Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pardew threatens shake-up in SE7

edited September 2008 in General Charlton
http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/charlton/news/display.var.2455276.0.pardew_threatens_shakeup_in_se7.php

Comments

• That wouldn't be fair on players who I think have given me a committed performance tonight

Cut the bullshit Alan........For once do what you say you are going to do.....

Get Basey in for Youga and Moo2 in for Cranie...whilst youre at it, play Semedo anywhere you like....he is a great talent according to you who will nail down a place.....well mate, he has it's called the bench...put him in at CB and stop playing these bloody loan players like you said you would at the back end of last season.

Oh and Alan, if youre reading this....another piece of advice...try not to open your mouth post match as you consistently contradict yourself.
  • Couldn't agree more Tel. I'm so pleased I overslept this morning.
    What happened to all the changes he was talking about on Saturday?
    Varney on his own up front? Big Chris was the best man to play that role, but he got rid of him because he wanted to take a different approach this season.
    Gray is the only option we have to play on his own up front in this squad, and from all accounts Varney is better playing out wide.
    Seems to me that Pardew is a wind up merchant, he contradicts everything he says.
    I don't like suggesting this, but after the Danny Mills debacle it could be possible. Is Pardew trying to engineer a way out, whilst ensuring another big payday?
    The thought is very unpalatable, but some of his crazy tactics and team selections really lead me to think this way.
    I can't think of anyone in their right mind who would drop Moo2 or change that side that demolished Reading. Not without giving them at least another 3 games together.
  • Agree with both of you, but of course we weren't there.

This season has similarities to the last one, only the downward slope has started earlier. I was at Swansea, Yeovil and Reading and thought that against Swansea we did well to beat a team that were better on the day and we outplayed Reading. No comment on Yeovil but overall I was optimistic.

What's happened? Why no Moo2? Where's the poacher's instinct seen in the early games? Why is Holland playing every game when we have plenty of other options (that is not a criticism of his commitment or ability, just that he's 34 now), what has been learnt from last season's overuse of loan players?.

Same old story every game at the moment: gave 100% but could have done better.

The ability is there but something ain't right somewhere.

Sort it out Pards!
  • I thought it at the time. Pards decision to play Bailey out wide in the game after Reading could prove to be his downfall. We badly needed to back up that win with another good result. I can't see how we are ever going to make any progress under Pardew when his tactics and team selection are so erratic and inconsistant. Even when he stumbles across the right mix (as he did against Reading) he doesn't stick with it.
    I've no problem with anyone making mistakes so long as they learn from them and try not to repeat them. Pardew has failed miserably in that respect.
    I never thought I'd be saying this, but I'm wondering now whether we should take advantage of the fact that Curbs is currently unemployed and still probably very angry at the way he was treated at West Ham. He will be taken on by someone in the coming months, that's for sure.
    I hated the football we played in his last couple of seasons, but let's be fair. he did what he had to do to keep us in the top flight.
    If he came back now, he would certainly have a big challenge to get stuck into and a very decent squad of players.
    The Charlton that we know today (the Stadium) was his (and Richard Murrays) baby. It must be hurting them both to see all their years of hard work in what seems like a terminal decline. We know his teams are capable of playing good football, he proved that in the Championship season and in the Di Canio/Parker era.
    Maybe Pardews managerial qualities are better suited to a big club like Newcastle rather than us.
  • [cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]The Charlton that we know today (the Stadium) was his (and Richard Murrays) baby.

The Charlton we know today (the team on the pitch) quite frankly looks like heading for league one which IMO is all down to Pardew and Murray. Unless the pair of them buck their ideas up quickly I wouldn't shed many tears if they both went.
  • charlie

leave murray out of it you fecking dim witt
  • yer slag big nose off as much as you like,but Murray don't deserve it.
  • shake up my ass.

What's he going to do drop Lloyd Sam BIG DEAL.
  • Is this not the same as we heard last year after poor results? I'll make changes/shake up etc. All he will do is the change the striker or as ledge says drop Sam.

The man went to that place for a draw last night, we were outplayed by a poor side. Dont get me wrong they deserved to win but we never even turned up.

The hole formation and set up was wrong before i even talk about the players he selected. Holland and Bailey were near enough standing on the toes of Primus and Hudson that were that defensive.

I have said before that i agree with playing one up top away from home but as hard as Varney tries he is not the man to do that job the ball never stuck up there which meant we were always on the back foot.

I am so p!ssed off still i cant even be bothered talking about his team selection
  • Bet the players are trembling in their boots as Pardew threatens a big shake up!

I reckon it will be Gray for Ambrose lol
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]charlie

[cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]yer slag big nose off as much as you like,but Murray don't deserve it.

Why shouldn't I? Because I am not living in the past and probably have listened to other people oustide football say "forget the former things". I feel that there is more to the problems than just the apparent incompetence of Pardew. I don't see much good for the club that the Charlton board have done in the last years. Kind of ruins what Murray has done before. I wonder if the board are considering the implications of another relegation because on current form this is something that looks like happening.

I seemed to recall that at the game some advert for Aussie pies often flashed up on the large monitor at one end of the ground. I feel that the performance of the team wearing red was like an Aussie pie - completely full of cr*p.
  • Troll alert, Troll alert.

