Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Consistency and confidence

edited November 2006 in General Charlton
To have any hope of making progress we surely have to aim of a fairly consistent side.

So for that reason for example I would keep Holland in the team, despite a preference for Kishishev. Matty is showing commitment and is playing ok. Hopefully he, Faye and Reid will grow in confidence and get used to playing with and anticipating each other and Rommedahl of course ....

... who may be erratic, but the good moments are worth perservering with and hopefully he will get his shooting boots out next time - and of course he is one player who gets us all excited when receives the ball.

Ambrose I felt offered little for much of the game and I don't understand why he seems unable to play to his potential very often - I would put Lloyd Sam ahead of him in the pecking order now.

But I was very impressed with Marcus Bent when he came on, so I would start him for the next couple of games and see how he goes.

At the back I guess Sorondo is close to reconsideration.

Comments

• agree with that, not a great Holland fan but he does give it his all at the moment and at least seems to care about the whole situation...

M Bent I also thought did very well when he came on, deserves a chance I reckon.
  • as much as i was pleased with m bent's performance on saturday, i can't help feeling it was more for personal gain ie, to try to prove something to everton, his former employers, rather than playing for us, for the shirt.

i wouldn't let him start the next game, but definately make it clear if he plays like that he'll get a good run out and a chance in the future to start a game.

i have an awful feeling that he'd run out at sheffield and go back to not giving a toss again.
  • Sheffield United are former employers of his too .....
    .................. and so are Blackburn!!!

So let's play him against both and see if he hits some form for us.
  • good point, there are probably quite a few that we should be able to expect a performance from him for if that is indeed the case!!
  • Aye.

He IS good enough to play at this level but he has spent his career as a bit part player - certainly his Charlton career - and has perhaps found it hard to make an impression. He was very good on Saturday, so the challenge for Les Reed is to motivate and inspire him to keep that going in the next few games.
  • edited November 2006
  • interesting that article has christian bolanos listed as a charlton squad member?!