Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Surely the best tree/cricket ground. Latest Cricket scores; 2009/2010.

Comments

• Options
    Atherton and Knight - What is their problem with Rob Key. Pair of prize pillocks with over inflated egos full of self importance
  • Options
    I'm ashamed to be English after that performance, Key should be captain.

Same old England, bottle it in big games both in football and cricket.

I'm so angry
  • Options
    I was a little surprised by keys role, should have com in earlier for me.I would have liked to see napier given a chance too
  • Options
    was the idea behind dropping key down the order that he doesn't score fast enough?

I don't watch a huge amount of cricket, so don't know if that's true or not
  • Options
    Yeah they were aluding to the fact he's not really a big hitter, more a stroke player, he can whack it hough in my opinion. Saw one of his sixes go straight threw someones windscreen at t wells a few years back
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    [cite]Posted By: BBClaus[/cite]was the idea behind dropping key down the order that he doesn't score fast enough?

I don't watch a huge amount of cricket, so don't know if that's true or not

I was trying to work out why Key was so far down the order.Could have been the captain and an opener but the powers that be seem to have thought otherwise and if he doesn't score fast enough why pick him?..bollox to 'em Rob come back to Kent!
  • Options
    Erm, not sure if this is the correct thread but may I ask a couple of questions about Kent's 20/20 match v Surrey at Beckenham on 28th June ?

Used to go to most of the one dayers back in the 70's ( Knotty, Denness, Luckhurst, Asif , Deadly Derek etc ) Great times. Then came the kids.....Have managed the odd one in recent seasons but never a 20/20 so far.

With 3 other intrepid Addicks ( regular away travellers , all) I'm venturing along to Beckenham for the above mentioned match. I've been told that the "entertainment" before the first ball is bowled starts early....so with the match due to begin at 2.30, what's a good time to arrive so as not to miss out ?

Also, not having been to this ground before, is it possible to bring your own folding chairs to sit around the boundary as at Canterbury & T/Wells or are the seats all static?

Would much appreciate some responses , guys & gals. Anyone else going along to this one ?

Thanks.
  • Options
    No real idea about "Entertainment".
    Can take your chairs, but most seats are already there.
    I think afew "Lifers" will be there.
    Have you got your tickets (SuperKent v Slurrey will probably sellout before the day).
    Any problems, go to the KCCC website & look up the Beckenham page,details of contact number,etc are there.
    P.
  • Options
    Thanks, MOG. I've ordered our tkts online so no probs there.
  • Options
    FFS 4-2
    in reply to Essex 280 allout.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]FFS 4-2
    in reply to Essex 280 allout.

Just seen this..we were 0-2 at one stage,both key and denley gone for nada....FFS
  • Options
    Whos going to The Oval on Wednesday, are all you woosies staying in, washing your hair and getting ready for Thursday ?

;-)
  • Options
    Kent v Hants:
    Kent batting,

7-0 off 1 over.

Commentary on BBC Radio Kent.
  • Options
    16-0 off 2.
  • Options
    is Denley Playing mate? or is off with the england Lions? guttted Rob didnt get a look in for the ashes squad i think his time has gone now shame really but at least we will get the benifit of him week in week out from now,
  • Options
    Denlys playing (or was) got 26 off 17balls.
    The VanMan got 2
    Jones 5.

Kent 69-3 off 10.
  • Options
    need a few more than that allthough we never score big, just hope the bowlers are on top form again.
  • Options
    Addickted has tonights tickets........:-)

I'm having Sundays !

Cork bowling....78-3
  • Options
    90-3 off 13
  • Options
    119-3 off 15overs.

Stevens took 23 off Ervines 1st over (3 consecutive 6's).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    146-4 off 17overs.

Stevens out for 56 off 26 balls
    (6 x 6's).
  • Options
    wow!!! over 180 and were home and dry.... ;-)

are you going down to watch the match against the aussies? was thinking about going down for a day as i couldnt afford ashes tickets would be great to see the likes of ponting up close.
  • Options
    Hopefully..........tho definetly going to atleast 2 days v Slurrey at the Oval in July.

Kent made 182-4 off 20.
    Key NO 58
    Kemp NO 15.
  • Options
    thats got to be one of our highest ever scores surly mate?
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    P....I left a message at 16.20 for you to call me back as you didn't answer your phone, give me a buzz re Wednesday!!!
    I reckon I'll go.
    S.
  • Options
    Sorry mate:
    phone on charge & was in Reigate allday with little or no signal.
    will phone you tomorrow about Weds;The Oval.
    P.
  • Options
    Hants having a good go at it.
    27-0 off 3.
  • Options
    Wow, great score.

Come on superkent!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bigstemarra[/cite]Wow, great score.

Come on superkent!

Did you know this is your 999 visit to CharltonLife ?
  • Options
    Hants 89-2 off 10.