Charlie Block in repeating the same old bollox shock
  • Pardew in talking shite post match shock....

:)
  • [cite]Posted By: Charlie Block[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]charlie

[cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]yer slag big nose off as much as you like,but Murray don't deserve it.

Why shouldn't I? Because I am not living in the past and probably have listened to other people oustide football say "forget the former things". I feel that there is more to the problems than just the apparent incompetence of Pardew. I don't see much good for the club that the Charlton board have done in the last years. Kind of ruins what Murray has done before. I wonder if the board are considering the implications of another relegation because on current form this is something that looks like happening.

I seemed to recall that at the game some advert for Aussie pies often flashed up on the large monitor at one end of the ground. I feel that the performance of the team wearing red was like an Aussie pie - completely full of cr*p.

Charlie / Sheff Addick - Seriously. Give the quite obvious vendetta against Murray / The Board a rest will you. Its boring as hell and loses you what little credibility you have left.

I'm not too sure what your intentions / motivations are, attention seeking perhaps, but your constant banging on about the same subject, deliberate aversion to addressing questions and replies that you don't like etc, is making you come across as petty little sad lonely man.
  • Looking at the state of Charlie Block at Norwood Junction station last night, picking his noise and making odd noises, troll is the best way to describe him.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Troll alert, Troll alert.

You might not and come to that I might not agree with him but he is entitled to his opinion.

Address the issues raised rather than the personalities involved.

Not intended to be aimed directly at you Henry despite quoting you but it is a theme I've noticed from a few and I find it rude and irritating.

Rant over.
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Looking at the state of Charlie Block at Norwood Junction station last night, picking his noise and making odd noises, troll is the best way to describe him.

LOL!
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Looking at the state of Charlie Block at Norwood Junction station last night, picking his noise and making odd noises, troll is the best way to describe him.

Please, not near lunch time. Reading his ravings is bad enough but I don't want a mental picture as well.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Looking at the state of Charlie Block at Norwood Junction station last night, picking his noise and making odd noises, troll is the best way to describe him.

Please, not near lunch time. Reading his ravings is bad enough but I don't want a mental picture as well.

Rothko has got actual pictures I believe ;)
  • hehe, I do, as do you Daniel San
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Troll alert, Troll alert.

You might not and come to that I might not agree with him but he is entitled to his opinion.

Not intended to be aimed directly at you Henry despite quoting you but it is a theme I've noticed from a few and I find it rude and irritating.

Rant over.

Point taken and I would totally agree with you.

However this troll is only here to troll and repeat the same rubbish as he has for 5 or more years. He has no opinions only statements that he makes to get attention.

For that reason his behaviour is the only issue for debate. It is his behaviour I am commenting on rather than his personality.
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]hehe, I do, as do you Daniel San

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
  • edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]

[cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]
    Charlie / Sheff Addick - Seriously. Give the quite obvious vendetta against Murray / The Board a rest will you.

I'm not too sure what your intentions / motivations are

I am fed up with and pissed off with the way things are with the team at the moment.
  • i reckon he dislikes murray as despite racking up a phone bill of several hundred quid he never got onto who wants to be a millionaire.
  • Why not just ignore the parts of a post that irritate you..then read on....I dont know this bloke, or a lot of you chaps, but their isnt really any need to get so personal....is there?
  • edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Charlie Block[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]

[cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]
    Charlie / Sheff Addick - Seriously. Give the quite obvious vendetta against Murray / The Board a rest will you.

I'm not too sure what your intentions / motivations are

I am fed up with and pissed off with the way things are with the team at the moment.

Apologies. I (and everyone else) must have you confused with a different Charlie_Block / Sheffield Addick in that case. Cos he seems to have spent the last 5yrs+ having pot shots at easy targets.
  • edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: TelinOz[/cite]Why not just ignore the parts of a post that irritate you..then read on....I dont know this bloke, or a lot of you chaps, but their isnt really any need to get so personal....is there?

Terry, would you take someone calling you or people you know and/or respected C****s personally or would you see it as just someone's opinion?

And if that person refused to apologise and went on repeating similar insults again and again would you take in personally or see that as just someone's opinion that could be ignored?

Charlie is only reaping what he himself has sowed.

BTW you didn't respond to my private message from last week
  • [cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]i reckon he dislikes murray as despite racking up a phone bill of several hundred quid he never got onto who wants to be a millionaire.

I haven't even tried to get onto the show.
  • [cite]Posted By: Charlie Block[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]i reckon he dislikes murray as despite racking up a phone bill of several hundred quid he never got onto who wants to be a millionaire.

I haven't even tried to get onto the show.

Why dont you respond to Henry's point Charlie?
  • Ben.....have to agree with your sentiments, but then again I would prefer a face to face in that case.....I do understand the heat of the moment stuff, but when you see certain people attacked for voicing an opinion it kind of detracts from the original reason for us being here, and not knowing the history etc....anyway....

For some reason I dont get the usual flag coming up for the pm's here in Oz, but did see and reply to yours yesterday...I'll copy it and re-send