Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Crippled Alice v Charlton - pre match views and poll

edited September 2008 in General Charlton
So how do you see it going tonight peeps ?

What system will we play, what changes do you expect Pardew to make, and how does that match up against what you would do.

Comments

• Draw (but hoping for a win)

Back to the Forest line up but with ZZ coming in at some stage. Basey as the holding man and Primus at the back
  • Sorry, I reckon we will lose 2-1....
  • Draw unfortunatley
  • can't put anything other than a win for us. I have always been a blinkered optimist but to vote for anything else already puts us halfway to failure.
  • I'm so nervous, come on boys we must win this one!
  • Rose tinted glasses off, we are not good enough (and hoping they are worse!!!)
  • Feeling we've had our own way there once too often... but hey, today's going alright for me so far so I'll upgrade my gloominess to a draw.
  • head is ruling my heart for this won. We've had our own way over there for quite some time, and law of averages says a good thing has to come to an end at some stage.

I just don't think we are in enough of a groove yet for this type of game tonight. Their midfield combo of Carle and Watson is currently better than ours i feel, and i worry if Moses or Scannell gets a run against Hudson or Primus.

Hope i'm wrong.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]head is ruling my heart for this won. We've had our own way over there for quite some time, and law of averages says a good thing has to come to an end at some stage.

I just don't think we are in enough of a groove yet for this type of game tonight. Their midfield combo of Carle and Watson is currently better than ours i feel, and i worry if Moses or Scannell gets a run against Hudson or Primus.

Hope i'm wrong.

exactly!!!! getting nervous now, nothing a few beers wont cure
  • If I thought we might score more than one goal I'd be confident, but it won't happen and we will probably lose 2-1
  • Sponsored links:

• like haleys comet my away games are so rare these days and the last two have been 4-1 defeats so i think we'll lose 4-1 ;-(
  • We will win this one.....think ZZ and Ambrose will get a game, but I expect Pardew will stick with his new found formula of 4-5-1....wouldnt it be nice if he ever discovered 4-3-3 or 3-4-3......Would like to see Moo2 and Basey as the full backs (some hope...we were too good the last time they played together against Reading).....Hudson with maybe Cranie at CB....Bailey/Ambrose/ZZ/Holland/Varney.....Gray up front with maybe Ambrose or ZZ playing just behind....but there again what do I know about formations? Wouldnt play Primus until he had a few more games under his belt
  • edited September 2008
    Although I hate to say it, I think we are going to lose tonight. We are just not good enough. Pardew is going to be feeling under a lot of pressure after Saturday & will probably set his stall out not to get beaten, just like at Nottingham Forest. However I can see us conceding an early goal & then a second as we try to chase the game in the later stages. So 2-0 to them.
  • Think both sides are terrified of losing this one and since neither are exactly in form don't be suprised to see 0-0, or nils each as Sir Clive would say.
  • Oh Come on Lads........

Seriously, i can understand one or 2 draws but what gives them the right to beat us??

If you dont beleive we will win then heads are surely going to drop IF we go 1-0 down, when the team will need our full backing.

Im going for a 0-2 to the CAFC, think this games going to belong to varney again.
  • alot of huffing and puffing.....on and off the pitch.

0-0.
  • Far too much negativity on here, we didn't play that badly at the weekend and we're forgetting they're in the bottom 3. 2-1 Charlton
  • smoke signals from above the Valley saying 2,600 Charlton fans will be there
  • Pardew goes for a draw, we loose 1 nil.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2008
    Charlton win 1-0
  • 3-0 Varney hat trick
  • Bad feeling about tonight. Scrappy game which I think Palace will win due to defensive errors on our part and wayward finishing at the other end. Sorry, just got that sinking feeling this afternoon.