Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scouse Feeder?

edited October 2008 in General Charlton
Not sure I like the sound of this. Particularly the line, "Dubai, however, remains intent on buying Liverpool whenever the club's current owners are prepared to sell." Does this mean that whatever happens we will be second priority to the scousers?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/oct/12/premierleague-liverpool

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]Not sure I like the sound of this. Particularly the line, "Dubai, however, remains intent on buying Liverpool whenever the club's current owners are prepared to sell." Does this mean that whatever happens we will be second priority to the scousers?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/oct/12/premierleague-liverpool

It means that lazy "big" four obsessed journo's can shoehorn speculation about Liverpool into a Charlton story.

All these press reports need to be taken with a pinch of salt. Not one of these journo's had even a sniff of a story until Charlton announced that a statement was about to be made but now they all have a (different) inside track.

I know it's frustrating waiting with no news and some people are biting their nails to the quick already but we are going to have to ride it out.

don't believe anything you read or hear until you see it on the Charlton OS.

Que Sera, Sera
    (Whatever Will Be, Will Be)
    The future's not ours to see
    but lets hope it involves Arabi

I'll get my coat.
  • Options
    Thanks Henry.......You are right as usual. Mind you not been this worried about anything for a long time. Hurry up all involved PLEASE
  • Options
    its crazy...

right im off to bed... as a last thought, it was only with this mega money that the monopoly on the big four would get broken .... now as I saw posted before, Man city and, if this goes through, then we are second richest club in the world...... my good god!

anyway ummm

I dont know im off to bed......
  • Options
    Henry, thanks for the sanity check. I couldn't see how they could possibly be involved with two clubs.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]Henry, thanks for the sanity check. I couldn't see how they could possibly be involved with two clubs.

It would look a bit daft if Maktoum senior bought Lpool and his son and heir Charlton..Not that it would have to be a bad thing really. "Son, for your birthday, anything special you want?..Hmm, yeah Torres would do me dad, dad?"

I´m not sure that the rules cover this even, could the same family have several clubs?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCFC[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]Henry, thanks for the sanity check. I couldn't see how they could possibly be involved with two clubs.

It would look a bit daft if Maktoum senior bought Lpool and his son and heir Charlton..Not that it would have to be a bad thing really. "Son, for your birthday, anything special you want?..Hmm, yeah Torres would do me dad, dad?"

I´m not sure that the rules cover this even, could the same family have several clubs?

I might be wrong but I seem to recall that the ex owner of the mirror who drowned at sea owned more than one club (as well as using his employees pensions to finance his own lifestyle). He ran one and his sons another.

Then again Maxwell was a law unto himself