Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Beattie sinks the Addicks

edited September 2008 in General Charlton
http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/topsport/display.var.2455220.0.beattie_sinks_the_addicks.php

Comments

• If you were a real Charlton newspaper, you'd not do a match report.
  • knife twist salt wounds
  • That was cruel, News Shopper .....perhaps a new Charlton paper can be called the No Hoper?
  • 16,000.. .. pisspoor.
  • edited September 2008
    Have to say, that crowd figure tonight was laughable. 14,000 home fans. W@nkers.
  • Was a muggy post to put on here
  • [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]Have to say, that crowd figure tonight was laughable. 14,000 home fans. W@nkers.

You're absolutely right, but they were 14,000 happy people leaving the ground.

Fair play to the Charlton fans, they were in good voice for the majority of the first half, and it looked like you filled your allocation, Sj will be happy with that. As far as the game went, Palace were deserved winners although Charlton looked better after the substitutions.

ps thanks for Paddy Mac, looking at him and Hudson today, he looked the better of the two, I'd forgotten about Marks hoofball.
  • Budgie won't argue u deserved it yo did - you clearly wanted it more. But I am not having the Hudson/ McCarthy chat.
  • tbf, I didn't agree with the stick Hudson got, but I suppose it was expected. I'm not saying Hudson is a poor defender, he's clearly not, but I thought Paddy was a rock at the back tonight for us. The main difference tonight was Hudson's clearence's were the same as when he played for us, a hoofball, whilst Paddy played it short.
  • yeah granted i'll give you that. But way we set up to play think Hudson was told to . Baffling team selection for me. But credit where credit's due you didn't allow us to play - and Derry clearly intimidated a couple of our players esp Sam who shat himself everytime he got near him.

Like the black kid on the left looks a good player certainly your best player , Moses i think his name was.
  • Sponsored links:

• 'and Derry clearly intimidated a couple of our players esp Sam who shat himself everytime he got near him.'

that was unbelievable...it wasn't just me who thought it then
  • eltham - i was embarrassed for the lad he clearly didn't fancy it yet lasted over an hour.
  • [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]but I thought Paddy was a rock at the back tonight for us.

wasn't hard ! He only ever had one player within 30 yards of him !!

I could of been a rock at the back for you tonight, and i'm seriously wobbly
  • Folks,
    I have to tell the truth as I see it and tonight was grim. I have been watching Charlton regularly since they played at Selhurst Park and take absolutely no satisfaction in saying what I did - the best team won on the night.

Paul
  • Paul, spill the beans, are you a charlton fan or what?
  • Doesn't really matter if he is or not. He's a reporter and he is paid to report.
  • No an Everton fan because my dad was an Everton season ticket holder but I'm from here and have been watching the Addicks since 87.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]yeah granted i'll give you that. But way we set up to play think Hudson was told to . Baffling team selection for me. But credit where credit's due you didn't allow us to play - and Derry clearly intimidated a couple of our players esp Sam who shat himself everytime he got near him.

Like the black kid on the left looks a good player certainly your best player , Moses i think his name was.

Thats Derrys game though, he's very similar to Bailey, I was looking forward to seeing them two get involved with each other, there was one minor explosion with them. I agree with your assessment on Sam, I didn't even realise he was playing until it was announced he was been subbed, same with Ambrose as well.

Moses will become a good player, just hope we can keep him for a few years more.

I've read a few comments on here about our fanbase, and obviously can't defend it, 14000 was poor from us, however I will say if you don't get out of this league (and I mean upwards), you too will find out your real fans, as more and more of your Premier fans disapear.
  • [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]Moses will become a good player, just hope we can keep him for a few years more.
    He'll be gone by January or in the summer.

As for the 14,000 fans. Did they have to pay £30 as well? How much is a season ticket?
  • [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]I've read a few comments on here about our fanbase, and obviously can't defend it, 14000 was poor from us, however I will say if you don't get out of this league (and I mean upwards), you too will find out your real fans, as more and more of your Premier fans disapear.

correct
  • Sponsored links:

• who was it that crunched Youga? He did well it happened 2 or 3 times!
  • [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]who was it that crunched Youga? He did well it happened 2 or 3 times!

That would have been Danny Butts, who tackled him, I thought he was dead, 2 seconds later he was up looking for a row.
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]Moses will become a good player, just hope we can keep him for a few years more.
    He'll be gone by January or in the summer.

As for the 14,000 fans. Did they have to pay £30 as well? How much is a season ticket?

They did, although thankfully they are at last looking at the pricing, and have just introduced a students ticket. Season ticket costs around the £300 mark, which compared to the match day pricing is good value.
  • [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]They did, although thankfully they are at last looking at the pricing, and have just introduced a students ticket. Season ticket costs around the £300 mark, which compared to the match day pricing is good value.

Haven't you got a lot of fans on long term deals? Great at the time for the clubs cash flow but maybe not so good now?
  • [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]They did, although thankfully they are at last looking at the pricing, and have just introduced a students ticket. Season ticket costs around the £300 mark, which compared to the match day pricing is good value.

Haven't you got a lot of fans on long term deals? Great at the time for the clubs cash flow but maybe not so good now?

As you say, not a good idea at all. In the long term it can't be good for SJ's quest for a buyer, as potential income has already gone.
  • [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]As for the 14,000 fans. Did they have to pay £30 as well? How much is a season ticket?
    13,999 fans as I was one of them, and yes - it was £30.

God Damn It!
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]As for the 14,000 fans. Did they have to pay £30 as well? How much is a season ticket?

God Damn It!
    You're one of the 14,000 now HRSS! ha ha!!
  • edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]
    [cite]

As you say, not a good idea at all. In the long term it can't be good for SJ's quest for a buyer, as potential income has already gone.[/quote]

Isn't the club, in effect, already sold to Aglio. They have a charge on all the assets.
  • edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite][cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]who was it that crunched Youga? He did well it happened 2 or 3 times!

That would have been Danny Butts, who tackled him, I thought he was dead, 2 seconds later he was up looking for a row.

I would have reacted!
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite][cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]Moses will become a good player, just hope we can keep him for a few years more.

I agree he'll be gone soon!
  • [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]who was it that crunched Youga? He did well it happened 2 or 3 times!

I would have reacted!
    [/quote]

Don't quite understand your comment, you would have reacted if:

a. you had dived, and no one bought it, or b. someone had tried to cheat by diving, and getting you booked.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]As for the 14,000 fans. Did they have to pay £30 as well? How much is a season ticket?

God Damn It!

Woah, you sat in the Palace end?

Have you been to the doctors, you might have caught nigelitis