Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Whats the best/funniest getting the day,time or date wrong story.

Is it me or does it feel like friday today..Woke up this morning full of the joys of autumn!! yipee its friday thank F i told the missus, err sorry love its actually thursday!!! FFS!!! have worked out the reason now, tuesday night games! they always throw me off guard. Whats the best mistake you have ever made with the calender? mine was getting to gatwick airport at 05.30am when the flight was actually due to take off at 17.30pm the missus never checked when she booked it over the phone or checked the paper work when it arrived just told me 5.30am!! didnt bother to go home just ended up in brighton for the day which wasnt so bad, apart from the fact we were in shorts and teeshirts and it was bloody cold on the seafront!!

Comments

• Options
    Mine was actaully to do with Charlton. We had a game against West Ham on New Years day and I was told by family that it was a 12.30 kick off so we all went down there early doors, me feeling like absolute shite and smelling of Whisky from the night befores celebrations to find out it was a 3 o'clock kick off, so we sat in Bartrams for about 3 hours feeling rough only to be told the game had been called off because of the weather!
  • Options
    Plaayer i did that for that game also got to the wetherspoons in woolwich absolutley fecked had convinced the wife to drive me there she was too langers so got a pal to do it for 30 quid had my first livener and by the 4th asked a couple of hungover mates if they thought it was unusally quite for match day only to be told by the bar man the game was off, Bstds
  • Options
    Ha, ha, I just remember it being the most miserable day, absoultely p*ssing down and then finding the game was off. I think I've been in better moods!
  • Options
    My mate's stag do is on this Saturday.

Last Friday night his best mate from Amsterdam arrived on his doorstep with his weekend bag...

Amsterdam mate: "WAAHHAAY!! Lets get twatted then fella!!"

The Stag: "eh? what the fcuk are you doing here?"

Amsterdam mate: "the stag night do you wally!"

The Stag: "yeah nice one buddy, shame your a week early!"

Amsterdam mate: "oh"

Fair play to him though, he's booked another flight and is coming over this weekend too.
  • Options
    Few times on a Saturday had dragged my rear out of bed and got ready for school to be told by my laughing parents it was a Saturday. Many years ago mind.

Sisters used to regularly wake me up and tell me it was Christmas Day and to open my presents. Taking into account it was normally mid summer. I wake up like the living dead so never exactly with it for a couple of hours.
  • Options
    I was 18 adn living at home with Ma and Pa

My alarm went off so I got up, showered, got dressed and just as I was heading downstairs my Dad said "Where are you off to boy"

"Work" I said merrily

Not at 3 in the morning I suspect - now stop making so much noise and go back to bed

For some reason my stereo went haywire and the alarm went off at the wrong time
  • Options
    Sort of in this category.

Went out for a long boozy lunch one December, staggered to Cannon Street, got on a train to Woolwich Arsenal, got the bus, couldnt find my keys so rang the bell, my Mum answered the door with the words "what are you doing here" I said I live here and she said "you got married 4 months ago and live in Essex. Whoops.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dansmudge[/cite]My mate's stag do is on this Saturday.

Last Friday night his best mate from Amsterdam arrived on his doorstep with his weekend bag...

Amsterdam mate: "WAAHHAAY!! Lets get twatted then fella!!"

The Stag: "eh? what the fcuk are you doing here?"

Amsterdam mate: "the stag night do you wally!"

The Stag: "yeah nice one buddy, shame your a week early!"

Amsterdam mate: "oh"

Fair play to him though, he's booked another flight and is coming over this weekend too.

Ha ha quality! Think you've got it the wrong way round though and you should all be going out to Amsterdam for the stag do.
  • Options
    Brunello thats bloody excellen! Best thing I've read today. Bet that didn't got down too well with the wife though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red Fraggle[/cite]Brunello thats bloody excellen! Best thing I've read today. Bet that didn't got down too well with the wife though.

Fortunately my wife was used to my over indulgence in those days and found it amusing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Brunello , pmsl .
    Top work fella !
  • Options
    brunello that is funny.

Mine on same lines - years ago woke up it's 8am - shit shit shit gonne be late in shower dressed ran downstairs - bloody hell dad could have woke me up gonna be late for work etc - he 's like but what eh - i'm out the door in the motor to the station.

Get to the staTion and think bloody hell it's not busy today - ask the geezer behind the glass what's happened are trains cancelled etc - he says it saturday mate always this quiet.

