Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fans forum application process (source CAFC web site)

edited September 2008 in General Charlton
From the club, chief executive Steve Waggott will be joined by two plc directors and other senior directors and department managers as the forum's agenda dictates.

Forum's purposes and objectives:

To maintain and build on the open, honest and constructive relationship between fans, staff and directors of Charlton Athletic

To facilitate two-way communication between fans and the club and ensure that the interests and views of Charlton fans are actively considered at the highest level when decisions are being made

To provide a point of contact for fans to refer questions, queries and suggestions

To communicate to fans on the reasons for, and thinking behind, football club and plc decisions

To enable Charlton to maintain its high standards of supporter health, safety, enjoyment and well-being.

Purpose and objectives of fans' representatives:

To represent Charlton supporters and enable Charlton to build and sustain open, honest and constructive relationship with its current and future fanbase

To enable the interests and views of Charlton fans to be heard and actively considered at the highest level within the club

To provide a point of contact for fans to refer questions and queries and make suggestions

To communicate to fans on the reasons for, and thinking behind, football club and plc decisions

To assist Charlton to maintain its high standards of supporter health, safety, enjoyment and well-being

To sit on other relevant committees and working groups, such as the Safety Advisory Group, Target 40,000 committee and others, as appropriate.

Candidate requirements:

Potential representatives must be current adult (over 18) season-ticket holders.

Representatives should be fit and proper persons within the definition of the Companies Act

Representatives should not have previously, by their words or actions, brought Charlton Athletic or its supporters into disrepute or have any current or past football-related convictions

Representatives should agree and support the values of Charlton Athletic Football Club as set out in its client charter

Charlton reserve the right to refuse nominations and reject or remove representatives who are, in the opinion of Charlton, inappropriate to hold the role.

Candidate qualities:

Representatives should be able to communicate effectively with others fans, other representatives, club officials, directors and the media

Representatives should be able to use rational discussion and persuasion to present their own ideas and those of others at all levels and to a range of people

Representatives should be willing to maintain commercial and personal confidences as required

Representatives should expect to, on occasions, manage unrealistic expectations and conflicting demands as well being subject to criticism by a minority of fans

The representative's remit will not cover playing matters, and they will not have an input into team selection, tactics or the selection of playing or the football management staff

Access and time commitment:

The successful representative should expect the hours required to be quite intrusive into their existing schedule and will include evening meetings and providing open access via e-mail

The fan's forum will meet a minimum of three times per season

The fan representatives will serve one-year rolling terms

Representatives will continue to attend games and buy their own season tickets and away tickets in the normal way.

AND..........

MUST BE A YES MAN

;-)

I think that Charlie geeza who post on here should go for it.

Comments

• how much does it pay?do you get a company car as well and a phone and company credit card
  • Yes Charlie Block for forum rep.

but god... this is going to be competitive i reckon.
  • You get a nice cardi !!
  • OOoo theres a name check on there of someone i know. So proud.
  • its makes you wonder how Henry must have upset them in the past...??

;)

(JOKING OF COURSE)
  • Anyone noticed since the announcement old Henry hasn't been around no doubt updating his CV.Jobs for the boys if u ask me don't be suprised at the personal who get chosen
  • In all seriousness I think its a positive thing that some supporter representation is kept in whatever form, all the terms and conditions seem a bit ott but i guess they are wary of 'pot-holers' infriltrating.

Did these sort of conditions apply to the previous role and if not why are they needed now? Might be an interesting question for someone somewhere?
  • edited September 2008
    say if someone one accidentally tripped over this pot holes does cafc really want a claim against them ?
  • the application process seems sensible to me. The only thing that I would look into would be increasing the one year term. seems pretty short especially when I imagine that the first few meetings may be a struggle to work out how the forum operates rather than actually getting things done.

It will be interesting to see how this develops and I assume/hope the minutes of these meeting will be published on the CAFC website
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]Anyone noticed since the announcement old Henry hasn't been around no doubt updating his CV.Jobs for the boys if u ask me don't be suprised at the personal who get chosen

You should sign up for it. You'd be great.
  • edited September 2008
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]

MUST BE A YES MAN ;-)

How sexist! Could be a woman or women : - )

[cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]how much does it pay?do you get a company car as well and a phone and company credit card

I'll be furious if they do.
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]

but god... this is going to be competitive i reckon.

Hope so, will be good to have a range of different, strong candidates and reps.

But what makes you think it will be competitive?

[cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]You get a nice cardi !!

Nah, have to buy your own ; - )
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]its makes you wonder how Henry must have upset them in the past...??

;)

(JOKING OF COURSE)

Obviously not enough
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]In all seriousness I think its a positive thing that some supporter representation is kept in whatever form, all the terms and conditions seem a bit ott but i guess they are wary of 'pot-holers' infriltrating.

Did these sort of conditions apply to the previous role and if not why are they needed now? Might be an interesting question for someone somewhere?

No, there was no real role description before although there was an assessing process the time before last. I felt it would make the role (what is it and more importantly what it isn't) clear to everyone and so make the job more straightforward.
    [cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]the application process seems sensible to me. The only thing that I would look into would be increasing the one year term. seems pretty short especially when I imagine that the first few meetings may be a struggle to work out how the forum operates rather than actually getting things done.

It will be interesting to see how this develops and I assume/hope the minutes of these meeting will be published on the CAFC website

It's one year rolling so could continue for longer.

Yes, I hope the minutes are published as well. Would be a good use of the Fans' view pages rather than the drivel that's on it now.
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]Anyone noticed since the announcement old Henry hasn't been around no doubt updating his CV.Jobs for the boys if u ask me don't be suprised at the personal who get chosen

Sorry I was out seeing a client but rather naive of you to think that this was the first time I saw the criteria.

And if I had wanted to stay on I would have accepted the board's offer of another year. So not jobs for the boys. Come on, work it out; it's not rocket science.
  • I'm going to apply, lets see if I can get through the vetting process!
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]I'm going to apply, lets see if I can get through the vetting process!

Good luck to you, and all the other candidates as well of course.
  • So do the fans get a vote or does the Board "appoint" the fans' forum?

Reading the above it appears to be the latter.
  • http://shop.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=32942&newstype=n

How the voting will work is set out above. The first post is only part of the process

There will only not be an election if there are three or less suitable candidates.

People still have until 11 October to get the application in.
  • Thanks Henry.

Hadn't seen that.
  • Whoever it is could they please do something about the standard of half-time catering. At least Palace sold enough beer to run out of it!
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]Whoever it is could they please do something about the standard of half-time catering. At least Palace sold enough beer to run out of it!

But that doesn't mean charging Palace style prices.