Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Life FC v Ipswich (Punch Drunk FC) - Final Confirmation Details

Comments

• Options
    I may even don the old boots myself !
  • Options
    I'm up for the 25th Definately.
  • Options
    Guys, you may wish to see the couple of emails below sent by Ipswich to all the other supporters teams. Well done and thank you for representing both Charlton Life, and by proxy, Charlton, in the correct manner.

We would like to thank Matt and the lads at Charlton yesterday, for their hospitality. The game was played in good spirits. We did not know what to expect has Matt had thrown together a squad of players. Who he had not met until the day.

We Had 16 players at the beginning of the week, but were down to 10 by yesterday morning. And down to 9 when we managed to knock one of our players out for 3 to 4 minutes. Thanks for the Charlton players who were very quick to react, and spot on with the first aid.

An ambulance was called, the result 7 stitches, but the lad managed to get to the main game in time fully fit, apart from a splitting headache ( literally ) So thanks Matt for the loan of the 2 players

We started the stronger, down to the fact we knew one another a little bit better than the Charlton lads knew one another. Were playing downhill and with the wind, We were 1 up quite quickly, a lucky deflection. and then had a couple of goals ruled off side and missed a few more chances. We scored another couple of goals to make it 3 - 0. And then i think with about 15 Min's left Charlton got one back. A well deserved goal, for there efforts.

We were beginning to struggle slightly at this point, especially us older ones. Uphill into the wind etc.. but we did manage to get another goal in the last 5 Min's.

If you get chance to get over to play Matt and his lads, you will have a great day, just hope now he can keep them all together.

I would like to echo Shaun's comments about the new Charlton side that started its life on Saturday.

The Charlton side played the game in the true IFA spirit, and it was an enjoyable match.

Even more so, a game of football is put into perspective, when an injury occurs, as it did on Saturday. A total freak collision, which resulted in Chris Marsh, who has only just strted playing for us this season, being knocked unconscious, and for a short while his situation appeared to be very serious.

The swift action of the Charlton player, who was first to reach Chris, was exceptional, and we were all extremely relieved when a few minutes later Chris regained consciousness and the paramedics could take over, and stitch him up. He even managed to make it to The Valley in the atternoon still !!

I really hope the Charlton boys kick on from here, and become an active part of the IFA, and we have many more games to come with them.
  • Options
    Who was the swift charlton fan onto the stricken player?
  • Options
    It was the swifty Hillsy...

Fastest he moved all afternoon, but spot on nevertheless.
  • Options
    A number were brilliant and were straight on the scene, but Hillsy Up done really well, and helped keep him concious when he come back round.

It really was a sickening freak clash (it was two of their own players), and he was out for quite a while and lost a lot of blood. Horrible to see.
  • Options
    "It really was a sickening freak clash (it was two of their own players), and he was out for quite a while and lost a lot of blood. Horrible to see."

What was also horrible to see was Hillsy's knackers hanging out of his shorts whilst helping the poor guy!
  • Options
    Ha Ha, I personally felt a little ill when i put that blue shirt on - but i knew it was for a good cause... And i got to walk away a winner in both games ;o)
  • Options
    It was a really enjoyable game even though I let 4 goals go past me. I will be interested in playing in future but will be on holiday for the Burnley game. Was good meet you all and look forward to seeing you all again
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]"It really was a sickening freak clash (it was two of their own players), and he was out for quite a while and lost a lot of blood. Horrible to see."

What was also horrible to see was Hillsy's knackers hanging out of his shorts whilst helping the poor guy!

LOL....yep sorry about the shorts :).

Must also thank Bob Bolder who was the first on the scene as we swiftly tried to get the guys mouth open, that was the hardest thing, to make sure he never swallowed his tongue. If you can imagine trying to get your hands into a fully shut vice....Then trying to get him to listen to us as we tried to tell him not to move. I'm glad he's ok, there was a fair bit of claret on the pitch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That golden boots mine already i think, maybe should have scored a few more, but like all good strikers you cant score everytime. Oh Hillsys thought it was a bit harsh subbing you off mate, i didn't think you was playing that bad lol

Nice to put name to faces and im sure you gents won't forget me in a hurry
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Gumbo[/cite]That golden boots mine already i think, maybe should have scored a few more, but like all good strikers you cant score everytime. Oh Hillsys thought it was a bit harsh subbing you off mate, i didn't think you was playing that bad lol

Nice to put name to faces and im sure you gents won't forget me in a hurry

Yesterday Gumbo, after mentioning the sitters you missed, someone described you as a slow Lisbie. Very appropriate.
  • Options
    ha ha i think i turned out to be the slowest so chin up!
  • Options
    Ha ha The boys at the back couldnt handle it and i silenced the boo boys with my goal. Think the ref and his assitance picked me out, some of there decisions where shocking Lol

Did you run yesterday medders????
  • Options
    I've heard the ref and lino were world class mate...!

Didnt run, but got soaked to the skin anyway...
  • Options
    I'm definitely up for the Burnley game if i can get rid of these aches lol
  • Options
    Just got back to Cornwall from Mum's at Sittingbourne.

Want to say how much I enjoyed meeting you guys - great putting faces to usenames - so big thanks to Charlton Charlie & AFKA for putting this match on.

We looked a bit all at sea to start with and couldn't get out of our half, uphill against the wind. But we settled down and started to put some decent moves together - and secondhalf really started to gel at times but we lacked that cutting edge in front of goal - all we needed was Gumbo playing for us and not Ipswich, lol

Definitely must keep the team going. Count me in for the Burnley match ......!

PS: Glad to hear the injured Ipswich lad got to The Valley ok. We were all really worried with him lying there unconscious and bloodied. Well done, Hillsy and others, who coolly knew what they were doing.
  • Options
    Echo the sentiments of all the comments about saturdays game , well done to Matt and Danny for the organisation, and Hillsy for his swift action in the unfortunate accident between the two Ipswich boys. Yep count me in .
  • Options
    i may be able to play but can't guarentee it... I really would like to though!
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    agree with everyone here - thanks chaps for organising ! - and very good news about the injured Ipswich fella, was one of the worst looking injuries i've ever seen on a football pitch initially

edit: i'm not around for Burnley now....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shd be ok for Burnley
  • Options
    I'd be up for the Burnley game if there is any spare places. Sounds like good fun played in good spirit.
  • Options
    Any update on the photos?
  • Options
    Hello DaveM (and others) - yep, sorry about the photos...is down to me....work has kept me fairly busy the last couple of days and so, to be honest, the last thing I've felt like doing when I get home is getting online.. It appears to have settled down a bit (for me at least) and so I'll try and get them up online tonight..

If you and others want to whisper your emails to me, I'll send them direct if you like, just in case I can't work out how to put them on here!

Cheers for now
    CC
  • Options
    Did you get the photo of me before, during and after my goal lol
  • Options
    OK, for some reason I can't seem to add the pics....have sent to AFKA and hopefully he can put them up here before too long...
  • Options
    The others are too large a file size apparently....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Charlie[/cite]The others are too large a file size apparently....

CC do you mean the players or there photos. lol
  • Options
    eR, well reduce their size .....

HELLLO
  • Options
    Mendonca in the front row 2nd in from the right!!!!