Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Right after the recent TV appearances by CL members

edited October 2008 in Not Sports Related
I wondered if any other members have a claim to fame?

For my part I have had a few appearances in the local newspapers (KM, Courier etc) due to fire service stuff and when I was in my late teens I was in one of the 999 programs. Well my hand and nose were!

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2008
    oh yeah baby - did sky fanzone a few times - superb they are have a laugh if the other supporter is alright - even better if the other fan is a twat and you win - Leicester at home Bartlett game springs to mind and Chelsea 4-2 game.

was also on the quiz show "Do I not know that" which was filmed for ITV digital up in Manchester which was an absolute laugh and a half shame it got pulled because that was a decent quiz show to be fair to them - we never took it that seriously but other teams were hilarious how seriouslty they took it especially Peterbrough. Guest appearance from ABS who obviously lived in Manc at the time and one of my lot went home unexpectedly so Abs filled in on one of the shows.
  • Options
    Was on BBC Radio Cornwall talking about the virtues of safe driving at the beginning of September - wedged in between the old boy who liked trains and someone who liked to visit all the places where TV shows had been filmed in the county....
  • Options
    1981 in Ibiza. We were out on mopeds for the day and we went to the San Miguel brewery to have a look around. We stopped at this local bar and this Irish fella asked us if we'd mind if these two absolutely beautiful girls could have their photo's taken with us. Anyway, there was lots of mucking around, arse grabbing etc but it was all pretty informal and lots of laughter.

A few months later, a mate was in Dublin and he passed a travel agents and there on a full size poster was a picture of us and these girls. It turned out that this poster was all over Ireland and featured in loads of holiday brochures for the summer of 1982. And guess who was slap bang in the middle of the picture...Ahem, I thank you.
  • Options
    Should have contacted and demanded payment
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]Should have contacted and demanded payment

We did and all we got was 20 copies of the Carousel holiday brochure each. You have to remember that this was in the day before appearance money so the kudos was probably more important at the time.
  • Options
    can you scan a copy in one day Valley please. id like to know what you looked like back in 1981 ! :-)
  • Options
    far to many to name, you can read most of mine in any phone box in London.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]can you scan a copy in one day Valley please. id like to know what you looked like back in 1981 ! :-)

B

Been trying to upload the picture but the site won't let me. I can email it to you if you're desparate. Same adress?
  • Options
    yes please. ta.
  • Options
    Won most outstanding Business Award in Sydney in 2005.....had to travel 12,000 miles to get some recognition
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: TelinOz[/cite]Won most outstanding Business Award in Sydney in 2005.....had to travel 12,000 miles to get some recognition

Many miles have I travelled ........

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist [/cite] Been trying to upload the picture but the site won't let me. I can email it to you if you're desparate. Same adress?

Maybe the filesize is too large. U can email it to Admin@charltonlife.com if u'd like.
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited October 2008
    Took part this year in an Elvis stage show in Dartford and was asked for photos etc.
  • Options
    Was it the blind asking for the photos ?
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I thought that crimewatch needed a new mug shot! :-)
  • Options
    I was on one of the Sky montage's once after a live Charlton game.

I got there really early and was sat in my seat with a hangover - head in hands looking & feeling like death.

We lost the match (which I recorded) so when I watched it back I noticed I had been filemed but they had made it seem like it was after the match and I was almost crying at the defeat

I was not amused
  • Options
    I was on telly on a cup highlights programme celebrating a goal or penalty at chesterfield. I was wearing a white hat scarf and gloves and dec pushed me when we scored and i went flying, was right behind the goal so easily spotted!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]Been trying to upload the picture but the site won't let me. I can email it to you if you're desparate. Same adress?

Maybe the filesize is too large. U can email it to Admin@charltonlife.com if u'd like.

its a great pic!
  • Options
    Right thats Suzi & MOG off the xmas card list then...I'm a star dont you know.
  • Options
    Valley McMoist's photo:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    nice hat VM!!
  • Options
    I take it VM is looking 'decent' !!

great pic
  • Options
    "club tropicana drinks are free"

Is that VM in the Descent t-shirt or am I mixing you up
  • Options
    Thats has to be mid 1970's....lol
  • Options
    dave mehmet, 1905 et al... the bloke in the denim is a ringer for Ian (cant remember surname, keiths mate)
  • Options
    Its not a ringer B, i'm convinced its him !!!
  • Options
    ah well 1982...must read posts properly....d'oh
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Its not a ringer B, i'm convinced its him !!!

I though it was David Essex ; - )
  • Options
    HA HA HA - pmsl. That is quality, absolute quality. Made my day.
  • Options
    Bloke on the left looks oddly familiar