Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Orrible kids names

edited September 2008 in Not Sports Related
"Persephone thoroughly enjoyed her day as mascot and she was comfortable in your care which was good to know as she is normally quite shy. from the cafc website...

Comments

• The naming of children has just become a joke. People trying to out do each other with their "originality"
    My eldest boy, Keach, has loads of wierd named friends.
  • the beckhams have a lot to answer for.
  • Glad this has come up need some help here. me and the mrs are expecting our first child in Jan, its a boy. I love the name Ben or Benjamin, but her stuck up sister in law told her that Ben is a 'Black persons name' how fecking out of order was that!! now i have the misus and her fecking mum not wanting to call are son Ben!!!! what a ridculasly rascist comment to make,im seeing her on sat night and im going to make her tell me 5 black Ben's!! the only name i know is Ben johnson the athlete!! the sister in law is from deepest kent so that probably explains that, the missus wants Oliver but i think its a bit pomus (Sorry to any oliver's on here!!! im sure your fine blokes!!)
  • edited September 2008
    Tis true a very racist thing to say! I like the name Ben/Benjamin and don't see why it is referred to as a black name? all names are for everyone are they not? My name has been referred to as a black name so I really would push on the Ben name or if not see what they say about Darrel....

Black Bens
    Ben Johnson
    Benjamin Zephaniah

Also a list of white Bens should be stated here: (top three i know personally)
    Ben Smith
    Ben Harding
    Ben Short
    Sir Ben Kingsley
    keep posting as i don't know many ben's but four of 6 are white!
  • The daddy of them all is...Sir Ranulph Twisleton-Wykham-Feinnes...poor bloke!
  • oh Ben Gorringe the gf's brother
  • Ben Metcalfe Journalist
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Glad this has come up need some help here. me and the mrs are expecting our first child in Jan, its a boy. I love the name Ben or Benjamin, but her stuck up sister in law told her that Ben is a 'Black persons name' how fecking out of order was that!! now i have the misus and her fecking mum not wanting to call are son Ben!!!! what a ridculasly rascist comment to make,im seeing her on sat night and im going to make her tell me 5 black Ben's!! the only name i know is Ben johnson the athlete!! the sister in law is from deepest kent so that probably explains that, the missus wants Oliver but i think its a bit pomus (Sorry to any oliver's on here!!! im sure your fine blokes!!)

Tell her you know a Company Director called Ben who wears a nice line in cardigans :-) and there's always that posh bloke who does the Longleat programme, Ben Fogle I think he's called, my misses fancies him anyway-him and that porker Ray Mears.

That will take the wind out of her sails!

Hope this helps!
  • edited September 2008
    I thought Ben was the name of a rat that Michael Jackson sang to... ;o)

One of my God-sons is called Ben - & he's white.

EDIT - Forgot to say, he's 3 and the wife & I already think he's a friend of Dorothy! We know it's wrong, but we both came to the same conclusion very soon after meeting him...
  • [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]I thought Ben was the name of a rat that Michael Jackson sang to... ;o)

One of my God-sons is called Ben - & he's white.

EDIT - Forgot to say, he's 3 and the wife & I already think he's a friend of Dorothy! We know it's wrong, but we both came to the same conclusion very soon after meeting him...

HA HA HA HA HA HA

enjoy hell... damn i laughed looks like i'll be joining you!
  • Sponsored links:

• To be honest, the sister in Law is a nasty peice of work, very opionated and rascist,oh and shes a teacher!!! im gona fight for Ben, F Block im sure your right about michael jackson and ben, but that is an animal and not a person..
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Glad this has come up need some help here. me and the mrs are expecting our first child in Jan, its a boy. I love the name Ben or Benjamin, but her stuck up sister in law told her that Ben is a 'Black persons name' how fecking out of order was that!!)

That is just so bloody ridiculous - tell her to mind her own effing business.

Ben the rasta Hayes will agree
  • Leaving the racism to one side for a moment, she still sounds like a fookin nasty beetch. I mean, why slag off the name you like? Why not just keep shtum?

