Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Stuart Fleetwood

edited October 2008 in General Charlton
Just scored again for Cheltenham

Comments

• With all thats about to go on at the club, I wonder if we'll ever see him in a Charlton shirt
  • Well, we can't buy anybody until January.

Might get Torres on loan, though .....at £100k per week
  • Was a penalty
  • Bit of a forgotten man but he has to be up there with Pardew worst signings (not the worst I grant but still bad), we spent money on him but he is clearly not very good. 2 goals all season for Exeter and is rated behind Dickson, Mooney and Akpo in Parkys mind
  • Seemed a complete waste of money at the time and seen nothing to convince me otherwise since. We had next to nothing to spend in the summer that Fleetwood signed - it was almost as if Pardew signed him purely for the sake of making a new signing. Still bewildered as to the signing of Dean Sinclair as well - £125k spent just to loan someone out until their contract expires. Well done Pards.
  • For the money there are so many better strikers we could have got, some may even have started a game for us!

Strikers that moved that summer for fairly reasonable fees inc Martin Paterson and Iwelumo to name two!
  • I didn't like the look of him when I first saw him in pre-season that summer. Just seemed to have nothing more to offer than what we had and has turned out to be a worse player than any of the strikers we have even now.

Might sound a bit silly, but I really think there must be several fans on here that could have scouted Fleetwood for Pardew and wouldn't have recommended him. It's like he just picked out one of the top goalscorers from the Blue Square Prem and said lets sign him.

What's even worse is we paid a fee for him (and Sinclair). Not like Dorian Smith and Paulo Monteiro (remember him? probably not) who we paid nothing for (or did we infact pay a small fee for Smith?). Picking out these talents in non-league and abroad can be done, but not the way Pardew did it, did these players even stand out in their out in their own league? Dorian Smith didn't even get in the Welling team when we let him go.
  • I asked an Exeter fan about him and this was the response:

"Been disappointing this season, and supposedly got annoyed and went home on Wednesday when he was told he wasn't in the squad for our game, think that might be it for him now as he was left out on Saturday as well. In a way, I feel he could be a good player but needs to find the right club. But then when you look at his stats, apart from that season in the Conference where he got 30 goals or whatever it was, he hasn't done much in any of his loans, or clubs before that year. Just glad you didn't accept our offer at the start of the season now tbh"

Sounds like he'll be ideal to lead the line for us next season then!!!
  • don't understand why we turned down the 30k only to loan him out all season, same with Dickson.
  • I saw him away at Barnet in a friendly and was not impressed. Does not seem to offer much and think League 2 may be his level.

Pity as we tried hard to sign him I seem to remember and paid a fee.
  • Sponsored links:

• Saw 3 or 4 games of his loan spell in Div 2 with Exeter last season. He scored a few in their promotion run in including 2 crackers on his debut, but even when on the top of his form he's a very limited player. He's got pace, some skill on the ball, a good shot and he's good in 1-on-1 situations but he doesn't work hard at all, hardly tackles back, cant hold the ball up and can't head the ball (he was outjumped by an aging Frank Sinclair when I saw him play against Wycombe). Overall I think he's pretty easy to nullify even at League 1 level and If I could see this after a few games I'm staggered that our scouts couldn't.
  • We havent paid anything 4 him so far got 2 pay £100,000 when/if he plays for us.
  • But he played at Hereford in the League Cup , he was also on the Bench in a few of the early league games.
  • who is this Fleetwood guy never seen him ?
  • edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]don't understand why we turned down the 30k only to loan him out all season, same with Dickson.
    Didn't realise we did, though knew they wanted him. Strange decision.
    [cite]Posted By: Imnot Athletic[/cite]Overall I think he's pretty easy to nullify even at League 1 level and If I could see this after a few games I'm staggered that our scouts couldn't.
    This is what I can't work out either, as you say he's a limited player even on form and I can't see what our scouts/Pardew saw in him that we didn't already have. I'd rather play Dickson or McLeod and I don't rate either of them.

It's not like he was signed as a League One player either, we signed him aiming for promotion back to the Premier League.
    [cite]Posted By: charltonsteve21[/cite]We havent paid anything 4 him so far got 2 pay £100,000 when/if he plays for us.
    Really? Where did you see that? Still a waste of wages even if we never paid a fee, I'm sure there was something about him being on a rumoured £4k a week.
  • edited March 2010
    I thought we paid about 150-200k for him from Forest Green?
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Imnot Athletic[/cite]Saw 3 or 4 games of his loan spell in Div 2 with Exeter last season. He scored a few in their promotion run in including 2 crackers on his debut, but even when on the top of his form he's a very limited player. He's got pace, some skill on the ball, a good shot and he's good in 1-on-1 situations but he doesn't work hard at all, hardly tackles back, cant hold the ball up and can't head the ball (he was outjumped by an aging Frank Sinclair when I saw him play against Wycombe). Overall I think he's pretty easy to nullify even at League 1 level and If I could see this after a few games I'm staggered that our scouts couldn't.[/quote]

Our Chief Scout:
  • Scored for Exeter against Colchester
  • Come on Stuart you're doing a cracking job for us!!

2nd goal against Colchester this season!
  • Went to Exeter v Col U today, nice finish for his goal - Good through ball from Marcus Stewart put him 1 on 1 with the keeper, took his time and picked his spot. Second goal was a pen, due to a handball following a Fleetwood shot. Had some good touches going forward, still lazy and limited though!
  • Sponsored links:

• [quote][cite]Posted By: Imnot Athletic[/cite]Went to Exeter v Col U today, nice finish for his goal - Good through ball from Marcus Stewart put him 1 on 1 with the keeper, took his time and picked his spot. Second goal was a pen, due to a handball following a Fleetwood shot. Had some good touches going forward, still lazy and limited though![/quote]

Yeah never thought he'd make the grade with us...whatever grade that is of course.
  • Might be all we can afford next season.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: AshTray[/cite]Might be all we can afford next season.[/quote]

We're well and trully back in the melting pot...never say die.
  • False dawns, all season....
  • Also more than a fair share of false 'dusks' so far this season. :)

Come on you Addicks, still very much in our own hands.
  • [cite]Posted By: AshTray[/cite]False dawns, all season....
    [cite]Posted By: Callumcafc[/cite]Also more than a fair share of false 'dusks' so far this season. :)

Come on you Addicks, still very much in our own hands.

Time for an 11th hour turn around in performances then?