Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

martin robinson

CHGCHG
edited October 2008 in General Charlton
who remembers him, he is at an event I am at now?

Comments

• Options
    I certainly do. He could play on the wing or up front. He had the Keegan perm though, in his case, it was probably natural. Bet he hasn't got it now!
  • Options
    he sure hasn't
  • Options
    ask robbo on the wing what his memories are.The answer my friend is robbo on the wing the answer is robbo on the wing.
  • Options
    Very underrated player. A goalscoring winger who could do a decent job as a striker too. I'd guess he is in our top 20 scorers of all time.

He played well over 200 games for us and was a great servant.

Weegie's favourite player of all time i believe.
  • Options
    Hey Len - 12th 67 goals 58 in the league - 242 (14) appearences was 34th - Mark Kinsella and Chrissy Powell I guess may have gone past him now

Goal every 4 games from a winger - not shabby at all
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pickwick[/cite]Hey Len - 12th 67 goals 58 in the league - 242 (14) appearences was 34th - Mark Kinsella and Chrissy Powell I guess may have gone past him now

He was a good player. I was surprised somebody from a first division (old money) club didn't take a punt on him.

Maybe there was a stigma because Spurs let him go to come to us but that never did flanagan any harm.
  • Options
    "WHO'S THAT SCORING GOALS?

WHO'S THAT SCORING GOALS?

MARTIN, MARTIN ROBINSON.

MARTIN, MARTIN ROBINSON."

Copyright: Lennon & McCartney
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Very underrated player. A goalscoring winger who could do a decent job as a striker too. I'd guess he is in our top 20 scorers of all time.

He played well over 200 games for us and was a great servant.[/quote]

Was very under rated. He was plucked from Tottenham's reserves and had a great career with us and scored some scorchers.

Whose that scoring goals, whose that scoring goals.... Martin, Martin Robinson....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Very underrated player. A goalscoring winger who could do a decent job as a striker too. I'd guess he is in our top 20 scorers of all time.

He played well over 200 games for us and was a great servant.

Was very under rated. He was plucked from Tottenham's reserves and had a great career with us and scored some scorchers.

Whose that scoring goals, whose that scoring goals.... Martin, Martin Robinson....

He was definitely one of the better strikers we've had in my time. As you say like Flanagan he came from Spurs.
  • Options
    great record as a goal scoring winger, boy could we do with one now!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well worthy of his shirt...yeah a good player alright and is seen from time to time at Charlton reunion do's.
  • Options
    Great tash!!!
  • Options
    I'm sure he even played against us when we beat Spurs 4-1 at The Valley in the Flanagan hat-trick game.

I remember him as a quiet sort of personality on the park.Very under rated player - yet very effective player. Neat first touch on the ball and linked up well. Not really a winger although often played in widish positions - bit like Varney today.

I remember one game at The Valley, early 80's? when we were drawing 0-0 with Notts County with about 10 mins to go.
    He cut outside and broke down the left wing and scored a superlative goal from a narrow angle. Then Charlton scored another and Robinson again made it 3-0 in the final minute.
  • Options
    used to see him occasionally in the City but havn't for a while now. He'd be good with another guest at City Addicks.
  • Options
    I believe he's a chef now.

Remember seeing him in tears sitting on one of the old kit hampers at Chester station after they stuffed us 4-0 back in the earky 80's.
  • Options
    He scored one of our goals (Killer got the other) when we were 2-0 up aainst Ipswich after 20 minutes in the FA Cup c1983. Ipswich were top of the (old) first division at the time.

We got cheated out of a replay because the referee fell for it when Eric Gates dived into the penalty area despite Les Berry tackling him well outside the box.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]I believe he's a chef now.

Remember seeing him in tears sitting on one of the old kit hampers at Chester station after they stuffed us 4-0 back in the earky 80's.

I don't rememember Robinson in tears but I remember getting stuffed 4-0 at Chester in front of about 1500-2000 supporters.
    If you think we're bad now, you should have been there!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]He scored one of our goals (Killer got the other) when we were 2-0 up aainst Ipswich after 20 minutes in the FA Cup c1983. Ipswich were top of the (old) first division at the time.

We got cheated out of a replay because the referee fell for it when Eric Gates dived into the penalty area despite Les Berry tackling him well outside the box.[/quote]

Remember watching the Big Match the next day and after Gates was interviewed and admitted to diving. Hated him with a passion ever after.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pickwick[/cite]

Not bad at all, a similar record to our great recent wingers, Jerome Thomas and Dennis Rommedahl........................oh.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: pickwick[/cite]

Not bad at all, a similar record to our great recent wingers, Jerome Thomas and Dennis Rommedahl........................oh.

oh indeed!