Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dennis & the general attitude of the players

edited November 2006 in General Charlton
I was really impressed with Dennis on Saturday.

Showed that he wanted the ball, looked to run at their LB and try to create. I was particularily impressed with his attitude when toward the end, despite having run himself into the ground, he was still looking for the ball and looking get at them and visibly looked disappaointed at the end as he knew he had had opportunities to score himself but hadnt taken them.

Great attitude from someone I wasnt ever too sure was "up for it".

Overall a vast improvemnt in attitude and feeling a lot more bouyant this morning

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2006
    Couldn't understand some of the negative comments in the papers about Romm this weekend...admittedly his end product wasn't brilliant - but he was a constant thorn in their side and like you say - looked pumped up for it and was even running down lost causes in the second half down by the corner flag....
  • Options
    Have to agree - I can accept players having a bad day at the office but what is unacceptable is a piss poor attitude. Romms was up for it and you could see his genuine disappointment when things didnt work out. He certainly creates a buzz when he receives the ball and starts his run.
  • Options
    Hopefully after the reading game Reed and Robson sat down with him, showed him what he was doing wrong and then suggested that with Lloyd Sam back at the club that his days as a starter might be limited if he didn't pull his finger out. Am I right in thinking this is his last year on his current contract? For me he hasn't done enough yet to get an extension.
  • Options
    dennis didnt say this did he? Dennis Rommedahl had a chance which could have had him named the new Pele but, in keeping with the rest of his shooting, it went towards the corner flag.

The Dane said: “I will go home and get a nice dinner and a beer and forget about those chances.”

Sounded like the most sensible thing said in a while.

sun
  • Options
    Could well have done, but with the journo completely missing the point of what Les said i.e. you can be stocky and still play at the top level rather than trying to create a story by implying that Les was comparing him in terms of footballing ability, then I think its same to assume his been a little "creative" with this quote as well...........
  • Options
    totally agree, after the game he looked completed dejected; it was almost refreshing to see that from a player - Im sure someone in the club will be using such psychological phrases like 'turn that negative into a postive' etc etc

Reading my housemate news of the world yesterday i noticed they stuck to their usual contradictory journalsim by dishing out praise in the review then giving incredibly low ratings Dennis 3/10 ...i thought i was on a 3 for playing Pro Evo on the way out!
  • Options
    he frustrates me as much as Robbo used to in the beginning
    lets hope he comes out the same way

come on Denis, show us what you can do!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DJ-3PO[/cite]
    Reading my housemate news of the world yesterday

oh please... just admit it it was yours. you'll feel much better for your honesty.