Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

We're as bad as Derby...

edited September 2008 in General Charlton
says it all really.

Pardew has one more month - I agreed give him until November, so let's see if we can go unbeaten through October. Then he can keep his job and I'll be very happy to be wrong.

I wish.

Comments

• oh please don't go over the top
  • edited September 2008
    Umm...I'm not the first if other threads are anything to go by.

And look at the table - we are level with Derby.
  • Don;t think there is anything wrong in raising it in a rational way.

This is effectively the 2nd rebuild, and there are currently little signs that we are moving in the right direction. We are still a top 8 budget, yet currently in 17th place.

There is loyalty and support that we should always give during a game, but it should never be blind loyalty, and if we continue to regress over the next 4-5 games, then its only fair people ask the question.
  • we are not going to go a season without a win are we which is what i thought Weegie was insinuating
  • Thanks, AFKA - I was rather nervous to read what you had said. I hope by now most people on here realise I am not on a wind up, and just want to see Charlton genuinely competing.

It hurts to be heading down the way with a load of b"llshit being spouted and no visible sign of improvement - in fact, things are getting worse compared to what we saw v Reading and even Swansea.

I was warned by, of all people a Palarse fan, that the second season back down is even worse than the first...and I hate to think that they could get two things right...
  • [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]we are not going to go a season without a win are we which is what i thought Weegie was insinuating

Not at all, Ledge - I had just looked at tonight's table. Maybe you needed to say that a bit more clearly in your reply? ;-)
  • leave it out derby will finish above us with ease FACT

we're NOT as good as derby
  • sorry treacle - we are as bad as the teams around us granted i'll give you that
  • [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]I was warned by, of all people a Palarse fan, that the second season back down is even worse than the first...and I hate to think that they could get two things right...

Think you'll get a different opinion if you speak to WBA fans.
  • [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]I was warned by, of all people a Palarse fan, that the second season back down is even worse than the first...and I hate to think that they could get two things right...

Think you'll get a different opinion if you speak to WBA fans.

Yeah, but at the moment we're not looking anything like WBA in season two...
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]sorry treacle - we are as bad as the teams around us granted i'll give you that

So who or what is treacle? I am intrigued...though not sure I should be!
  • Few "We want Pardew out" chants walking out of the ground.

Have to admit, I'm beginning to side with them...
  • [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Few "We want Pardew out" chants walking out of the ground.

Have to admit, I'm beginning to side with them...

Bit pathetic and too early if you ask me.

We're only going to implode further if all that stuff kicks off.
  • Season 2...with this squad we shouldnt be still going backwards....if you look at the depth of who we have at our club, we shouldnt be playing as badly and inconsistently as we are at this stage of the 2 year plan. Our tactics are naive to say the least, our set plays are non existent......so tell me who is to blame for this? The Buck stops with the management team....we just arent performing. How do we change things?

Pardew hasnt learnt a thing from last year and sadly he still cant keep his mouth shut.....he is at times his own worst enemy and Im gutted for you lot who took the time to passionately support the club tonight...I deliberately didnt say team, because at the moment the players just arent playing well together.

Hats off to the support...I could hear you all the way from Sydney :-)
  • "We tried to change it by bringing on players of real technical quality but it was to no avail.” excuse me Pards are you saying that we only have 3 professional players with any real technical ability ? What a twat.
  • [cite]Posted By: TelinOz[/cite]Season 2...with this squad we shouldnt be still going backwards....if you look at the depth of who we have at our club, we shouldnt be playing as badly and inconsistently as we are at this stage of the 2 year plan. Our tactics are naive to say the least, our set plays are non existent......so tell me who is to blame for this? The Buck stops with the management team....we just arent performing. How do we change things?

Pardew hasnt learnt a thing from last year and sadly he still cant keep his mouth shut.....he is at times his own worst enemy and Im gutted for you lot who took the time to passionately support the club tonight...I deliberately didnt say team, because at the moment the players just arent playing well together.

Hats off to the support...I could hear you all the way from Sydney :-)

that is spot on Tel. By now we should be seeing signs of us going forward, maybe slowely, but at least surely but we are not. Pards still spouts his bull and thinks we are mug enough to buy it. I said on another thread that we have a squad capable of finishing in the top six but do we have the manager to do it. I'm slowely losing any confidence that we do. He still hasn't learned. Last season Halford held back Moo2 and now Cranie is doing the same and yet neither are significantly better. Then Cranie will disappear on 13th Dec and suddenly Moo2 is told your'e the mutts nuts and is expected to perform. However, one ricket and he'll be bombed out again. If Moo2 had played all last season we'd reap the benefit now. I'm beginning to despair of Pards I really am.
  • [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]So who or what is treacle? I am intrigued...though not sure I should be!
    Andy Murray's fitness coach