Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Celebrity Fans: update - Brad and Angelina??

Do you think we might find we have a few more in future?

Just come across this on Forever Charlton:

Brad in Dubai: Will His Green Hotel Be Mean?
Pitt 'looking closely' at construction workers' rights in notoriously labor-unfriendly emirate

by Lysandra Ohrstrom | June 17, 2008 |

As the world’s best-known celebrity/activist power couple, Brangelina has forced paparazzi lenses to capture humanitarian crises worldwide, raising public awareness about issues like the plight of Iraqi refugees and AIDS in Africa.

Now that Mr. Pitt is working as a design consultant on an 800-room, “American-themed,” green hotel in Dubai, the 44-year-old actor may put the spotlight on the chronic exploitation of the estimated 700,000 foreign workers powering the construction boom in the most real-estate-crazy of the United Arab Emirates.

In early June, Mr. Pitt announced that he will partner with the architecture firm that won his "Make it Right" organization's design competition in New Orlean’s Lower Ninth Ward, Graft LLC, and Emirati developer Zabeel—whose $5 billion real estate portfolio includes the Tiara Residence and Tiara Hotel on the Palm Jumeirah Islands—on what he called his “first major construction project.”

“Acting is my career, architecture is my passion,” Mr. Pitt said in an earnest press statement reported by Bloomberg on June 2. The Dubai hotel will feature “environmentally friendly architecture, but also embrace my career in entertainment."

In publicizing the green hotel venture, Mr. Pitt made no mention of the endemic labor abuses beneath the glitter and glitz of the oil-slicked emirate. But according to Nick McGeehan, the founder of the NGO Mafiwasta (which roughly translates as "without connections") who spoke with Mr. Pitt’s representatives last week, the actor-cum-architect is "definitely looking closely at the issue of workers' rights before proceeding."

That puts Mr. Pitt in the minority in the Gulf, especially in Dubai. At the moment “conditions are appalling at every single construction project that goes on there,” said Mr. McGeehan, though he declined to speak specifically about Zabeel’s developments.

Mr. McGeehan is optimistic that Brad Pitt’s involvement “will have a positive outcome.

“He does seem to be interested in the issue of labor rights," he wrote in his e-mail. “At this stage, I don't think any criticism would be at all fair.”

Comments

• yeah.....

theyll start coming out the woodwork soon as Aguero signs.....

alway likes that fact jacko of brushstrokes was charlton..
  • Yeah whats he up to now ?

Have not seen him on many programmes or flash adverts in fact not seen a flash advert for ages
  • not sure mate.........

so far we know bjorn borg will be delighted....

van nistlerooy will have already been on the phone to his agent.....

who else
  • not forgeting Jim Davidson
  • Steve Davis...........Yeah right!!

Bradley (Eastenders)

Cheryl Baker

Steve Ryder

EX Oasis drummer

There are a few more out there!
  • lol i was saying as such to my wife on saturday.

Isn't a member of Blue a charlton fan as well.. . . .
  • Dave Berry was going mad on XFM apparantly.

I know he is a big Charlton fan. He also has a fit girlfriend.
  • Don't forget Anthony Lapaglia - Aussie actor in without a Trace and Frasier and various films.

I'm seeing Glenn Tilbrook and the Fluffers in Glasgow on Thu, so will try and find out what he makes of it all.

Who do we think our new celebrity fans might be now?? I doubt there will be any Americans, as they seem to think all Arabs are terrorists...
  • edited October 2008
    Patrick Collins (mailonSunday)
    Garry Bushell
    Alan White (drummer)
    Ruth Awbrey(Journalist BBCLondon)
    Simon Crosse (BCFC/CAFC 5LIVE).

Does Jim Davidson count as a "celebrity"?
  • david beckham has an academy in greenwich, next door, so think he is also a fan.
  • Sponsored links:

• good old steve ryder..........
  • bump - first post edited for the potential new additions to the Addickted ranks.

Sounds like the players might need to work a bit harder in future too ;-)
  • Carl Harman - Brush strokes!
    Does that count?
  • wouldn't mind seeing Angelina in the north upper....

might even let her have a chew on my hot dog....
  • Isn't John Motson a Charlton fan?
  • I thought he was a Woking fan or is that another common tater??
  • Jonathan makin from those BBC hidden camera shows where they shame builders and stuff.. he sang on the pitch when he was trying to get onto eurovision,
  • [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]Isn't John Motson a Charlton fan?

I hope not I can't stand him.
  • Bjorn Bork
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]Isn't John Motson a Charlton fan?[/quote]

His father took him to his First ever football match at the Valley and has afew shares in the club.
    His "main" team has always been Chelski, with alittle tinkering with Barnet.

Commentaters Martin Tyler is Woking and Alan Parry is on the board at Wycombe.
  • Sponsored links:

• As "Ace" one of the badges she wore was an Addicks badge...
  • [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]As "Ace" one of the badges she wore was an Addicks badge...
    Scroll down a couple of pics
  • Mate she probably thought "a kid for a quid" meant something else !
  • There was mention of Alan White earlier in the thread, but what about his brother Steve White? A very passionate Charlton supporter and season-ticket holder, who, like us, is extremely unhappy about where we find ourselves in the league table. Heck he even has the Charlton badge on one of his bass drum heads.
  • [cite]Posted By: creepyaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]As "Ace" one of the badges she wore was an Addicks badge...

Love the way the CAFC badge is referred to as "The Happiness Patrol" !
  • edited April 2011
    [cite]Posted By: hawksmoor[/cite]There was mention of Alan White earlier in the thread, but what about his brother Steve White? A very passionate Charlton supporter and season-ticket holder, who, like us, is extremely unhappy about where we find ourselves in the league table. Heck he even has the Charlton badge on one of his bass drum heads.

dont worry he gets a mention in this one. Theres a few celebrity fans threads.

http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=16985&Focus=259250#Comment_259250
  • [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ishgit[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: creepyaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]As "Ace" one of the badges she wore was an Addicks badge...

Love the way the CAFC badge is referred to as "The Happiness Patrol" !

come on mog thought you were a dr who fan, thats the name of the episode in which she mentions charlton athletic..
  • Lee Ryan from Blue, sure I read somewhere he was a Charlton fan.