Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Brian Howard

edited September 2008 in General Charlton
according to BBC sport he is now not going to The Blades as Barnsley have had another bid in for him......... us perhaps????

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]according to BBC sport he is now not going to The Blades as Barnsley have had another bid in for him......... us perhaps????

Good player but he couldn't play until jan. What's his contract status?
  • Good player I think and would add to our team. Could be brought in on loan I believe and then signed permanently in Jan, so could play. Not sure we have budget for another midfielder at the mo though although I know Pards rates him and it might be a prelude to ZiZi moving on in Jan.
  • why cant he play till January?
  • edited September 2008
    I like him, wouldn't say no. I suppose there is a chance we could offload say Ambrose on the same basis, loan with perm move in Jan, esp as he is out of contract in June and must be one of the higher earners seeing as he was a PL player when signed. More likely he's off to Brum though.
  • edited September 2008
    Birmingham according to several online news sites: http://sportinglife.com/football/story/0,16368,1786_4223041,00.html
  • thats them promoted then.
  • [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]thats them promoted then.

Cos without him they'd have really struggled!
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]thats them promoted then.

Cos without him they'd have really struggled!

How many point above us are they? Uncatchable!
  • 9 points ahead of us after 8 games. Carry that on over a season and they'll finish 51 points ahead of us!!
  • It's the "carry that on over a season" that matters

We were 3rd after 8 games last season
  • Sponsored links:

• According to this article we've had an offer accepted but he wants to go to Sheffield Utd

Brian Howard
  • [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]According to this article we've had an offer accepted but he wants to go to Sheffield Utd

What the player wants, the player gets.
  • If Howard is a local Yorkshire lad, then maybe staying in Yorks by moving to Sheff Utd is no upheaval at all.
    Maybe, his partner/wife won't go south.
  • i think he was born down here, i seem to remember them saying he was at chelsea as a kid
  • born in Winchester, probably wants to join a club with a chance of promotion. Interesting though seeing as centre mid is a position in which we are pretty well covered, Holland, Bailey, ZZ, Semedo, Racon, Shelvey etc.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]born in Winchester, probably wants to join a club with a chance of promotion. Interesting though seeing as centre mid is a position in which we are pretty well covered, Holland, Bailey, ZZ, Semedo, Racon, Shelvey etc.

Not last night we werent. Bailey and Holland were utterly outplayed by Derry and Watson. Thats where the game was won and lost because it allowed them a platform we just didnt have.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]born in Winchester, probably wants to join a club with a chance of promotion. Interesting though seeing as centre mid is a position in which we are pretty well covered, Holland, Bailey, ZZ, Semedo, Racon, Shelvey etc.

Assess our midfield though and what have we really got besides Bailey.

Holland - too old. Can't do it every week now.
    ZZ - from a rumour i heard last night, he won't be here after January.
    Semedo - not a creative midfielder
    Racon - injured
    Shelvey - too young and inexperienced to perform every week, he'd burn out.
  • [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]born in Winchester, probably wants to join a club with a chance of promotion. Interesting though seeing as centre mid is a position in which we are pretty well covered, Holland, Bailey, ZZ, Semedo, Racon, Shelvey etc.

Not last night we werent. Bailey and Holland were utterly outplayed by Derry and Watson. Thats where the game was won and lost because it allowed them a platform we just didnt have.

point taken re last night but from what we have we can find a decent enough combination, Semedo and Bailey, Bailey and ZZ, Semedo and ZZ, Bailey and Shelvey etc. The only reason I can see us signing Howard is if another one is on the way out.
  • edited October 2008
  • Just signed for Sheff Utd.
  • Sponsored links:

• That's what he wanted.
  • Joined the Spanners on loan
  • That's a pity. I think Parky tried to sign him not long before he left us.
  • edited September 2011
    He's great in the air but i'm not sure he would have suited our style of play.
  • He's great in the air but i'm not sure he would have suited our style of play.

Think you've got the wrong Howard. This is Brian Howard (Reading, ex-Barnsley) not Steve Howard at Leicester.
  • He's great in the air but i'm not sure he would have suited our style of play.

Think you've got the wrong Howard. This is Brian Howard (Reading, ex-Barnsley) not Steve Howard at Leicester.
    I think i have ! Who the hell is Brain Howard ;-)
  • He's not done anything good for a long time.  Looked fat last time I saw him.

Would not improve our midfield at all

Agree with that. Used to be a quality midfielder and remember him scoring against liverpool at anfield in the cup. Gone down hill over the last year or 2
  • Thought he was awful in the Carling Cup for Reading against us, a shadow of his former self.

Think you're thinking of Frankie....