Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATT HOLLAND

Comments

• Options
    Your welcome, I cant sit back and watch Pardew totally kill this club with his crap signing's and crap tactics, our club is going down the pan quickly and if we dont voice are concerns now we will be playing Millwall next year!
    i cant sit there and clap those fu*kers off the pitch when they are producing s*it week in week out.
    A lot of you guys are too laid back and think were too good to go down but were not.
    My concern is Matt Holland as you may already know :) and until you all watch his game properly you will see what he produces and not the clap at the end. you will see what i mean tomorrow. Dont get me wrong I hope he plays blinder and scores a couple, clears a few off the line and puts a few crunching tackles in and shuts me right up for a week but i cant see it happen can you
  • Options
    Yes and I play football and i know running aroung like a headless chicken brings nothing to the team!
  • Options
    Nickaspanner - Millwall are doing well in league one so they could very well bypass us on the way up.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Nickaspanner - Millwall are doing well in league one so they could very well bypass us on the way up.

my worst nightmare!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]I would Play Holland over Zheng everyday! Zheng shirks out of tackles more than Ambrose, injures himself in order not to play dont you find it funny how Zheng has never played a reserve game whilst recovering? Because he re-fuses to as"he is better than that!"That is not the charlton attitude!

Where did you hear that?

same place as The Sun " a source close to the club" ;o)
  • Options
    thats very true adam
  • Options
    Nickaspanner, I'm not have a go at you for "slating captain cleanshorts", but I will have a go at you for slating a player for the fact he wasn't being mentioned every two seconds on the radio commentary for a game that you didn't bother to attend. Someone who actually went to the game said in this very discussion that he was one of our better players on Saturday.

Yes it would be nice to have more class in the team, but we can't afford classy players that make a consistent effort, and we all know how well having classy players that just couldn't be arsed worked out.
  • Options
    Holland does the simple things well. Like passing the ball to a red shirt. It may not always be the 35 yard defence splitting ball, more often than not a 5-10 yard pass.
    Nothing wrong with that.
    He dosnt run round like a headless chicken, its the others. Their static.
    Mind you, what do I know. I liked Kish
  • Options
    And i was told by mate that went that he was nowhere to be seen as always.
  • Options
    I liked Kish too, least he was involved the game
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kish played at Cardiff ?.......;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]Nickaspanner, I'm not have a go at you for "slating captain cleanshorts", but I will have a go at you for slating a player for the fact he wasn't being mentioned every two seconds on the radio commentary for a game that you didn't bother to attend. Someone who actually went to the game said in this very discussion that he was one of our better players on Saturday.

Well put. Reminds me of the old days on RTM.

Caller: We were crap yesterday.
    DJ: Did you go yesterday?
    Caller: No, but i listened to your wonderful commentary on the radio.
  • Options
    Have to say that we have been unfortunate with Racon and ZZ being out. Who knows if Holland would have started if they had all been fit. I'd rather have Semedo than Holland but that's not an option now either.

Matt is an old head and did very well to kill the game off against Swansea when coming on late. I'd guess he's also a good pro to have in the dressing room but he's not going to influence a game or get in the box the way he did a few years back.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Nickaspanner - Millwall are doing well in league one so they could very well bypass us on the way up.

my worst nightmare!!

if that happens, fancy chartering a plane to that clinic in switzerland?
    no need for return journey.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nickaspanner[/cite]YES HE WAS INJURED FOR THE FIRST 2-3 MONTHS AND HOW WELL WAS WE DOING UNTIL HE CAME BACK. WE WENT FROM 4TH TO SHI*E
    you never see him putting in crunching tackles or getting in the refs face when decisions dont go our way. Captain clean shorts with no voice get him out now!

Funnily enough when we lost reid who had the more attacking flair and quality!

I would Play Holland over Zheng everyday! Zheng shirks out of tackles more than Ambrose, injures himself in order not to play dont you find it funny how Zheng has never played a reserve game whilst recovering? Because he re-fuses to as "he is better than that!" That is not the charlton attitude!

I heard a rumour a few weeks ago that ZZ was very disappointed he didn't get a move in the summer and had been less than enthusiastic with his attitude in training. If the takeover happens then he may well stay as we'll be on the up but if not i don't expect him to be here after January.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nickaspanner[/cite]And i was told by mate that went that he was nowhere to be seen as always.

"as always" Really?

You do go to charlton don't you? How can he be all over the pitch and absent at the same time?

Bollocks to that but i guess it's your opinion!
  • Options
    yes as always, Here we go i get some idiot questioning if i a actually go, yes i go to most away games and all home games if you must know, I had other things to do and glad i didnt go now!
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I was actually ONLY confirming that you do go!

When a player puts in 110% effort in every game i have seen him play getting all over the field and still you describe him as absent, all i'm saying is that doesn't quite make sense that is all! (your description of 110% by the way)

I have already admitted I don't get to as many games as i should I have been to a lowly 5 this season only one was away therefore i wouldn't question you or any other to say "do you even go to games" nope not my style.

Anywho I think you have argued your point to the best of your ability to a level where it has become boring to continue replying on this thread and in my opinion your argument is void by your clear vendetta against a certain group of players.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]I think if you've played football - or, as in my case, still do - you'd understand that Holland is one of the few positives in the side at the moment.

A player's player.

In a nutshell, V 11 ......well put!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]I think if you've played football - or, as in my case, still do - you'd understand that Holland is one of the few positives in the side at the moment.

A player's player.

In a nutshell, V 11 ......well put!

Sorry, I completely disagree. I think Holland fools the easily fooled with his endeavour.

Holland bundles about like a good 'un, snaps into tackles and claps the fans, but I struggle to see what he actually does. I'm not talking about the quality of his pass or the number of goals that he scores, it's dumb to judge a player like Holland on that basis.

It's positioning that's off for me. When we're attacking I look up and is he bursting into tthe box, looking for the ball, nope, he's lurking about on halfway. Then, we're on the ddefensive and Matt's charging around down further up the field, apparently looking for tthe clearance. I don't think I can ever recall a player that is so often in the wrong place at the wrong time. For that reason, and despite a good start to the season, I'd always have ZZ, Racon and even Shelvey ahead of him, these days.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2008
    My point exactly!
  • Options
    No need to quote twice!
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Oh you must be talking about the INJURED Racon and ZZ, Mortiamerican?

So you want to throw a 16 yr old, and an inexperienced player still finding his feet at Championship level, into the heart of our midfield?

That's ridicluous and proves you're the fool!

Anyway, our main problem is not centre midfield, IMHO.

We've got far more to worry about down both flanks and with our shot-shy strikers.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    What V11 Said!
  • Options
    What Dazzler21 said about Valley11
  • Options
    What Shooters Hill Guru said about Dazzler and what he said about Valley11
  • Options
    What Oggy said about what SHG said about what I said about What V11 said!
  • Options
    what Dazzler21 said.........Nope its gone
  • Options
    What did he say, Shooters ....?
  • Options
    fucked if I can remember now ;-(