Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Red Cards

After yet another disgraceful tackle that has resulted in a bad injury isnt it about time the blanket 3 match ban was changed to a tiered system to fit the crime. I find it amazing that you get the same punishment for pulling someone back as you do for breaking someones leg with malicious intent.

Comments

• [quote][cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]After yet another disgraceful tackle that has resulted in a bad injury isnt it about time the blanket 3 match ban was changed to a tiered system to fit the crime. I find it amazing that you get the same punishment for pulling someone back as you do for breaking someones leg with malicious intent.[/quote]

Not wholly true, if a player commits a serious injury and there is intent involved (say Ben Thatcher on Mendes) then the FA can extend the ban considerably.
  • I actually think its quite fair at the moment, with the split between 1 match bans and three. As said, if there is an outcry afterwards, the authorities can extend.

If you left it all up to a panel then it would simply end up favourable to the bigger clubs, like everything else is.
  • The authorities couldn't extend the ban on the Newcastle player who actually assaulted Fagan from Hull the other week!!!!!!!!!!!
  • I think there's a big difference between "couldn't" and "wouldn't"
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I actually think its quite fair at the moment, with the split between 1 match bans and three. As said, if there is an outcry afterwards, the authorities can extend.

If you left it all up to a panel then it would simply end up favourable to the bigger clubs, like everything else is.

And if you appeal a one match ban, it's automatically doubled.
    If you are a 'Big 4' club, it's automatically rescinded.

Perfectly fair, of course, so never a problem .........
  • I thought this thread would be about the Red Card Membership scheme....
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]I thought this thread would be about the Red Card Membership scheme....

Wrong again, Suzi
  • edited September 2008
    I hate the red card M/S scheme i bought a Red Card Platinum M/S and then they decided to make it free so i paid £20 for a tin a pen and a badge as well as a void CON number... Thanks Charlton!
  • Haven't seen it but heard the Rockenback one was an absolute shocker.

10 match bans should come in