Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kelly Youga

edited September 2008 in General Charlton
why oh why does Pardew play him? he puts in a shocking performance week in week out and for some reason Pards thinks he is one of our better players.
hasnt got a clue about linking up with wingers. cant pass the ball without scooping it into touch, cant cross the ball for toffee.

Comments

• ????????

Yes, let's get behind him and give him our support ...
  • Can`t remember who said it on here but I agree. we don`t have a decent full back at the club.
  • We have Championship standard players, because we are a Championship standard (just) club.

Cranie is the England Under 21 full back so you work your standards out from there ....
  • I thought Youga played okay yesterday, he is not afraid to get stuck in. I think people need to realise that we are not a prem club anymore, I totally agree with Riscardo
  • Getting stuck in is I am sorry to say not good enough. I would happily accept Championship standard full backs. I still don`t think we have any including Cranie. Perhaps he needs time to settle, I hope thats the case. IMHO he looks slow and going forward...forget it.
  • Don't think Youga was that bad yesterday. Did a number of neat one-twos with Bouzza, most of which worked out and sent Bouzza away down the wing. Also don't remember him doing anything bad defensively.

Still, we could always bring in another full-back on a short term loan and confide Youga to the reserves, that always seems to solve the problem
  • [cite]Posted By: addick from saffend[/cite]why oh why does Pardew play him? he puts in a shocking performance week in week out and for some reason Pards thinks he is one of our better players.
    hasnt got a clue about linking up with wingers. cant pass the ball without scooping it into touch, cant cross the ball for toffee.

We must have been watching a different game mate. I assume you didn't see the defence splitting passes he made, his desire to get forward and his ability to play at right back (as well as in the centre as he did at Forest), and many tackles headers and blocks. He does make the odd mistake which is borne of his ability on the ball which tends to lead to over confidence but we shouldn't knock a player who clearly has excellent technical ability. He needs to develop his nous of the game.

He may have been partially responsible for their first goal but so were at least three other players. Sometimes shit happens.
  • Kelly has been in a comfort zone since he signed his new contract.
  • kelly has been shite since signing a new contract
  • Youga wasn't too impressive last season either. Had a few good games when he came back from Scunthorpe, but then he started going down hill.
  • Sponsored links:

• comfort zone i'm afraid
  • He wasn't all that bad, but pathetic that he can't take a bloody throw in... grrrrr!!!!
  • I think he's a bit of an enigma really. On minute he's puts in a brilliant tackle, next minute he's caught out of position. One minute he puts in a defence splitting pass, next minute he mis-reads where the winger will run to and kicks it into no mans land. I'd say give him a chance, but I do think he needs to concentrate for the full 90 minutes to reach his potential.
  • it was all that shite in his hair that was all over his hands

youga can look superb and toilet in the same game much like the 10 other one trick show ponies

team for palace

weaver

hudson
    primus
    NLA
    NSS

Shelvey
    Bailey
    anyone
    Varney

Toddy
    dicko
  • better get my boots out then
  • Aren't you playing Saturday morning v Ipswich supporters, Steve?

You'll never manage to play 2 games in the same day
  • Can't mate the little fellow has got a party,but are you going to have a bevvy in the liberal,would be good to meet you.
  • Might be able to pop in the Lib, Steve.

Our match is at the Meridian over the road from Charlton Park, so expect we'll do a sherbert or 2 in there first.
    Shame you can't make it.
  • Give Youga a full season. He's shown that he's got the attributes to succeed but not the consistency, i've got to believe that games and coaching will bring him on.
  • [cite]Posted By: SantaClaus[/cite]Give Youga a full season. He's shown that he's got the attributes to succeed but not the consistency, i've got to believe that games and coaching will bring him on.

Spot on. He has some real technical ability - he just needs to improve his all round game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Going back to the coaching how about Chrissy Powell coming back and giving Kelly some 1 on 1. Anyone know how Chrissys season is going? Is he a shoe in for a coaching contract if he's interested
  • hed be a shoeing to fecking start here let alone coach

still peed off about it and it is fecking monday the bstds
  • Sir Chris is on a 6 month contract at Leicester City
  • Youga can definately be erratic defencively, but appears on Saturday's evidence to be getting an understanding with Bouazza going. Let's give it a bit of time to grow.
  • Yougas a weak link in the team if you ask me, weak defensively, too many times he loses his man or fails to make the vital challenge. Not sure Basey is much better though to be honest, whats the youth talent like at left back? I'd even be tempted to play Semedo there to be honest.
  • In think in the long run it would be a huge mistake to undermine Youga who just needs time in the team. It is not often you see a player with his ability in a defensive role. He needs to become a smarter defender but there's no doubting his ability imho.