Go home sheepishly walk in to the old man going you wanker I tried telling you but you was out the door in a flash.

back to bed sharpish.

Makes me grin now thinking about it- cos I was driving to the station thinking dad's such a pain in the ass not waking me up blah blah blah wouldn't have been hard for him and it was all my own doing.
  • Options
    I once got as far as Ransom Walk before I realised that the reason why North Greenwich and the buses were so quiet was because we weren't actually playing at home that night, it was the following Tuesday.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Mine was actaully to do with Charlton. We had a game against West Ham on New Years day and I was told by family that it was a 12.30 kick off so we all went down there early doors, me feeling like absolute shite and smelling of Whisky from the night befores celebrations to find out it was a 3 o'clock kick off, so we sat in Bartrams for about 3 hours feeling rough only to be told the game had been called off because of the weather!

Had a similar thing happen once with West Brom, just turned around and went home and then came back later (I live in the West Midlands).

Not a wrong date but a wrong place story, and all my Old Man's fault I hasten to add. Back in the 99/00 season he says to me on a Friday afternoon "Fancy going to Stockport vs Charlton tomorrow?", " Yeah alright" I say, "we haven't been there before". So off we go, get parked right close to the ground which we're very pleased about but it all seems a bit quiet for a match day, which it is because the gates are locked because its actually the day of the reverse fixture and we're playing at home!!!! I didn't think to check if we were at home or away - but why would you? Still, in a way it did us a favour as we ended up missing the only home defeat of the season! Suffice to say, I tend to check the fixture list these days before agreeing to invites from him to matches.

(Apologies to anyone who has read that story before on other message boards)
  • Options
    Exiled , while you were at Edgeley Park you could have re-enacted Dowies terrific header.
    In his own net.
  • Options
    Exiled, that is absolutely brilliant !!

What a bell !
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    The missus is away in Barbados with her sister when the world cup's on.

England are due to play Argentina that afternoon. My missus is something like 5 hours behind us (I think) so she says "you watch it at your time and let me know if it's a good game and I can watch it when the time comes round out here......"
  • Options
    When I was a student living in Newcastle I came home for the Christmas holidays. I boarded the train at Newcastle Central station, found the seat I'd reserved and settled down for the journey. A few minutes later a couple, checking the seat numbers informed me I was sitting in their seat. "No, I'm sure I'm not, I've reserved this one" I said. Confused we took out our seat reservation tickets and checking the numbers it seemed that we had the same seat reservation. "Oh," said the couple, "the ticket office must of made a mistake, we'll just sit over here and wait for the inspector, he'll sort it out I suppose." So the couple and I sat around the same table, amiably chatting away cursing the ticket office for their incompetence.

It was only when I looked at the reservation ticket that it dawned on me, I was on train to London, yes, that left Newcastle at 10:30, yes. I was in the right seat on the WRONG day. I'd got my dates mixed up, the train I'd booked my tickets for left the day earlier! The train was already pulling into Durham, I couldn't get off now. I told the couple that I was going to find the ticket inspector myself to see if I could sort this silly mess out. Embarrassed, I skulked away and spent a good 30 minutes of my journey trying to explain to a bemused ticket inspector that I'd cocked up. Fortunately he let me off and I bought a wall calendar.
  • Options
    A few years ago a friend was due to go to Freibourg in Switzerland to meet some clients. Arriving late he found a hotel and then the next morning went to the train station to wait for his client to meet him. After the appointed time arrived and went and seeing no sign of anyone to meet him he called the client asking where they were etc to be told we're here, right outside the station. He looked, couldn't see anyone and he recounts it stood there waving his hand around to make himself identifiable. It was then that he realised that he was in Freiburg Germany, not Freibourg in Switzerland.
  • Options
    On another occasion on a train from Frankfurt to Freiburg I sat next to an American GI who was about 17 and on his first trip out the States and returning to base after a few days R&R in Frankfurt. The ticket inspector came round, nothing wrong with my ticket, then he looks at the Yank's...Not being able to speak any German he'd correctly ordered a ticket to Freidberg, just outside Augsburg where there is a large US military base, but hadn't realised that Freiburg and Freidberg were completely different places and so he got on the train to Freiburg. I talked the ticket inspector round from fining him, and got him to change the ticket and left the Yank at Freiburg with ten marks to buy himself a cup of coffee on the way home.