You should tell her that her name, whatever it is, "is the name of that evil, poisonous, self-opinionated old slag off the telly - you know the one!". That should shut her up.
  • i think its just jelousy to be honest she has wanted a baby for ages so as we beat her to it she is trying to but in.
  • I used to know Peter and Andrea Farley-Moore many years ago. Their eldest son got called Sheffield, from what I recall was born on a Wednesday. I have reason to belive PFM is now the vicar of St John's Blackheath.
  • Just tell her that Mr. Ben was your hero.
  • I blame Bob Geldoff he started it all. Actually lets blame him for everything. Love to get my Dad started on a rant about him, he expresses his dislike for him far better than me.
  • Uncle Ben ;-)
  • Congratulations Adam!

Perhaps the biggoted old cow is thinking of Uncle Ben's rice. If I were you, I'd seriously consider Winston Jamal Leroy just to spite her.
  • edited September 2008
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Glad this has come up need some help here. me and the mrs are expecting our first child in Jan, its a boy. I love the name Ben or Benjamin, but her stuck up sister in law told her that Ben is a 'Black persons name' how fecking out of order was that!! now i have the misus and her fecking mum not wanting to call are son Ben!!!! what a ridculasly rascist comment to make,im seeing her on sat night and im going to make her tell me 5 black Ben's!! the only name i know is Ben johnson the athlete!! the sister in law is from deepest kent so that probably explains that, the missus wants Oliver but i think its a bit pomus (Sorry to any oliver's on here!!! im sure your fine blokes!!)
    What nasty, spiteful individual she sounds. Nothing like as nasty but my SIL was responsible for us changing what we were calling our first born. We liked Daniel but she kept reminding us how much she disliked it as it conjured up mental images of chavvy women bawling DANNEEEEE, doing it to the point where we just couldn't take it any more and changed our minds!! So he was called Joshua instead and quite honestly I'm glad - everyone calls him Josh now - even his teachers - he likes it and it really suits him!

Naming kids has got waaaay out of hand though, and it pre-dates the Beckhams by a long way.
  • Sponsored links:

• my 2nd boy would have been ben or sam if my father in law hadn't passed away before he was born we obviously named him after his grandad.

Seriously though adam you should tell her to do one - regardless if you upset her
  • edited September 2008
    I was either going to be Zac, Samuel or Darrel instead she chose to Use samuel the grandad's name as my middle name and Darrel as my first name.

My 2nd cousin was named zac in memory of my mother saying she wanted one of the next kids to be born in the family to be Zac.
  • edited September 2008
    Ben Affleck is white.
    Ben Shepherd - the tv presenter bloke
    And Benjamin Franklin, one of the most famous ever Americans was white as well.
  • When I was pregnant with both of my children the only person I discussed potential names with was my husband, for two reasons: people are far too quick to disect names, and if someone likes them enough they steal them for their kids! What you and yr missus call your son is no-ones business but yours. If come 'd' day it's still as bad as this make sure you register the baby's birth alone - you can put what you want down on the birth certificate then!
  • if anyone tells me the names they think they'll call their kids i always say "oh thats lovely" even if i think its horrible. I have friends with kids and when they've named them whatever, i've thought perhaps "not what i'd have chosen", but its not my choice or business so why should i care! now i couldn't imagine any of the kids having different names and they're all lovely and well suited!
  • My son and his pregnant girlfriend have just been to lunch with us. He has just said that if it's a boy they want to call him Wentworth - WTF!!!!!!!!!!

And no he's not into golf!
  • [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]Congratulations Adam!

Perhaps the biggoted old cow is thinking of Uncle Ben's rice. If I were you, I'd seriously consider Winston Jamal Leroy just to spite her.

That was my initial thought except I chose Errol rather than Jamal....
  • My mother in law has already told us that she wants to be referred to as Grandma, when our child is born.

Naturally, I'll be teaching it to say Nanna from day one!
  • [cite]Posted By: Essex_Al[/cite]My son and his pregnant girlfriend have just been to lunch with us. He has just said that if it's a boy they want to call him Wentworth - WTF!!!!!!!!!!

I think they are a fan of prison break and are naming it after wentworth miller
  • [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Essex_Al[/cite]My son and his pregnant girlfriend have just been to lunch with us. He has just said that if it's a boy they want to call him Wentworth - WTF!!!!!!!!!!

I think they are a fan of prison break and are naming it after wentworth miller

Or "Prisoner: Cell Block H" - I'm pretty sure that was Wentworth Prison.