Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

beat the crunch! Ideas to save or make some cash?

edited October 2008 in Not Sports Related
Right here's one I've just found out.

If you are lucky or unlucky enough to be in the 40% tax bracket, you may be able to claim back (for 5 years or so) an extra 20% tax relief on your pension contribution (not your employers) for the period you have been paying at 40%. This is because they assume you are on the 20% relief when doing the initial rebate. The advice goes to contact your local tax office if you think you have a claim.

Comments

• Options
    Fill you car when its cold in the morning (as the tanks are underground) it makes the fuel denser, when its warm it expands meaning you dont get as much fuel
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]eat the crunch!
    yum
  • Options
    Save on matches and lighters, by simply lighting your next fag from the butt of your last one.
  • Options
    make sure you get your money's worth when you pay 20p at the Shell garage to fill up your tyres - deflate them a bit first
  • Options
    I guessed this would turn into a Viz thread pretty soon ; - )
  • Options
    HOMELESS people. Lighten your load by not buying a dog

MOTORISTS. Deflate all your tyres before putting 20p in the forecourt air-line machine. That way you'll get your money's worth.

PRETEND to be a tiny person by pouring all the crisps from a multi-pack bag into the big bag they came in, and eating them out of that.

MUMS. Out of Christmas wrapping paper? Simply convert birthday wrapping paper by adding "Jesus" after "Happy Birthday."

BANANA lovers. Buy your bananas in bunches of 5 on Sunday. Then arrange them in order of ripeness and write a day of the week on each banana in felt pen, Monday on the ripest, Friday on the greenest, to save time making those decisions on a hectic weekday morning.

SLOVENLY householders. Always keep a few 'Get Well Soon' cards on the mantlepiece. When unexpected visitors arrive you can tell them that you have not been well and that's why the house is untidy

SAVE electricity by shortening the cables to all your household electric appliances.

RE-USABLE canvas shopping bags make an excellent receptacle to store all the bags you are left with after trips to the supermarket.

DOG OWNERS. Never lose your TV remote control again. Simply sellotape it to the back of your dog, and hey presto! Whistle, and the device is at your beck and call! This can also apply to hot drinks, after intense training

DRIVERS. Save money by putting much larger wheels on the back of your car. That way you will always be going downhill, thereby saving on fuel.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Add a ton of mileage to your car by doing a few simple things, but most importantly adding acetone to your fuel tank. He added 10 miles per gallon by adding just a few ounces. There's scientific reasons which...

this tech boff explains: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHAUsGlfbx8
  • Options
    Ok dragging this one back from Viz... I just got told I could possibly claim half a k back! @ 18% though not 20.
  • Options
    I got this one from OoohAargh a while back:

Save your money! No need to buy a ticket for Charlton's next away match, when you can sit silently in front of your computer logged on to Charlton Life, waiting for a post from somebody who's got a text from a mate at the ground.

And when Charlton inevitably go a goal down, you can boo to your heart's content - and nobody will have a go at you.

(sorry OooAarh)
    ;o)
  • Options
    I have a professional scanner for sale and an 8 port KVM Switch if anyone wants to save some cash. specs' available on demand/whisper