Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Oiiiiiiiiiiii That Wet Spam geezer

edited October 2008 in General Charlton
Im taking the piss now !!!

CAN U HEAR ME LAUGHING !!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Their comments are getting even funnier

hamsters
  • Options
    We've got money and you ain't!!!
  • Options
    Our friends across the river are not really bitter and twisted.......are they
    lmfao......
  • Options
    some good lines though eg does that mean pardew can have lots of wives now!
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    It's not just Wet Sham, this lot aren't happy either. Funny, the way some of them talk, you'd think we were their rivals.

http://www.holmesdale.net/page.php?id=106&tid=82655&page=1
  • Options
    It's all rather pathetic really: Fans arguing over who's got the most money. One year they get taken over, now they're struggling, this year we're taken over, maybe in a few years we'll be sold down the river. I'd rather we don't take the risk in the first place.
  • Options
    Problem is Jimmy that well meaning businessmen like we have on our current board cannot now compete with what else is out there and the way the game is structured. This is why they feel they have to pass the batton on. Dont forget they pumped money into the club recently just to keep us in business. More of a risk not to take serious foreign money if you ask me.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Problem is Jimmy that well meaning businessmen like we have on our current board cannot now compete with what else is out there and the way the game is structured. This is why they feel they have to pass the batton on. Dont forget they pumped money into the club recently just to keep us in business. More of a risk not to take serious foreign money if you ask me.

Disagree. We could just choose not to 'compete' - remain a steady Championship club. When this crazy wave of spending in English football is finished (in 5,10 years?) and many clubs have gone bankrupt we'd still be standing. I'd rather be left standing firmly even in League 2 if necessary than get involved in the financial crap that is the modern English game.
  • Options
    Thats easy to say " remain a steady championship club" Leicester blah blah blah...If the scenario you forsee comes to fruition then I doubt that there will be a division 2. We nearly went bust this year. through lack of money.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Thats easy to say " remain a steady championship club" Leicester blah blah blah...If the scenario you forsee comes to fruition then I doubt that there will be a division 2. We nearly went bust this year. through lack of money.

Only because we'd had players on Premiership wages. I believe that we would have settled back down as a well - managed, run of the mill, Championship / League 1 club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Obviously the board disagreed with you
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Obviously the board disagreed with you

But (and I've got the utmost respect for Richard Murray) they would disagree with me, wouldn't they? They are, after all, selling off the club at a profit and taking a great worry off their minds.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]It's all rather pathetic really: Fans arguing over who's got the most money. One year they get taken over, now they're struggling, this year we're taken over, maybe in a few years we'll be sold down the river. I'd rather we don't take the risk in the first place.

yeah, that's a fair point. We could all claim to support PLCs instead: "H.S.B.C. the mist rolling in from the Thames...", "Down with Landsbanki, you're going down with Landsbanki...", "Yippee aye a, yippee aye Microsoft..."