Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sorry, but what is the point?

WSSWSS
edited September 2008 in Other Football and Sports
Croatia FA has been fined £15,000 for the racial abuse that Heskey suffered.

Now I know that it's not the Croatia FA's fault, but the fan's but come on - what message does this send out?

I would have thought a much stronger, hard line approach of "If fans of a country and/or club are found to be chanting racist abuse the next home game will be played behind closed doors or away fans will be banned from future away games"

No ifs or buts. Really winds me up. £15k in today's footballing world is nothing.

Comments

• Options
    "£15k in today's footballing world is nothing."

It's nothing compared to what would have happened if it was England fans doing the abusing.
  • Options
    didn't another country or club get a 1 or two game ban for racism in the last few years? Spanish perhaps?
  • Options
    It's fecking laughable.
  • Options
    Absolutely laughable especially as they had already been given a 'small' fine for similar fan behaviour during the Euros (OK, it was v Turkey who are just as bad).

Mind you, the FIFA site does mention they were also warned as to their future conduct, something conveniently overlooked by the Beeb.

FIFA fine Croatia FA
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: C_f_W[/cite]Absolutely laughable especially as they had already been given a 'small' fine for similar fan behaviour during the Euros (OK, it was v Turkey who are just as bad).

Mind you, the FIFA site does mention they were also warned as to their future conduct, something conveniently overlooked by the Beeb.

FIFA fine Croatia FA

Their wording!

The Croatian Football Federation was found guilty of a violation of article 58, paragraph 2 of the FIFA Disciplinary Code, and received a warning regarding its future conduct according to article 13. Further infringements of article 58 would lead to more severe sanctions by the FIFA Disciplinary Committee.
  • Options
    Totally agree WSS, absolute waste of time.
  • Options
    UEFA and FIFA make the FA appear good when they make such awful decisions as this.