Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tinkerman

Pards has indicated changes are in the offing, but who will he drop to change the team? Gray is top scorer but opposing defences seem to be able to keep him quiet. Sam has been criticed but can you really blame a winger for the teams poor performances? The only player who is consistently under-performing is Crainey who doesn't do anything offensively, several recent goals have come from his side of the park, and he came in for a player who'd done little wrong.

Comments

• Sam has been awful. I would drop him not just from the starting but from the squad, would rather see a formation of 4-5-1 with Varney on the right, Bouazza on the left, with the middle consisting of Ambrose,Bailey and Holland. Get as many crosses into the box for Gray.
  • [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]Sam has been awful. I would drop him not just from the starting but from the squad, would rather see a formation of 4-5-1 with Varney on the right, Bouazza on the left, with the middle consisting of Ambrose,Bailey and Holland. Get as many crosses into the box for Gray.
    I'd go with that, although preferring to start 442 but switch if and when appropriate.
  • Waiting to be shot at but I think Bailey is the one who has looked out of sorts in the last three games and if ZZ was fit I would make that change along with Ambrose for Sam.
  • From Pards comments at the weekend, I feel we are certainly going to see Ambrose start tomorrow, maybe Semedo too.
    ZZ & Toddy, Gray on the bench.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us play 4-5-1 for the first 45 mins, keep it tight or sneak a goal.
    Then open up to 4-4-2 as the game starts to open up as players get tired.

It's what Pards has done for the past 2 away matches - and it worked.
  • I'd drop Sam and Youga. Youga definitely as he has been poor all season. Ambrose in for Sam.

And hopefully Cranie so we can see Yassin!
  • Crainey has played 4 games for gods sake give the guy a chance, I thought he had his best game yet saturday.

Every player in that team saturday is not performing as they can, there seems a massive lack of confidence which is down to Pards to instill. For a team to take the lead in there last 2 home games and not use it as a stepping stone for a better performance is crying of a lack of confidence.

Bailey did look off colour saturday but a week ago everyone on here was saying we have found our man to do the midfield job. Surely we are not after a couple of mediocre performances from a guy who is still finding his feet in this division outing him??

I think above all our part in giving the players confidence leaves a lot to be desired booing them off at HT, little or no vocal support and to think we used to sing loyal supporters how ironic!!
  • Ambrose for Sam, ZZ for Holland, and then leave it alone.

We're not a million miles away from being a decent team, and Cranie looked ok on Saturday, looking better game by game
  • Can we really play ZZ to start without match fitness,?

Much as I wouldn't want to 'drop' Holland I do feel we need to do something different in midfield as we're getting over run game after game.
  • I agree about dropping Sam. Definitely the weak link in potentially very strong midfield.
  • Sponsored links:

• [quote][cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Ambrose for Sam, ZZ for Holland, and then leave it alone.

We're not a million miles away from being a decent team, and Cranie looked ok on Saturday, looking better game by game[/quote]

Spot on.
  • Pards is usually all talk & no action.

I expect a similar line-up to the previous away games - either 1 up front or same as saturday with maybe 1 change, but i don't expect too many changes.

I'd drop Sam and put varney out wide with Toddy & dickson up front. Drop Youga for Basey and put Semedo or Moo2 in for for Cranie.
  • edited September 2008
    My team vs Palarse

Weaver
    Hudson
    Semedo
    Yassin
    Basey
    Holland
    Bailey
    Shelvey
    Ambrose
    Bouazza
    Varney
  • edited September 2008
    yassin is shite defensivly

Cranie didnt do anything wrong on saturday infact he played quite well

drop sam, youga, gray.

push varney wide play toddy and dickson upfront and semedo at full back
  • [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]Pards is usually all talk & no action.

I expect a similar line-up to the previous away games - either 1 up front or same as saturday with maybe 1 change, but i don't expect too many changes.

I'd drop Sam and put varney out wide with Toddy & dickson up front. Drop Youga for Basey and put Semedo or Moo2 in for for Cranie.

golfie in a game as important to us all as palace you want to break up the front 2 partner ship with 2 players back from long term injuries.

I agree dickson should maybe be given a game with varney out wide but dropping gray is a no no for me.
  • [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]Waiting to be shot at but I think Bailey is the one who has looked out of sorts in the last three games and if ZZ was fit I would make that change along with Ambrose for Sam.

I thought Bailey was one of our better players on saturday. A non-Charlton supporting mate who came along felt he was our best player.
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Cranie didnt do anything wrong on saturday infact he played quite well

in my opinion Cranie could play like bloody superman every game BUT I'd still rather see Yassin there. I'm not into this get a player fit for another team whilst our own player, who isn't that bad, rots in the reserves. The only way Moo2 is going to improve is by playing and I'd rather see our own talent in there than a Pompey player. Yassin will probably leave in a year, Cranie would have long gone and we'll end up with an inferior RB and would have lost a highly promising youngster to boot.
  • Totally agree with you Large, Pardew's hands are probably tied though because I would expect part of the loan agreement is to 'play' Cranie as much as possible.
  • The biggest problem we had last season was the constant changing of the line up after Christmas particularly once Reid left. What we need is consistent line up and developing a team, no need for mass changes at this stage of the season. In this league it’s about how you finish the season not how you start the season.

If it were me I would revert back to the 451 with Varney out wide.
  • I'd personally go with this:

Weaver
    Semedo, Hudson, Primus, Youga
    Varney, Ambrose, Bailey, ZZ, Bouazza
    Gray

Subs: Elliot, Cranie, Shelvey, Sam, Todorov
  • Sponsored links:

• I would go with the same start as saturday but play Ambrose insead of Gray just infront of Midfield. I think we get the best of Ambrose playing attacking midfield through the centre rather than on the wings. Hopefully we could play the ball through to Varney rather than lobbing it upfield.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]My team vs Palarse

-----------------Weaver
    ----------Hudson-----Semedo
    Yassin---------------------------Basey
    -----------------Holland
    ---------Bailey----------Shelvey
    Ambrose-----------------------Bouazza
    ------------------Varney[/quote]

subs; Dickson , Toddy, Gray, Kelli and (a) goalkeeper.
  • Weaver

Cranie Hudson Primus (if fit) Youga
    Basey

Sam ZZ Bailey Bouazza

Varney

I think we are missing Jon Fortune. He was looking good alongside Hudson.

Our lack of cover at the back in a worry and shows up again the huge mistake in letting the best centre half at the club go back to the States.
  • Weaver

Cranie Hudson Primus Youga

Holland

Ambrose ZZ Shelvey Bouzza

Varney
  • slightly off thread ;
    Am i the only one who has NO confidence in Weaver at-all ?
  • [cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite]slightly off thread ;
    Am i the only one who has NO confidence in Weaver at-all ?

Yes P!
  • oh, right.
    i'll get me coat..................