Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pardew: Fan criticism is fair

edited October 2008 in General Charlton
http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/topsport/display.var.2456317.0.pardew_fan_criticism_is_fair.php

Comments

• Options
    West Ham got a mention ;-)
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    He added: "Unfortunately as much as I can talk today, it really does mean nothing.

Finally the penny drops, we're not interseted in your bullshit, just get on with the job!
  • Options
    What do you mean Paul, "several fans websites", give us the kudos we deserve

LOL
  • Options
    Can't mention any names DA9 : ) He might even read this!
  • Options
    He can read????

Wow

:-)
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    na he thinks it just cos he lost two games.. derr... thinks winning some will change it tho, smart fella.
  • Options
    But its the same old recycled rubbish (not your journalism Paul....well. err, :-) )

"We have the squad", "The dressing room was downbeat" "We need the crowd behind us" "We aim to bounce back " blah blah blah blah blah blah

Actions speak louder than words, fed up with soundbites for local newspapers and trying to patronise the supporters with this inane drivel.
  • Options
    same old, same old...
  • Options
    ...Mr Pardew needs a new spin doctor
  • Options
    Its all pretty irrelevent, because whatever he says now, people are going to pick holes.

Take off your peed off hates, and you'll find there is nothing in his actual words there you would disagree with.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Its all pretty irrelevent, because whatever he says now, people are going to pick holes.

Take off your peed off hates, and you'll find there is nothing in his actual words there you would disagree with.

Dont think thats the point fella, its the same regurgitated (sic) stuff everytime IMO
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]

Take off your peed off hates

Fraudient slip?
  • Options
    But what football manager *doesn't* come out with the same old stuff?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]But what football manager *doesn't* come out with the same old stuff?

Doesn't make it right because others do it.
  • Options
    At least he doesn't blame lino's and refs every week like certain managers do, that really bores me.
  • Options
    just win on saturday, put a run together, look like a good side again thats all we ask
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]But what football manager *doesn't* come out with the same old stuff?

Ian Holloway!
  • Options
    ain't that the truth!
  • Options
    Proof in quote:

"To put it in gentleman's terms if you've been out for a night and you're looking for a young lady and you pull one, some weeks they're good looking and some weeks they're not the best. Our performance today would have been not the best looking bird but at least we got her in the taxi. She weren't the best looking lady we ended up taking home but she was very pleasant and very nice, so thanks very much, let's have a coffee"
    - on the "ugly" against chesterfield.
  • Options
    Funny man, but presently out of a job.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]

Doesn't make it right because others do it.

How many things are there to say in reality? Managers always look for excuses and promise better when on a losing streak. He's not gonna turn round and say, "Well I thought we had a good squad, but they're not cutting the mustard. So I'll tinker at the edges and hope to find works." is he?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]just win on saturday, put a run together, look like a good side again thats all we ask

Or at the very least put the effort in! As a Charlton fan I don't expect total football....just an honest performance. That's only ever going to come if the manager can motivate the team and I am starting to doubt Pards can motivate this team. Hopefully I'll be proved wrong this w/end.
  • Options
    Whatever he says, it'll always be the wrong thing in some people's eyes.

Put yourself in his shoes - whether tactics have backfired or a player has just made an individual cock-up that's cost the game - what would you be saying to supporters?
  • Options
    Oggs

If it were me i would be saying

" Sorry my team let you down on Tuesday they went out there and did not perform how you and i know they can,

I tried to get one up on Warnock by weathering their storm and then hitting them with my change of formation, but i got it wrong and i let you down with my lateness in making a change,

I am going to be bringing them in on weds and going through the horror show that was tuesday,

I am going to be showing them the defending debarcle that was Sheff weds,

I am going to be showing our wingers how we take a ball past players and pass to a red shirt,

i am going to show our midfielders how to tackle with purpose and passion and then pass to a plyer in a Charlton shirt

Stick with me this week because if it doesnt work i am going to drop 5-6 of the players that let you down and bring back in the younger players that want to play for this team and will put some of those lack lustre under performing players to shame once again i am Sorry"

that would have done oggs
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited October 2008
    Honesty is all I'm asking for, no bland repeated nonsense, well said NLA
    Tell you what to do Pards, check between your legs, as a male, you should have two round shaped things dangling between your thighs, start using them, if you dont, can I suggest that you grow some.
  • Options
    Agree DA9 he seems to have no bollox or sense but how long do we give him...

Now the worry is we keep giving him a chance ......say we give him to xmas then what say we are still playing crap and he walks or gets pushed......we then end up running around for a new manager at the same time the next transfer window about to open and shut......so on paper the club have to give him say a couple of more games and then do something before the next window......or back him and do something next season....

id give him two more home games then off hire him if he dont win both........then we got few weeks to sort out something before transfer window......it shit or bust time !
  • Options
    So, Ian Holloway for manager then............... :o)

After it seems every defeat I see the headline "Pardew to ring the changes" - yet I see the same teamsheet almost.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WasCharleyOne[/cite]So, Ian Holloway for manager then............... :o)

After it seems every defeat I see the headline "Pardew to ring the changes" - yet I see the same teamsheet almost.

My point exactly, same old response every time, change the tune or take some action as promised and grow some gonads.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WasCharleyOne[/cite]So, Ian Holloway for manager then............... :o)

Yet Pards is also accused of chopping and changing too much!
  • Options
    Pick holes !!!!!!!!!

Maybe because it's always West Ham this, Reading that ....

Prior to the Palarse game it was all Charlton need this, charlton should do that .... NOT "US"...

He's Palarse ....FACT