackered last night and think he should have gone off for Dickson and then Ambrose could have moved inside with Varney wide. Since Johnnie R we have not had a winger who genuinely gets involved a lot
  • Options
    To be honest wanting Pardew out is not exactly a knee jerk reaction is it? It wouldn't be changing it at the first sign of trouble. We've been utter sh*t since about February. As AKFA said elsewhere we've won 6 from the last 24 so we've been terrible for a long time now. He failed to get one of the best squads in the division anywhere near the play offs last season and this year we are heading for league one rather than the premiership. His decisions at times are baffling, his constant 'spin' after bad results is infuriating and to be honest i think he's lost it now.